Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. 06:39 - Nov 20 with 4258 viewsITFC_Forever

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 06:47 - Nov 20 with 3585 viewsSitfcB

How long will he last do we reckon?
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 6:47]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 07:10 - Nov 20 with 3544 viewsBloomBlue

Strange choice for me, he has never been happy unless he has millions to spend. Plus he has never been overly keen on playing youngster and Spurs recent approach has been don't spend millions and use the youth players
Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 07:15 - Nov 20 with 3537 viewsStokieBlue

Some form of madness seems to have taken hold at Spurs.

Opens the door for the return of Man Utd to the gold at the top under Poch.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 07:50 - Nov 20 with 3454 viewsBiGDonnie

He'll smash it at Spurs.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:09 - Nov 20 with 3429 viewsitfcjoe

Something needed to happen at Spurs, I'm surprised it is this but the writing has been on the wall for a little while for Pochettino.

A couple of good articles in the Athletic recently with regards to how his time has come and he has sulked his way to the sack.

One of my mates who is a Spurs fan and pretty switched on about it all has been saying for weeks how the players always reflect the managers character since he has been there and so clear nothing wrong - he's totally gutted it has ended like this though.

Mourinho will get them a trophy, but wouldn't say he is the right man for anything more than a couple of years - like he is everywhere else, and usually ends up leaving the club in a bad state with older players on long deals.

He may have had an epiphany since United, but I doubt it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:11 - Nov 20 with 3416 viewsHerbivore

Interesting choice, plumping for the Portuguese Mick McCarthy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:15 - Nov 20 with 3408 viewsBryanPlug

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 07:50 - Nov 20 by BiGDonnie

He'll smash it at Spurs.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:20 - Nov 20 with 3399 viewschicoazul

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:09 - Nov 20 by itfcjoe

Something needed to happen at Spurs, I'm surprised it is this but the writing has been on the wall for a little while for Pochettino.

A couple of good articles in the Athletic recently with regards to how his time has come and he has sulked his way to the sack.

One of my mates who is a Spurs fan and pretty switched on about it all has been saying for weeks how the players always reflect the managers character since he has been there and so clear nothing wrong - he's totally gutted it has ended like this though.

Mourinho will get them a trophy, but wouldn't say he is the right man for anything more than a couple of years - like he is everywhere else, and usually ends up leaving the club in a bad state with older players on long deals.

Poch has Bayern Munich lined up the end of this season by informed accounts.

Mourinho will do what he always does; go well for a couple of years then it will all fall apart.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:20 - Nov 20 with 3396 viewsWD19

Is definitely going to go one way or another. Who knows, they might even win something.

Great opportunity for him. Decent squad and means he can stay in London with his family.

That said, there are a few players that have been agitating to leave for a while and this will give them the perfect 'excuse'. He will take a lot of heat for stuff that would have happened anyway.
Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:24 - Nov 20 with 3383 viewsJohnny_Boy

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:11 - Nov 20 by Herbivore

Interesting choice, plumping for the Portuguese Mick McCarthy.

Your dream combination
Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:34 - Nov 20 with 3351 viewsbritbiker

Can't believe yet another club is going to allow this man to take millions in salary out of english football.

No doubt they will have a small bounce in their results, which is not hard bearing in mind they are playing currently below their expected level. Then the sulky one will talk himself out of the remaining years of his contract whilst taking a large payoff.

Spurs fans will turn very quickly when/if this goes wrong and the owner will be the one to get the flack this time.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 8:42]
Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:41 - Nov 20 with 3326 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Brilliant appointment.

Happy he is back in the Prem.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:51 - Nov 20 with 3293 viewsKieran_Knows

I bet Nemanja Matic is rubbing his hands together as we speak.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:54 - Nov 20 with 3288 viewsKieran_Knows

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:41 - Nov 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

Brilliant appointment.

Happy he is back in the Prem.

Brilliant appointment in what respect? If they get the Mourinho from Chelsea (first time around) and Inter Milan, they could be laughing, however the recent Mourinho and I'm sure they'll turn on him very quickly.

I predict an exodus of players in the next couple of seasons (Eriksen to go next summer anyway), plus Kane leaving for Real or Barcelona as Benzema and Suarez can't go on forever.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 09:15 - Nov 20 with 3234 viewsBigManBlue

Can't see the logic - unless Spurs are desperate for silverware and think he's the man to land them a quick cup?

Puts me in an awkward spot as I've never been Mourinho's biggest fan but always had a soft spot for Spurs as they were my nan's team.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 09:15 - Nov 20 with 3233 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:54 - Nov 20 by Kieran_Knows

Brilliant appointment in what respect? If they get the Mourinho from Chelsea (first time around) and Inter Milan, they could be laughing, however the recent Mourinho and I'm sure they'll turn on him very quickly.

I predict an exodus of players in the next couple of seasons (Eriksen to go next summer anyway), plus Kane leaving for Real or Barcelona as Benzema and Suarez can't go on forever.

You are right, it does depend on what Jose turns up.
Poch shouldn't have been sacked, but as replacements go, I think it is safe and makes sense. People talk about him not playing youth, but which up and coming youth players were playing in that Tottenham side week in week out. Winks who is now a full England international. Parrot and Skipp off the bench perhaps? So I don't think that will be to his detriment at Spurs.

Plus, I think they are going for a quick cup, I think that is what Levy wants short term in the new stadium.

Not a bad manager though. Got a Sh1t United team to second. Grumpy, yes, but I don't think he has lost it like many people suggest.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 9:19]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 09:24 - Nov 20 with 3210 viewsdavblue

He needs to learn and adapt, what worked for him 10 years ago has started to look dated and he's got grumpier, doesn't seem to be able to get players on side anymore which was his strength at Chelsea first time around.

On Paper it doesn't look the right fit but if he's willing to adapt and change the way he manages, he can still be a top manager. I have my doubts, the sign of a good manager who has longevity is moving with the times, Jose hasn't shown he can do that so far.

3 Leagues won in 9 years isn't bad but early Jose, won leagues consistently.

Him and Levy, i can't see getting on, Jose will blow his top with him.
Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 09:28 - Nov 20 with 3190 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can't see that going down well with fans that have come to enjoy entertaining football.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 09:40 - Nov 20 with 3170 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I do think the year out might have helped him, as will living and working in London.

Friend of a friend says Mourinho is a big fan of Mings incidentally.
Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 09:44 - Nov 20 with 3156 viewsitfcjoe

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 09:40 - Nov 20 by PrideOfTheEast

I do think the year out might have helped him, as will living and working in London.

Spurs is an exciting project, and will have a pretty free hand to get going as going to lose a number of main men this year - the Ajax 3 of Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld will go.

But think he'll clash with Levy at some point and it will only end one way - Spurs are streets behind the others in big 6 when you look at budgets.

A Spurs supporting mate was fairly philosophical when he said everything that Levy has done over the years has pushed the club forwards so you have to trust him that this is right - a bit dissimilar to here!

Mings would now be £75m, needs at least a good 18 months in the Pl to justify the fee it would take to prise him away so think he will have to admire from afar

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 09:49 - Nov 20 with 3139 viewschicoazul

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 09:40 - Nov 20 by PrideOfTheEast

Ibrahimovic will sign for Spuds in the next few days

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 11:50 - Nov 20 with 3053 viewsclive_baker

I'm just glad we've held on to Lambert over the past 24 hours.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If he is as bad as he was at Utd..... on 11:58 - Nov 20 with 3021 viewsBloots

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 09:15 - Nov 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

You are right, it does depend on what Jose turns up.
Poch shouldn't have been sacked, but as replacements go, I think it is safe and makes sense. People talk about him not playing youth, but which up and coming youth players were playing in that Tottenham side week in week out. Winks who is now a full England international. Parrot and Skipp off the bench perhaps? So I don't think that will be to his detriment at Spurs.

Plus, I think they are going for a quick cup, I think that is what Levy wants short term in the new stadium.

Not a bad manager though. Got a Sh1t United team to second. Grumpy, yes, but I don't think he has lost it like many people suggest.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 9:19]

....Spurs will be delighted.

They need some silverware desperately.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 12:10 - Nov 20 with 2995 viewsnrb1985

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:34 - Nov 20 by britbiker

Can't believe yet another club is going to allow this man to take millions in salary out of english football.

No doubt they will have a small bounce in their results, which is not hard bearing in mind they are playing currently below their expected level. Then the sulky one will talk himself out of the remaining years of his contract whilst taking a large payoff.

Spurs fans will turn very quickly when/if this goes wrong and the owner will be the one to get the flack this time.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 8:42]

Agree, outrageous YET ANOTHER english club would give him a job.

I mean, what did he ever do at Chelsea for example?
Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 12:12 - Nov 20 with 2983 viewsMrTown

The King is back.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024