Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom 16:37 - Nov 19 with 8831 viewshampstead_blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50474345

Capped salaries of £350k.
That's just made hundreds of firms leave the UK,.

Will the last person left please turn out the lights......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 16:42 - Nov 19 with 3376 viewsGaryCooper

Totally irrelevant, Labour are as far from power as they ever have been, five more years of chaotic tories and universal credit pushing people in to desperate situations, yep JC supporters take a bow.
Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 16:56 - Nov 19 with 3350 viewsBloomBlue

I really dont get ideas like that, surely they know foreign owned companies will leave quicker than if we had a hard brexit.

Plus I don't see how they can even enforce that on a foreign owned company like Nissan. So it would only be UK companies who would then lose loads of talent to foreign companies. But don't worry the wonderful unions will step in and lead those companies to the promised land.

Classic really JC telling business yesterday we're your friend today JM tells them we will destroy you. Once again the ' you make it we'll pinch it' rears its head.

Cannot believe anyone could vote for such an anti business party. Without businesses you have no NHS or public services.

Would the last working person in the country please turn the lights out.
Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 16:57 - Nov 19 with 3350 viewshampstead_blue

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 16:42 - Nov 19 by GaryCooper

Totally irrelevant, Labour are as far from power as they ever have been, five more years of chaotic tories and universal credit pushing people in to desperate situations, yep JC supporters take a bow.

It's like McDonald and Corbyn want to self-harm.

This range of policies will decimate industry.

JM was telling us this morning he was all about entrepreneurs and then he does this!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 16:59 - Nov 19 with 3345 viewsBrianTablet

Yes, let's turn off the lights powered by greedy, profit-centred shareholder-owned utilities.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:16 - Nov 19 with 3328 viewshampstead_blue

JM 'nobody deserves to be a billionaire!'......

Really?

If I am super successful and I can sell my business for buckets of cash then I do. So do you, and you, and you, and you.....

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:25 - Nov 19 with 3307 viewsHerbivore

Why will capping public sector executives' pay at £350k a year lead to loads of private companies leaving the UK?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:28 - Nov 19 with 3304 viewsBlueBadger

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 16:56 - Nov 19 by BloomBlue

I really dont get ideas like that, surely they know foreign owned companies will leave quicker than if we had a hard brexit.

Plus I don't see how they can even enforce that on a foreign owned company like Nissan. So it would only be UK companies who would then lose loads of talent to foreign companies. But don't worry the wonderful unions will step in and lead those companies to the promised land.

Classic really JC telling business yesterday we're your friend today JM tells them we will destroy you. Once again the ' you make it we'll pinch it' rears its head.

Cannot believe anyone could vote for such an anti business party. Without businesses you have no NHS or public services.

Would the last working person in the country please turn the lights out.

It's a proposed cap for the public sector. Given your views on the public sector I'd have though you'd welcome less 'waste'..
For private firms it's proposing mandatory 'shop floor' representation on boards and at senior level. and an opportunity for those on the shop floor to hold shares.

Which is the model which John Lewis has employed successfully for years now.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 17:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:32 - Nov 19 with 3298 viewsHerbivore

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:16 - Nov 19 by hampstead_blue

JM 'nobody deserves to be a billionaire!'......

Really?

If I am super successful and I can sell my business for buckets of cash then I do. So do you, and you, and you, and you.....

I make him right. I doubt there's a single billionaire that has accumulated that wealth without some degree of exploitation. If you're able to extract that level of wealth out of a business you sure as hell aren't paying your workers well enough for doing the graft that is making you obscenely rich. How much is Bezos worth? Whilst Amazon employees earn minimum wage and live in tents and are supplemented by top up benefits paid for from public money? That's before getting into the tax avoidance. You're telling me he deserves it rather than he's a massive shyster who's gaming the system for his own gain? You come across as a total patsy for the lies that underpin laissez faire capitalism.

Login to get fewer ads

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:34 - Nov 19 with 3287 viewsBlueBadger

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 16:57 - Nov 19 by hampstead_blue

It's like McDonald and Corbyn want to self-harm.

This range of policies will decimate industry.

JM was telling us this morning he was all about entrepreneurs and then he does this!

How is a cap on public sector salaries and, for the private sector, 'shop floor' representation and share holding at board level going to do that?
It's been a successful model for John Lewis for decades now.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 17:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:40 - Nov 19 with 3266 viewsDarth_Koont

It's public sector chief executives according to this.

Although I expect the Highways Agency would like to go off and do some tarmacing in Italy for a change of pace and some nice scenery.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:40 - Nov 19 with 3265 viewsHerbivore

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:28 - Nov 19 by BlueBadger

It's a proposed cap for the public sector. Given your views on the public sector I'd have though you'd welcome less 'waste'..
For private firms it's proposing mandatory 'shop floor' representation on boards and at senior level. and an opportunity for those on the shop floor to hold shares.

Which is the model which John Lewis has employed successfully for years now.

I know that those on the right are less well-educated than those on the left but I did think they could at least read. It seems they can take in numbers but not words based on this thread.

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:41 - Nov 19 with 3258 viewsHerbivore

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:40 - Nov 19 by Darth_Koont

It's public sector chief executives according to this.

Although I expect the Highways Agency would like to go off and do some tarmacing in Italy for a change of pace and some nice scenery.

I can see it now, Lambeth Council uprooting and moving to Tuscany.

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:50 - Nov 19 with 3226 viewsBlueBadger

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:40 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

I know that those on the right are less well-educated than those on the left but I did think they could at least read. It seems they can take in numbers but not words based on this thread.

I think, at this point, it's now just wilful ignorance and Stockholm syndrome. They're the politics equivalent who insist that last season was MUCH better for ITFC supporters than the preceding 5 because they've decided that Lambo/Boris is their man, no matter how bad a job he's making of it.

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:51 - Nov 19 with 3217 viewsDarth_Koont

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:41 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

I can see it now, Lambeth Council uprooting and moving to Tuscany.

The Office for National Statistics could head off to Oktoberfest and just make up any numbers.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:52 - Nov 19 with 3214 viewseireblue

Will they have to be able to correctly comprehend the immigration policies of the destination countries first?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 17:53]
Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:54 - Nov 19 with 3201 viewsHerbivore

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:50 - Nov 19 by BlueBadger

I think, at this point, it's now just wilful ignorance and Stockholm syndrome. They're the politics equivalent who insist that last season was MUCH better for ITFC supporters than the preceding 5 because they've decided that Lambo/Boris is their man, no matter how bad a job he's making of it.

At this point the press don't even need to put a negative spin on Labour and a positive one on the Tories, it seems the OP and the first few respondents on this thread are so brainwashed now that they see what they want to see rather than what's actually being reported. It's embarrassing.

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:58 - Nov 19 with 3192 viewsBlueBadger

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:54 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

At this point the press don't even need to put a negative spin on Labour and a positive one on the Tories, it seems the OP and the first few respondents on this thread are so brainwashed now that they see what they want to see rather than what's actually being reported. It's embarrassing.

Dear old Hammers is demonstrating why a lot of people see the term 'military intelligence' as an oxymoron.

Going back to football, I almost hope that Boris wins because I fear for his mental health if he doesn't.
Although, any mental illness would probably be better managed by an NHs under a non-Tory administration..
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 16:13]

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 18:01 - Nov 19 with 3185 viewsOldsmoker

As Herb said its public companies only.
Shareholders own companies not the guys who run it.
Its shareholders who would vote to move the company abroad not the board but why would they.
If I was a shareholder I would be made up to know that I only had to pay my top execs 350k rather than multi-million pound salaries and bonuses. The bosses could always leave and get another job at another company for the same 350k. Thats dumb. They could go abroad but the lack of multilingual skills of English people means that probably a non-starter too.
You didn't think that through did you.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 18:07 - Nov 19 with 3174 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 17:54 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

Ridiculous isn’t it. We’re screwed if more people have this lack of comprehension.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 18:13 - Nov 19 with 3152 viewsHerbivore

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 18:07 - Nov 19 by Swansea_Blue

Ridiculous isn’t it. We’re screwed if more people have this lack of comprehension.

It highlights something really quite troubling: people are so much more driven by their own biases than they are by the truth that the truth has lost all meaning. The OP has totally misunderstood the policy despite it being quite clearly articulated in the article he's linked and others of a similar political persuasion have not only failed to correct him but have piled on. I'm not sure how this thread got several posts in before I corrected such a clear and obvious misunderstanding by the OP. It can only be because the misrepresentation better fitted with what they feel to be right and so it didn't matter that it wasn't true.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 18:14]

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 18:19 - Nov 19 with 3129 viewsflimflam

If this is just for the public sector which we essentially pay for via taxes then its actually the first sensible proposal to come out of the Labour camp.

I presume this would catch Gary Lineker and all the fat salaries paid for at the BBC also?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 18:20 - Nov 19 with 3123 viewsjeera

You donut.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 18:22 - Nov 19 with 3114 viewsBlueBadger

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 18:19 - Nov 19 by flimflam

If this is just for the public sector which we essentially pay for via taxes then its actually the first sensible proposal to come out of the Labour camp.

I presume this would catch Gary Lineker and all the fat salaries paid for at the BBC also?

Aren't a lot of the big BBC stars essentially tied to various (private)production companies rather than the Beeb itself?

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 18:27 - Nov 19 with 3104 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 18:13 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

It highlights something really quite troubling: people are so much more driven by their own biases than they are by the truth that the truth has lost all meaning. The OP has totally misunderstood the policy despite it being quite clearly articulated in the article he's linked and others of a similar political persuasion have not only failed to correct him but have piled on. I'm not sure how this thread got several posts in before I corrected such a clear and obvious misunderstanding by the OP. It can only be because the misrepresentation better fitted with what they feel to be right and so it didn't matter that it wasn't true.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 18:14]

Agree entirely. And the worse culprits are those who bang on about democracy, but they’re the ones actually killing democracy by willingly spreading falsehoods that dictate other people’s voting patterns. You can’t have a functioning democracy based on propaganda. The inevitable conclusion of Bannon/Trump style post-truth politics.

I’m surprised how quickly things have changed under Johnson, but I suppose I shouldn’t be. I was hoping people were less gullible, had some common sense and more of a critical eye. That’ll learn me!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 18:30 - Nov 19 with 3096 viewsjaykay

Ready, steady, go.....race to the bottom on 16:59 - Nov 19 by BrianTablet

Yes, let's turn off the lights powered by greedy, profit-centred shareholder-owned utilities.

you do know this thread is a right wing bum fest.
this board is full of right wingers or something like that.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024