Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? 14:22 - Nov 19 with 2719 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'll be watching, mainly to see if Boris makes an almighty cock-up.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:24 - Nov 19 with 1998 viewsStokieBlue

Boris will mess it up, Corbyn will repeat his catchphrases and everyone will pretty much come on here and state the same things they have the last week.

Seems a bit odd to me to have the debate before either side has even released any manifestos or policies. They can say anything then just say it didn't make the manifesto.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:24 - Nov 19 with 1997 viewschicoazul

No. It's utterly pointless and further adds to the cultural spiritual and political malaise of this country, as you just demonstrated. One of the worst things we ever did was allow cameras in the HofC and Lords as it led to politicians behaving like TV stars rather than serious thoughtful people.

EDIT; what I am saying is politicians should not be allowed on TV unless they are there to get the sht kicked out of them by journalists or the public.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 14:26]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:26 - Nov 19 with 1986 viewsBrixtonBlue

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:24 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

Boris will mess it up, Corbyn will repeat his catchphrases and everyone will pretty much come on here and state the same things they have the last week.

Seems a bit odd to me to have the debate before either side has even released any manifestos or policies. They can say anything then just say it didn't make the manifesto.

SB

Agree with everything you've said there.

I have to say, I have no real interest in Jo Swinson but she's every right to be miffed at not being involved, doesn't she?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:31 - Nov 19 with 1952 viewsSwansea_Blue

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:24 - Nov 19 by chicoazul

No. It's utterly pointless and further adds to the cultural spiritual and political malaise of this country, as you just demonstrated. One of the worst things we ever did was allow cameras in the HofC and Lords as it led to politicians behaving like TV stars rather than serious thoughtful people.

EDIT; what I am saying is politicians should not be allowed on TV unless they are there to get the sht kicked out of them by journalists or the public.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 14:26]

I don't think they've ever all been "serious thoughtful people". Just because the cameras weren't rolling back in the old days doesn't mean that skulduggery and corruption wasn't still going on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_scandals_in_the_United_Kingdom

Particulalrly bad at the moment though. I like SB's apparently serious suggestion that Corbyn is better known as a catchphrase/slogan person than Boris

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:48 - Nov 19 with 1932 viewsStokieBlue

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:31 - Nov 19 by Swansea_Blue

I don't think they've ever all been "serious thoughtful people". Just because the cameras weren't rolling back in the old days doesn't mean that skulduggery and corruption wasn't still going on.

Particulalrly bad at the moment though. I like SB's apparently serious suggestion that Corbyn is better known as a catchphrase/slogan person than Boris

To be honest I hadn't even considered Boris catchphrases, I just went for the most probable things and for Boris he will mess things up more than spew memorable catchphrases because he's totally rubbish.

SB

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 15:16 - Nov 19 with 1892 viewsStokieBlue

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:26 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

I have to say, I have no real interest in Jo Swinson but she's every right to be miffed at not being involved, doesn't she?

Seems McDonnell has said a few things that will be in the manifesto although the part around tuition fees seems incomplete:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50474345

SB

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 15:39 - Nov 19 with 1871 viewsbluelagos

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:48 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

To be honest I hadn't even considered Boris catchphrases, I just went for the most probable things and for Boris he will mess things up more than spew memorable catchphrases because he's totally rubbish.

SB

Catchphrases? Never.

I just wonder whether Johnson will promise an 'oven ready' brexit or an 'Economically damaging, job destroying hard version that could lead to both NI and Scotland leaving the union and won't be close to being ready in 12 months time' brexit?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 15:54 - Nov 19 with 1836 viewsSwansea_Blue

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:48 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

SB

He's got more catchphrases than Bullseye! But yes, I imagine lots of mumbling and rambling will be going on unless he can keep to a script.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 15:54 - Nov 19 with 1835 viewsDarth_Koont

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 15:39 - Nov 19 by bluelagos

Catchphrases? Never.

I just wonder whether Johnson will promise an 'oven ready' brexit or an 'Economically damaging, job destroying hard version that could lead to both NI and Scotland leaving the union and won't be close to being ready in 12 months time' brexit?

Not forgetting "dither and delay".

And I think "It's the National Health Service not the International Health Service" will also get a run out. It's the perfect, meaningless but still managing to get it wrong slogan with a lovely little dash of xenophobia thrown in.

Pronouns: He/Him

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:01 - Nov 19 with 1824 viewschicoazul

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:31 - Nov 19 by Swansea_Blue

I...dont think I said it didnt? But yes we had much more serious thoughtful politicians in this country until cameras arrived and politicians thought they were movie stars. Politics now is show business for ugly people after all.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:02 - Nov 19 with 1822 viewsDarth_Koont

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:26 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

Agree in principle. But in practice, with our two-party system, it's Labour and Tory that will define the future even if the smaller parties will play a supporting role. The election and its result will come down to two different directions for the country.

Plus I hate those three-way debates. Better to see points raised and answered in some sort of order - or at least to have a chance of that.

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:08 - Nov 19 with 1808 viewsPinewoodblue

Watched both make their pitch to the PFI. Boris was his usual blustery self while Jeremy spoke clearly and in a measured manner trouble was the message was getting over. didn't see all of the third leader as they didn't bother to show it all, breaking away to cover news stories.

not keen on her deliberate delivery think it is to hide your Scottish accent.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:19 - Nov 19 with 1777 viewsitfcjoe

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:08 - Nov 19 by Pinewoodblue

Watched both make their pitch to the PFI. Boris was his usual blustery self while Jeremy spoke clearly and in a measured manner trouble was the message was getting over. didn't see all of the third leader as they didn't bother to show it all, breaking away to cover news stories.

not keen on her deliberate delivery think it is to hide your Scottish accent.

I always find in debates Corbyn loses his rag a bit quickly, will see how it goes tonight as he has become a much stronger performer at PMQs. Johnson is terrible when challenged

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:26 - Nov 19 with 1756 viewsBrixtonBlue

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:02 - Nov 19 by Darth_Koont

Agree in principle. But in practice, with our two-party system, it's Labour and Tory that will define the future even if the smaller parties will play a supporting role. The election and its result will come down to two different directions for the country.

Plus I hate those three-way debates. Better to see points raised and answered in some sort of order - or at least to have a chance of that.

I agree with all you say. I also prefer the one on one debates. But how can someone like the Liberals break into the top 2 if they're not included?

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:30 - Nov 19 with 1750 viewshampstead_blue

Part of me agree's she has a right to be there but the only reason they have some support is Brexit.

The election after the coalition saw them deep in the long grass.

Not sure if the are viable as a serious government which leads me to think No.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:39 - Nov 19 with 1734 viewschicoazul

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:26 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

I agree with all you say. I also prefer the one on one debates. But how can someone like the Liberals break into the top 2 if they're not included?

They were in government 4 years ago.

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:40 - Nov 19 with 1733 viewsStokieBlue

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:01 - Nov 19 by chicoazul

I...dont think I said it didnt? But yes we had much more serious thoughtful politicians in this country until cameras arrived and politicians thought they were movie stars. Politics now is show business for ugly people after all.

Saw something you'd like today.

The UK has ~3000 miles of motorways in total. China is building ~6000 miles of motorways per year. Good factoid for your next climate change thread.

SB

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:47 - Nov 19 with 1717 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think people can take Swinson seriously. She comes across like a very whingey supply teacher. I have no doubt that if Soubry was Lib Dem leader she'd be at the debate.

I will be watching. Convince me Corbyn.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:47 - Nov 19 with 1720 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris is mad to do this. He has a 30 point lead over Corbyn who would make best PM. If he doesn’t put in a performance to justify that lead then it’s a win win for Corbyn.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:50 - Nov 19 with 1712 viewsGlasgowBlue

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:19 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

I always find in debates Corbyn loses his rag a bit quickly, will see how it goes tonight as he has become a much stronger performer at PMQs. Johnson is terrible when challenged

Corbyn gets very rattled and angry when challenged on facts. Boris just lies through his teeth or completely ignores the question.

Iron Lion Zion

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:51 - Nov 19 with 1704 viewsJ2BLUE

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:50 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

Corbyn gets very rattled and angry when challenged on facts. Boris just lies through his teeth or completely ignores the question.

It's my pet hate when politicians avoid a question and they are allowed to get away with it. When Boris is interviewed and avoids a question several times, don't move on, say this is a 30 minute interview and i'm going to ask this question repeatedly until you answer it or walk away and do yourself massive damage.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:54 - Nov 19 with 1692 viewsitfcjoe

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:51 - Nov 19 by J2BLUE

It's my pet hate when politicians avoid a question and they are allowed to get away with it. When Boris is interviewed and avoids a question several times, don't move on, say this is a 30 minute interview and i'm going to ask this question repeatedly until you answer it or walk away and do yourself massive damage.

They now take questions in groups of 3 and just ignore the ones they don’t want to answer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 17:04 - Nov 19 with 1671 viewsjaykay

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 14:24 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

SB

boris may have used some of these catchphrases " brexit means brexit" "the will of the people" "take back control "leave means leave " lets get brexit done" plus loads more.
i know there are all brexit slogans but this election is all about boris and his brexit. nothing more nothing less

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 17:04 - Nov 19 with 1671 viewsDarth_Koont

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:26 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

We have to be honest with ourselves here: they can't.

And trying to even things up in the media coverage means nothing when the reality of FPTP elections set in.

I think if Swinson had said the LibDems would work with one of the bigger parties and made the case for themselves as a coalition partner then perhaps that would have justified her being on. But that sounds like an almost separate televised panel debate for them and the SNP plus others.

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 17:56 - Nov 19 with 1605 viewsGlasgowBlue

So are you all watching the Boris v Jeremy showdown tonight? on 16:51 - Nov 19 by J2BLUE

When James Callaghan refused to answer a question on defence from the late great Brian Walden, Mr Walden immediately ended the interview. Andrew Marr should have done the same on Sunday when Corbyn refused to say whether or not he wanted to leave the EU.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024