Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? 10:17 - Nov 17 with 15549 viewsMullet

After those sweaty revelations and the like, is it not yet another indicator that whilst we have had nearly a decade of Tory led impoverishment, that we need to act?

We could easily sort this country this election. Vote in Corbyn, and he can keep us in Europe (a nod to the royals after all) and nationalise all the land, houses, corgis and use the taxes to pay for broadband and hospitals.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 10:37 - Nov 17 with 8197 viewsfactual_blue

I only saw part of the interview, lured back to the lounge by Mrs Factual's roars of laughter at the interview.

Some admittedly brief research suggests that a 'medical condition' that prevented Andrew from sweating would mean he'd be dead by now. Maitlis was clearly under orders not to press on that - or that bit was edited out.

Car crash television at its finest.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 10:54 - Nov 17 with 8167 viewsWD19

He can use the savings to pay for Trident, seeing as that is a core Labour manifesto commitment.
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 10:56 - Nov 17 with 8155 viewsMookamoo

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 10:37 - Nov 17 by factual_blue

I only saw part of the interview, lured back to the lounge by Mrs Factual's roars of laughter at the interview.

Some admittedly brief research suggests that a 'medical condition' that prevented Andrew from sweating would mean he'd be dead by now. Maitlis was clearly under orders not to press on that - or that bit was edited out.

Lizards.
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:07 - Nov 17 with 8125 viewscrunchie1978

David icke was right all along then.......he only now needs to show us his true reptilian form!
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:23 - Nov 17 with 8091 viewsRyorry

Couple of things for discussion generally about that interview -

1. If I were guilty, I wouldn't have gone on primetime mainstream TV for an interview for a minute, never mind 3/4 hr.

2. Why there isn't any official log of Prince Andrew's whereabouts - don't all royals have a protection officer or security staff with them or outside their doors 24/7?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:35 - Nov 17 with 8054 viewsAce_High1

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:23 - Nov 17 by Ryorry

1. If I were guilty, I wouldn't have gone on primetime mainstream TV for an interview for a minute, never mind 3/4 hr.

2. Why there isn't any official log of Prince Andrew's whereabouts - don't all royals have a protection officer or security staff with them or outside their doors 24/7?

What we need is a statement from Pizza Express in Woking!!!
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:05 - Nov 17 with 7997 viewsRyorry

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:35 - Nov 17 by Ace_High1

But as someone's pointed out on Twitter, he could have been there between 4-5pm & still gone late-night clubbing in London.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:10 - Nov 17 with 7982 viewstractordownsouth

Lots of criminals hog the limelight after they've committed the crime.

Stuart Hazell, Mitchell Quy etc.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:13 - Nov 17 with 7965 viewsfactual_blue

I want to know more about his 'medical condition' that stopped him from sweating.

Most of the ones I've found sound rather serious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypohidrosis

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:13 - Nov 17 with 7962 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 10:37 - Nov 17 by factual_blue

Factors how dare you....it was a delayed, short term response to being shot at in the Falklands....as I am sure the royal quack will confirm!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:17 - Nov 17 with 7948 viewsfactual_blue

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:10 - Nov 17 by tractordownsouth

Lots of criminals hog the limelight after they've committed the crime.

Stuart Hazell, Mitchell Quy etc.

...and boris.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 12:25 - Nov 17 with 7933 viewsMullet

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 11:35 - Nov 17 by Ace_High1

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 17:10 - Nov 17 with 7718 viewsOldsmoker

I'd still let them open supermarkets etc once we become a republic.
The royal approval seems to be losing it's lustre though.
They still call the Elizabeth line Crossrail and the Second Severn crossing is sometimes called the new 'un but no-one ever calls it the Prince Charles Bridge.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:33 - Nov 17 with 7664 viewsDubtractor

Some outstanding bullsh1ttery from the alleged prince of the nonces (am i allowed to say that?).

I'm almost embarrassed for him tbh. Imagine being so aloof, so arrogant, that you could come out with this nonsense and think that it would be enough to get you off the hook?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:40 - Nov 17 with 7649 viewsjeera

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:33 - Nov 17 by Dubtractor

Some outstanding bullsh1ttery from the alleged prince of the nonces (am i allowed to say that?).

I'm almost embarrassed for him tbh. Imagine being so aloof, so arrogant, that you could come out with this nonsense and think that it would be enough to get you off the hook?

Being taken to task for a time they could get away with anything by default.

It is the beginning of the end for that part of the establishment, and not before time.

No disrespect to Liz, whom I think has been marvellous.

It's just all coming to a natural end for the whole concept of royalty.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:04 - Nov 17 with 7626 viewsGeoffSentence

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:33 - Nov 17 by Dubtractor

If the allegations of his relationship with Virginia Roberts are true, then being 17 she was over the age of consent in London, were he was alledged to have sex with her, but under it in the US Virgin Isles where she was under the age of consent.

It's all terribly confusing, would that make him a nonce or not?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:07 - Nov 17 with 7616 viewsFootballpete

If I was a billionaire being accused of being a peado, I think I’d come up with a better alibi than being at a low budget chain restaurant ideally suited for taking children who are fussy eaters.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:08 - Nov 17 with 7611 viewsjeera

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:04 - Nov 17 by GeoffSentence

If the allegations of his relationship with Virginia Roberts are true, then being 17 she was over the age of consent in London, were he was alledged to have sex with her, but under it in the US Virgin Isles where she was under the age of consent.

I don't like that term [nonce] being applied here, but the real question should be whether, and how, she, and people like her, were being exploited.

The legality of age is one thing, but if people like her were being moved around like cargo for the sole purpose of pleasuring high-ranking personnel, then surely we're into trafficking territory.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:21 - Nov 17 with 7563 viewsbrogansnose

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:04 - Nov 17 by GeoffSentence

I wonder if at any point that he thought that it would be fine to take his daughters to one of Epsteins 'parties' ?
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:23 - Nov 17 with 7557 viewsOldsmoker

When you say "Do away with the Windsors" do you mean?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:27 - Nov 17 with 7541 viewsWD19

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:21 - Nov 17 by brogansnose

I wonder if at any point that he thought that it would be fine to take his daughters to one of Epsteins 'parties' ?

Epstein came to his daughters birthday party if that counts!?
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:37 - Nov 17 with 7525 viewsbrogansnose

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:27 - Nov 17 by WD19

Epstein came to his daughters birthday party if that counts!?

Really ? Wow.

However you tot it up I find it incredible that he at the very least didn't know what was going on. He came accross as someone who had been coached in possible questions , or pre arranged questions, but the whole thing requires such a suspension of belief that its beyond the realms of possibility.
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:56 - Nov 17 with 7470 viewsAce_High1

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 18:40 - Nov 17 by jeera

Being taken to task for a time they could get away with anything by default.

It is the beginning of the end for that part of the establishment, and not before time.

No disrespect to Liz, whom I think has been marvellous.

It's just all coming to a natural end for the whole concept of royalty.

The best thing to do what be once Liz passes on to disband the whole concept of the Royal family. Its not fit for this modern world.

As others have said, with all of the PR professionals and media people advising him, you can't believe he said some of the things he did. Such poor answers and excuses and no remorse.
Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:58 - Nov 17 with 7465 viewsMullet

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:37 - Nov 17 by brogansnose

Really ? Wow.

However you tot it up I find it incredible that he at the very least didn't know what was going on. He came accross as someone who had been coached in possible questions , or pre arranged questions, but the whole thing requires such a suspension of belief that its beyond the realms of possibility.

A few things came out of the BBC World Service bulletin today.

The accuser said all this in 2015 in US court under oath. She is claiming she was trafficked and forced to have sex with him 3 times. Age of consent aside, the moral bankruptcy he has there to do that is astounding. The manner of his denials clearly show that he wants to try and cast as much fog over that era as possible, therefore he's got some skeletons somewhere even if this is proven to be false.

Also he claims to have been staying at the consulate down the street and "may have visited the house" and throughout maintained this idea he was merely staying there or nearby on various different trips out of necessity. There are how many hotels in cities like New York, Boston etc?

The BBC wheeled out a former royal reporter who was adamant that there was no way this would have had the blessing of any advisors. That either Liz herself or Fergie will have been the one(s) to encourage him to go on the offensive.

It's absolutely staggering.

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 20:02 - Nov 17 with 7453 viewsMullet

Surely time to do away with the Windsors now? on 19:23 - Nov 17 by Oldsmoker

When you say "Do away with the Windsors" do you mean?

I wouldn't kill them.

But I'd give them one provincial residence of their choice (they'd probably go to Norfolk if they're sensible the locals will be that bit more deferential and bovine) and a pension for the natural lives of Liz and her children. After that, they get what HMRC can't claw back from the caymans in the reformation.

Nationalise everything else, charge Americans an extra tourist tax and give them "VIP access" to where Phillip used to wipe his ass or Charles boffed Camilla in secret or whatever, and use the cash to fix Britain up a bit.

Given what Brexit is founded on when it comes to "unelected" wastes of cash, surely 52% of the population would welcome this with open arms already?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024