Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... 09:21 - Nov 15 with 3690 viewsITFC_Forever

https://www.edp24.co.uk/going-out/the-killers-uk-tour-2020-norwich-carrow-road-c

They seem to be able to attract the big acts.... where as we get Rod Stewart and Neil Diamond every other year.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 9:22]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 09:25 - Nov 15 with 3668 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 09:40 - Nov 15 with 3645 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

After 4 nights of Ed Sheeran in the town this summer, I don't think we can really be accused of not attracting a big name?

Rivalry aside, this is great news for the region. Especially when recently only Westlife, JLS, Take That have been the calibre of artist heading north of the border.

2006 was still our pinnacle with RHCP in my opinion

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 10:02 - Nov 15 with 3610 viewsITFC_Forever

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 09:40 - Nov 15 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

After 4 nights of Ed Sheeran in the town this summer, I don't think we can really be accused of not attracting a big name?

Rivalry aside, this is great news for the region. Especially when recently only Westlife, JLS, Take That have been the calibre of artist heading north of the border.

Ed only came here because he grew up in Fram.... there's no way he would have come here otherwise.

"Only" Westlife, Take That and JLS are all massive names who will sell out and bring in cash to the football club - more than Rod and Neil will do.... who don't sell out and they have to have the stage long-ways to reduce the amount of empty space in the stadium.

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 10:27 - Nov 15 with 3577 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 10:02 - Nov 15 by ITFC_Forever

Ed only came here because he grew up in Fram.... there's no way he would have come here otherwise.

"Only" Westlife, Take That and JLS are all massive names who will sell out and bring in cash to the football club - more than Rod and Neil will do.... who don't sell out and they have to have the stage long-ways to reduce the amount of empty space in the stadium.

But we also know from Ed that record labels only allow their acts to play a certain region at a certain time, Ipswich falls very much into the London category.

The Killers are also playing the Emirates and have probably deemed that a Norfolk gig will not pull people away from attending that.

I would say the Elton John concert we held a few seasons back was a massive success.

Whereas allegedly You Me at Six (big enough to sell our arenas) cancelled their gig here in 2018 because of a lack of interest.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 10:29 - Nov 15 with 3574 viewschicoazul

The Killers are truly one of the worst cultural artifacts in modern human history.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 12:33 - Nov 15 with 3468 viewshoppy

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 09:40 - Nov 15 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

I would say the REM gig was on a par with RHCP, personally.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 12:42 - Nov 15 with 3458 viewsSuperblue95

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 10:29 - Nov 15 by chicoazul

The Killers are truly one of the worst cultural artifacts in modern human history.

They’re only Human

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 12:43 - Nov 15 with 3455 viewshoppy

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 12:42 - Nov 15 by Superblue95

They’re only Human

Are they not dancers?

Login to get fewer ads

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 12:44 - Nov 15 with 3450 viewsSuperfrans

Rod Stewart, Neil Diamond and Elton John are much bigger acts than the Killers.

Plus, of course, The Killers have already played in Suffolk - at Latitude Festival in 2018.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 12:44 - Nov 15 with 3449 viewsSuperblue95

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 12:43 - Nov 15 by hoppy

Are they not dancers?

Only when they were young

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 13:23 - Nov 15 with 3377 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 12:44 - Nov 15 by Superblue95

Only when they were young

Personally I couldn't name a single one of their songs, but somebody told me they play some glamorous indie rock & roll.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 14:46 - Nov 15 with 3306 viewsITFC_Forever

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 12:44 - Nov 15 by Superfrans

Plus, of course, The Killers have already played in Suffolk - at Latitude Festival in 2018.

Historically may be, but Neil and Rod seem to struggle to sell out PR, whereas I suspect that The Killers at CR will sell out very quickly.... maybe because Elton, Rod and Neil have done PR on several occasions now.

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 09:16 - Nov 16 with 3101 viewsBryanPlug

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 10:27 - Nov 15 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

But we also know from Ed that record labels only allow their acts to play a certain region at a certain time, Ipswich falls very much into the London category.

The Killers are also playing the Emirates and have probably deemed that a Norfolk gig will not pull people away from attending that.

I would say the Elton John concert we held a few seasons back was a massive success.

Whereas allegedly You Me at Six (big enough to sell our arenas) cancelled their gig here in 2018 because of a lack of interest.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 16:52 - Nov 16 with 2989 viewsActionMan

We're a football club, not a music venue, who gives a toss.
Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 17:25 - Nov 16 with 2968 viewsMattinLondon

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 16:52 - Nov 16 by ActionMan

For reasons unknown, some people do care.
Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 17:30 - Nov 16 with 2961 viewstextbackup

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 13:23 - Nov 15 by ThisIsMyUsername

Personally I couldn't name a single one of their songs, but somebody told me they play some glamorous indie rock & roll.

get you, Mr cool dude

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 17:56 - Nov 16 with 2934 viewshoppy

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 17:25 - Nov 16 by MattinLondon

For reasons unknown, some people do care.

Some people just think Everything Will Be Alright even without trying to maximise revenue on non-match days, or at least that’s The Way It Was...

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 18:05 - Nov 16 with 2915 viewsTractorWood

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 12:44 - Nov 15 by Superfrans

If you're a 70 year old housewife.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 18:48 - Nov 16 with 2882 viewsGeoffSentence

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 16:52 - Nov 16 by ActionMan

Commercial Revenue.

Our commercial revenue income is pathetic, it is on a par with little old Burton.

Meanwhile the likes of Bristol City were getting a commercial revenue stream in the region of three times what ours was in The Championship.

We failed in the Championship because we struggled to compete financially. More commercial revenue such as we get from hiring the stadium out for big concerts, could have made all the difference.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 18:54 - Nov 16 with 2871 viewsRadlett_blue

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 18:48 - Nov 16 by GeoffSentence

Commercial Revenue.

Our commercial revenue income is pathetic, it is on a par with little old Burton.

Meanwhile the likes of Bristol City were getting a commercial revenue stream in the region of three times what ours was in The Championship.

We failed in the Championship because we struggled to compete financially. More commercial revenue such as we get from hiring the stadium out for big concerts, could have made all the difference.

Bristol is 4x the size of Ipswich so surely an easier place in which to earn commercial income? While every little helps, I doubt larger commercial income would provide the £10m or so a year more that we would need to be even vaguely competitive in the Championship. While I hope we get promoted, I think we will be bottom half strugglers if we go up, given our recent playing budgets.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 19:06 - Nov 16 with 2860 viewsGeoffSentence

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 18:54 - Nov 16 by Radlett_blue

Bristol is 4x the size of Ipswich so surely an easier place in which to earn commercial income? While every little helps, I doubt larger commercial income would provide the £10m or so a year more that we would need to be even vaguely competitive in the Championship. While I hope we get promoted, I think we will be bottom half strugglers if we go up, given our recent playing budgets.

Your point about the size of Bristol is a good one, and given that,we would struggle to get near the extra 8 million that they got in com.mercial revenue

However, my answer to the answer was in response to the question "We're a football club, not a music venue, who gives a toss. ", and we should give a toss because every extra penny helps even if we don't get near the levels that the likes of Brizzle and Nodge were getting.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 19:08 - Nov 16 with 2857 viewsRadlett_blue

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 19:06 - Nov 16 by GeoffSentence

Your point about the size of Bristol is a good one, and given that,we would struggle to get near the extra 8 million that they got in com.mercial revenue

However, my answer to the answer was in response to the question "We're a football club, not a music venue, who gives a toss. ", and we should give a toss because every extra penny helps even if we don't get near the levels that the likes of Brizzle and Nodge were getting.

Agreed. If concerts bring in some decent revenue (preferably without wrecking the pitch) we'd be mugs not to do them. I presume we simply rent PR to the promoter for a fee & also pocket the catering profit.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 19:50 - Nov 16 with 2815 viewsActionMan

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 17:56 - Nov 16 by hoppy

Some people just think Everything Will Be Alright even without trying to maximise revenue on non-match days, or at least that’s The Way It Was...

They could start by investing in the first team so we can get into the Premier League and then we'd sell out our match day allocation before worrying where the Killers play next. Sounds silly I know.
Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 01:15 - Nov 17 with 2710 viewshoppy

Killers performing at Carrow Rd next summer.... on 19:50 - Nov 16 by ActionMan

They could start by investing in the first team so we can get into the Premier League and then we'd sell out our match day allocation before worrying where the Killers play next. Sounds silly I know.

I don't recall that song...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024