Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... 15:40 - Nov 13 with 1665 viewsITFC_Forever

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50100530

35/37

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 15:51 - Nov 13 with 1632 viewsTractorCam

36, fuming as I definitely answered this but presumably as I missed out the start of it....

2 wins - Only two victories for this nearby nation but one was at a major finals, and they held England to a draw at a World Cup as well.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 16:59 - Nov 13 with 1571 viewsfactual_blue

33/37 - Should have been 35 but the BBC spelt at least two countries incorrectly.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 17:26 - Nov 13 with 1539 viewsSamWhiteUK

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 16:59 - Nov 13 by factual_blue

33/37 - Should have been 35 but the BBC spelt at least two countries incorrectly.

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 17:45 - Nov 13 with 1516 viewsWD19

Its just a random country guessing game!

I managed to miss Romania and Mexico, but got Peru!
Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 18:02 - Nov 13 with 1496 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 15:51 - Nov 13 by TractorCam

36, fuming as I definitely answered this but presumably as I missed out the start of it....

2 wins - Only two victories for this nearby nation but one was at a major finals, and they held England to a draw at a World Cup as well.

Same for me - if you then look at the answers the reason it hasn’t been counted is you presumably lazily typed in I*****d like me, and that is a separate answer from when it was a combined country...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 18:12 - Nov 13 with 1495 viewsvapour_trail

I missed Ireland. Fecking Ireland.

And Peru.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 18:22 - Nov 13 with 1485 viewsLankHenners

37, although it becomes just naming countries after a while. Tricky bit, as mentioned already, is remembering nations that were combined/split/played under a different name.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 18:46 - Nov 13 with 1454 viewstractordownsouth

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 15:51 - Nov 13 by TractorCam

I had exactly the same situation

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 19:01 - Nov 13 with 1433 viewsBergholtblue

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 18:12 - Nov 13 by vapour_trail

I missed Ireland. Fecking Ireland.

And Peru.

Exactly the same as me. I thought Rep of Ireland had gone through but they accepted as united Ireland which left RoI still to be guessed

Poll: Adidas or Umbro?

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 19:04 - Nov 13 with 1431 viewsFtnfwest

37, Ukraine was the last one I could recall
Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 19:14 - Nov 13 with 1421 viewsSuperblue95

I got all 37 but that was the last one I got despite the fact I’ve lived there nearly all my life! I too had lazily typed the short answer and it was only when I properly read the description that I knew who it was and so typed it out in full.

I like these quizzes but they do tend to be a bit ‘frantically type as many countries as you can think of’

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Another BBC quiz - name all the opponents who have beaten England... on 00:28 - Nov 14 with 1330 viewsIPS_wich

36 - Missed Ukraine

Peru was just when I was randomly adding in some countries.

If I hadn't realised quite late that USSR and Russia were two separate answers I probably wouldn't have got West Germany or Rep of Ireland
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024