Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad form? 09:32 - Nov 13 with 1069 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I've known games where 40,000 have turned up and the game has been allowed to be delayed 15 minutes for some of the few thousand away fans to get there when there have been delays on the route they are taking in.

It seems to be a widely acknowledged thing to do if a large percentage of supporters are struggling.

Is it over the top to suggest it is really bad form on Colchester's part not to delay the game when 2/3 of their revenue last night was made up from Town fans? I know they said it was 5,000 with 2,700 from ITFC but their own fans seem to be agreed there was nowhere near as many of their fans.

At £10 a ticket, you're looking at an extra £25,000 that they made last night with it being us as opposed to 50 or 100 fans from other clubs for that match. If you can't make allowances to put a game back 15 minutes (to what would be a usual kick off time anyway) to accommodate a huge percentage of the crowd then it's very poor in my opinion.

At least they won their cup final against our reserves. They'll live off that for years.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Bad form? on 09:41 - Nov 13 with 1010 viewsITFC_Forever

Stuart Watson even tweeted that Col U made an announcement on the PA that kick-off was likely to be delayed.

They knew there had been problems, but then didn't bother.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bad form? on 12:47 - Nov 13 with 891 viewsSharkey

Yeah, quite a few are saying they can’t be arsed to go to Old Trafford now.
Bad form? on 14:40 - Nov 13 with 786 viewsJ2BLUE

So you're claiming that it was their cup final and that they didn't have many fans there? Which is it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bad form? on 14:52 - Nov 13 with 765 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bad form? on 14:40 - Nov 13 by J2BLUE

So you're claiming that it was their cup final and that they didn't have many fans there? Which is it?

Southend took 6,000 to the playoff final in Cardiff against Lincoln.

It was their cup final and they didn’t take many fans there. The two can co-exist.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Bad form? on 19:58 - Nov 13 with 641 viewsActionMan

They also won the prize money from the match and being the overall group winners.

I wouldn't regard them as viewing it as their cup final either, they didn't look like they wanted to be there either. A sad example of modern football when professional clubs cannot be bothered with competitive matches because apparently footballers can only play 2 games in a row these days before they're useless for months.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024