Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? 17:26 - Nov 12 with 1621 viewsEwan_Oozami

50th Anniversary tour - first saw them December 1975 at the Kursaal...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? on 18:10 - Nov 12 with 1589 viewsLevelTheLand

I’ll be there, not seen them before though.
Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? on 18:45 - Nov 12 with 1564 viewsbritbiker

Love hawkwind, wish I had known it was on. Off to see Ghost B C next week though.
Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? on 19:45 - Nov 12 with 1514 viewsRadlett_blue

Dave Brock is apparently still going, but Hawkwind have had over 40 members over the years. A friend of mine saw them in their supposed heyday in the late 1970s & he said they were rubbish - a load of weird special effects, with some heavy rock played on top of it.
Each to their own, eh?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? on 22:05 - Nov 12 with 1418 viewsrfretwell

Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? on 19:45 - Nov 12 by Radlett_blue

Dave Brock is apparently still going, but Hawkwind have had over 40 members over the years. A friend of mine saw them in their supposed heyday in the late 1970s & he said they were rubbish - a load of weird special effects, with some heavy rock played on top of it.
Each to their own, eh?

Saw them at the Edmonton Sundown around '74. Space Rockers par excellence fronted by the half naked big titted Stacia. Once seen never forgotten! Silver
Machine was and still is a superb number - i re-listened to it recently for the first time in decades.
Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? on 22:23 - Nov 12 with 1401 viewsHogger

Next Monday at Cambridge
Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? on 22:59 - Nov 12 with 1377 viewslongtimefan

Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? on 19:45 - Nov 12 by Radlett_blue

Each to their own, eh?

Does Alan Davey from Ipswich still play with them? Used to be close friends with his two elder brothers.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 16:37]
Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? on 15:28 - Nov 13 with 1280 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? on 22:59 - Nov 12 by longtimefan

Does Alan Davey from Ipswich still play with them? Used to be close friends with his two elder brothers.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 16:37]

Nope, he's playing in Gunslinger again..

Line up last night was:
Brock - guitars, vocals
Tim Blake - Theramin and Roland AX
Richard Chadwick - vocals, drums (2nd longest serving member)
Niall Hone - bass
Magnus Martin - guitar, keyboards, vocals

Brilliant gig - highlights for me were Spirit of the Age and Assault and Battery/The Golden Void (the latter played at breakneck speed!)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? on 17:30 - Nov 13 with 1250 viewsrfretwell

Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? on 15:28 - Nov 13 by Ewan_Oozami

Nope, he's playing in Gunslinger again..

Line up last night was:
Brock - guitars, vocals
Tim Blake - Theramin and Roland AX
Richard Chadwick - vocals, drums (2nd longest serving member)
Niall Hone - bass
Magnus Martin - guitar, keyboards, vocals

Brilliant gig - highlights for me were Spirit of the Age and Assault and Battery/The Golden Void (the latter played at breakneck speed!)

Yes Spirit of the Age is brilliant too. I must try and wcatch them in London sometime.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone off to see Hawkwind at the Corn Exchange tonight? on 22:48 - Nov 13 with 1207 viewsWeWereZombies

OK, I am claiming Hawkwind top trumps - Dagenham Roundhouse in 1972.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024