Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? 13:48 - Nov 12 with 21102 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Tories campaign basically amounts to being ‘Not Corbyn’, getting Brexit done plus lots of promises which almost certainly haven’t been costed and won’t be delivered

The Labour campaign amounts to being ‘Not the Tories’, maybe getting Brexit done plus lots of promises which almost certainly haven’t been costed and won’t be delivered

The Lib Dem’s campaign amounts to being ‘Not the Tories or Labour’, abandoning Brexit...and that’s about it?

Then all the small parties (plus SNP but no one other than Darth cares about Scotland)

I know it’s early days yet but that’s pretty much it isn’t it?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:01 - Nov 12 with 3587 viewsfooters

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:48 - Nov 12 by jeera

"some melt"

Not exactly covering yourself in glory there.

How on earth is this helpful?

From all you claim, you should know better.

It just makes me angry that some people claim their vote won't make a difference when I see, on a daily basis, people whose lives it would improve. Democracy is about participation. If you don't participate, then you have nothing to whinge about. These are real people and everyone's vote matters. To see someone proudly saying they're not going to participate at any level boils my piss, sorry.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:01 - Nov 12 with 3586 viewsJ2BLUE

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:47 - Nov 12 by footers

As someone who's been active in local politics and charity work for many years, it annoys me that some melt like J2, who's presumably done nowt, can just sit there proudly putting it all down, without any of the facts or understanding of the people he's voting on behalf of.

Sorry, such a lazy, asocial POV boils my piss. Me, me, me attitude.

I've done charity work. Not sure what that has to do with using my vote though.

Proudly? What planet are you on? You've taken my point, spun it into something it wasn't and attacked me for it. All very odd. I guess you lose the plot when Spruce isn't here to pull your strings.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:02 - Nov 12 with 3582 viewsJ2BLUE

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:01 - Nov 12 by footers

It just makes me angry that some people claim their vote won't make a difference when I see, on a daily basis, people whose lives it would improve. Democracy is about participation. If you don't participate, then you have nothing to whinge about. These are real people and everyone's vote matters. To see someone proudly saying they're not going to participate at any level boils my piss, sorry.

Again, I have no idea where proudly is coming from.

Truly impaired.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:04 - Nov 12 with 3579 viewsJ2BLUE

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:48 - Nov 12 by jeera

"some melt"

Not exactly covering yourself in glory there.

How on earth is this helpful?

From all you claim, you should know better.

Thank you but don't worry about it mate. He's attacking the false point he has created rather than anything i've said.

Truly impaired.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:04 - Nov 12 with 3575 viewsfooters

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:56 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

and we don't have an electable opposition. who then will be to blame for 5 more years of tory government? who then is asocial?

We have an electable government, but given your recent views on many subjects, I'm not sure Labour's the party you should be voting for ;) You're part of the problem for your pearl-clutching a la Corbyn. We held our noses for you, now you need to do the same. Soz.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:06 - Nov 12 with 3563 viewsjeera

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:01 - Nov 12 by footers

People are allowed to be confused.

And let's face it, not an awful lot is clear cut at the moment.

But none of us have a right - no matter how we feel about each personally - to make calls on how we all choose to show our displeasure. That's simply not your shout mate.

It's not.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:09 - Nov 12 with 3556 viewsjeera

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:04 - Nov 12 by J2BLUE

Thank you but don't worry about it mate. He's attacking the false point he has created rather than anything i've said.

Don't thank me - I'm saying as I see.

I'm not happy with you for dragging Spruce's name into this either.

I think well of both of you, but on this occasion I find you both a bit guilty.

You can both have a go at me another day. It's fine. But do pack it in please.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:16 - Nov 12 with 3525 viewsjeera

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:56 - Nov 12 by lowhouseblue

and we don't have an electable opposition. who then will be to blame for 5 more years of tory government? who then is asocial?

And again it's like taking away the responsibility of the incumbent government for their incompetence and blaming the opposition.

The opposition is sh1t and yes appears weak and divisive in so many ways.

But that's not to be used as some diversion tactic as to what is happening with the actual government. We do have a government - a complete prat in office. That's not the opposition's fault, nor anyone else's.

The present day Tory has much to bear before he starts looking around for others to blame.

Login to get fewer ads

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:20 - Nov 12 with 3509 viewsJ2BLUE

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:04 - Nov 12 by footers

We have an electable government, but given your recent views on many subjects, I'm not sure Labour's the party you should be voting for ;) You're part of the problem for your pearl-clutching a la Corbyn. We held our noses for you, now you need to do the same. Soz.

I think that post sums it up really. You aren't really bothered about me disrespecting democracy as you put it. You're bothered that i'm not voting the way you want. If I took the same stance about disrespecting democracy and said I don't want to vote for either but as I have to I will vote Tory I reckon you'd be telling me I don't have to vote.

I understand your passion for wanting change and that you think Labour are the answer but I don't think that gives you the right to get stroppy with people who disagree.

'We held our noses for you, now you need to do the same.'

Why? Says who?

Truly impaired.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:21 - Nov 12 with 3503 viewsJ2BLUE

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:09 - Nov 12 by jeera

Don't thank me - I'm saying as I see.

I'm not happy with you for dragging Spruce's name into this either.

I think well of both of you, but on this occasion I find you both a bit guilty.

You can both have a go at me another day. It's fine. But do pack it in please.

I'm not going to have a go at you.

Truly impaired.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 03:18 - Nov 13 with 3445 viewsActionMan

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 13:53 - Nov 12 by Darth_Koont

Perhaps if you thought more about the policies and the needs of the country then you would find it a "better" election? Certainly a more important one.

You seem to be reading the election at a sub-tabloid level.

He's right because it's worked. Pretty much every Labour voter I know is going to vote for Boris Johnson over Corbyn, and they even voted for him last time, purely because he hasn't had a clear vision for Brexit and nobody knows what he's really thinking or up to. Now Farage has essentially waved the white flag and given Boris x amount of thousands of votes he wouldn't have had he's now a dead cert to win the election outright and implement his rubbish withdrawal agreement. The only thing Nige has to do now is pull out of the Labour marginals and it's game set and win for the Tories.

One tip I have had from a friend campaigning for Labour in Chelmsford is the Lib-Dems may win there ironically because of a concentrated effort by the remnants of UKIP to cost Vicky Ford her seat as a revenge strategy, taking ex amount of the Tory vote off her. Lib-Dems wiped the Tories out there earlier this year so there may be some truth to it.
This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:12 - Nov 13 with 3365 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 22:47 - Nov 12 by footers

As someone who's been active in local politics and charity work for many years, it annoys me that some melt like J2, who's presumably done nowt, can just sit there proudly putting it all down, without any of the facts or understanding of the people he's voting on behalf of.

WTAF

The most astonishing thing is that as a self confessed floating voter who has the Labour Party in consideration, and whom from other posts on here I believe lives in Ipswich which is a swing seat (17th on the list of likely Tory target seats), he is exactly the sort of voter the Labour Party and it’s supporters should be trying to attract. And yet here you are basically calling him a pr*ck for not declaring his immediate support for the cause

Baffling

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:16 - Nov 13 with 3353 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 19:05 - Nov 12 by Darth_Koont

Unfortunately you seem to have ignored me saying for years on here how rubbish our politicians and media are.

Now that there really is a crucial choice and an alternative for which way we’re going to go you’ve decided none of it matters because all politicians are sh1t.

So I guess we might as well carry on with the same politicians and media and a Tory government no-one wants to hold to account.

I haven’t ignored you, I largely agree

You also seem to be implying that I’ve just decided all politicians are sh*t as if there’s no thought process that’s gone into it, rather than having come to that conclusion having assessed the various merits of the parties

The issue, is that due to the lack of an attractive option, we are likely to end up with more of the same as you outline. A more moderate Labour Party with a more popular leader might not be the ideological dream that some consider the current version, but it would almost certainly wipe the floor with the Tories in this election, and actually then be able to deliver changes that actually help improve people’s lives

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:24 - Nov 13 with 3338 viewsgiant_stow

Maybe if j2 works at it really hard, he can be as worthy as you some day.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:24 - Nov 13 with 3338 viewslowhouseblue

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 23:04 - Nov 12 by footers

you really don't understand how all this works. you get a government by building broad electoral support. that involves compromise, appealing to the values of a broad swathe of people, and building credibility and trust. what you and momentum do is the exact opposite - building narrower and narrower support and telling masses of natural labour voters to f*ck off.

i have no idea what the election result will be - but if it is another 5 years of this awful tory government then you and people like you are really going to own responsibility for that defeat and the tragedy that it will be. you will have destroyed the one vehicle for progressive change in this country and turned it into a nasty ineffective sect.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:28 - Nov 13 with 3320 viewsgiant_stow

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:24 - Nov 13 by lowhouseblue

you really don't understand how all this works. you get a government by building broad electoral support. that involves compromise, appealing to the values of a broad swathe of people, and building credibility and trust. what you and momentum do is the exact opposite - building narrower and narrower support and telling masses of natural labour voters to f*ck off.

i have no idea what the election result will be - but if it is another 5 years of this awful tory government then you and people like you are really going to own responsibility for that defeat and the tragedy that it will be. you will have destroyed the one vehicle for progressive change in this country and turned it into a nasty ineffective sect.

Consider this post the equivalent of multiple up arrows.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:31 - Nov 13 with 3301 viewsDarth_Koont

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:16 - Nov 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I haven’t ignored you, I largely agree

You also seem to be implying that I’ve just decided all politicians are sh*t as if there’s no thought process that’s gone into it, rather than having come to that conclusion having assessed the various merits of the parties

The issue, is that due to the lack of an attractive option, we are likely to end up with more of the same as you outline. A more moderate Labour Party with a more popular leader might not be the ideological dream that some consider the current version, but it would almost certainly wipe the floor with the Tories in this election, and actually then be able to deliver changes that actually help improve people’s lives

But we already have the LibDems occupying the ”well, they’re not as bad as the Tories” slot.

A commitment towards investing in and raising the level for the most needy in society IS a departure worth taking seriously.

You and others may disagree that’s a path the country should take but we should be talking about that and not the games of politics and personalities. Then we get the politicians and media coverage we deserve - and likely the same result again and again.

Pronouns: He/Him

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:39 - Nov 13 with 3265 viewsGlasgowBlue

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:12 - Nov 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

WTAF

The most astonishing thing is that as a self confessed floating voter who has the Labour Party in consideration, and whom from other posts on here I believe lives in Ipswich which is a swing seat (17th on the list of likely Tory target seats), he is exactly the sort of voter the Labour Party and it’s supporters should be trying to attract. And yet here you are basically calling him a pr*ck for not declaring his immediate support for the cause

Baffling

Since the election of the dear leader, any dissenting voices from decent lifelong Labour campaigners who have worked all their life to get the Tories out have been met with the cry "Why don't you just fcuk off and join the Tories"!!!!

You are either with the Jeziah or you are the enemy. No grey area.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:44 - Nov 13 with 3248 viewsStokieBlue

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:31 - Nov 13 by Darth_Koont

But we already have the LibDems occupying the ”well, they’re not as bad as the Tories” slot.

A commitment towards investing in and raising the level for the most needy in society IS a departure worth taking seriously.

You and others may disagree that’s a path the country should take but we should be talking about that and not the games of politics and personalities. Then we get the politicians and media coverage we deserve - and likely the same result again and again.

Would it not have been a more sensible plan to have a less wide ranging manifesto which wouldn't scare a lot of people and then prove the changes could be implemented and work and then go for more policies after that?

Attempting to change everything in a single term is ambitious but it's also polarising. I think some posters have a point that Momentum itself is divisive. If you aren't 100% behind them you're a Tory. We see it played out on here often and it's not the way to win people over.

Having progressive and possibly excellent policies is worth nothing if you can't become a viable government.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:44 - Nov 13 with 3246 viewsPinewoodblue

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:24 - Nov 13 by lowhouseblue

The biggest problem the Labour party have is that their active membership is not representative of the support they need to attract to get anywhere near forming a government.

They seem to be trying to win over voters whose support is already guaranteed. They are currently clear leaders in the race to lose.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:47 - Nov 13 with 3234 viewsDarth_Koont

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:39 - Nov 13 by GlasgowBlue

Since the election of the dear leader, any dissenting voices from decent lifelong Labour campaigners who have worked all their life to get the Tories out have been met with the cry "Why don't you just fcuk off and join the Tories"!!!!

You are either with the Jeziah or you are the enemy. No grey area.

It’s an election to get the single worst government the UK has ever had out of office. After 9 years of worsening performance and increasing problems.

Given our FPTP system, it’s not exactly a time to sit on the fence.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:50 - Nov 13 with 3213 viewsGlasgowBlue

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:47 - Nov 13 by Darth_Koont

It’s an election to get the single worst government the UK has ever had out of office. After 9 years of worsening performance and increasing problems.

Given our FPTP system, it’s not exactly a time to sit on the fence.

General elections are won in marginals. Preaching to the converted will ensure each party piles on even more votes in their safe seats.

Treating floating voters as the enemy is certainly a novel approach to winning in those marginals.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:56 - Nov 13 with 3196 viewslowhouseblue

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:50 - Nov 13 by GlasgowBlue

General elections are won in marginals. Preaching to the converted will ensure each party piles on even more votes in their safe seats.

Treating floating voters as the enemy is certainly a novel approach to winning in those marginals.

the mentality seems to be that "those bast*rds who don't support us are going to cost us the election". it's such a perverse way of thinking about politics. if you can't get enough people to support you, then you lose elections - it's not their fault, it's entirely yours.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 10:00 - Nov 13 with 3184 viewsDarth_Koont

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 09:50 - Nov 13 by GlasgowBlue

Personally I don’t care if you vote for the candidate with the best chance of unseating or blocking a Tory/Brexit Party candidate. That’s the priority.

Maybe look at where and why people are being called the “enemy”. Rather than pretending it’s some attack on all floating voters.

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 10:23 - Nov 13 with 3163 viewschicoazul

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? on 20:37 - Nov 12 by footers

Cool. Sit back and watch your indifference cause five more years of misery. There is never a perfect option, but neglecting your democratic duty reeks of complacency. Even if your vote is 'wasted' it's still an important thing to do.

Some people take democracy so lightly that they even join parties they're not affiliated to as a 'joke'.

You haven't yet explained who your local candidates are and why you find them to be unworthy of your vote either.

Sorty luv but I cannot agree that anyone has a duty to vote. If J2 lives in for instance, Islington or Witham or Hackney there is literally no point in voting *but* there is a point in *not* voting. the more people who dont vote the less legitimacy political parties will have which may force them to change to reflect what people want from their representatives.

However I believe it won't be long before voting becomes mandatory in the UK if you are on the electoral roll and another of our hard won freedoms will be forgotten.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024