Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nsiala and the penalty 21:55 - Nov 9 with 4831 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just seen the penalty on the BBC FA Cup highlights page - it's not actually that clear cut as I first thought - Toto gets himself into a bad position but the Lincoln player seems to fall over Toto's leg as he flicks the ball past him - it is a pen, but it's not a crazy challenge from what I can see?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Nsiala and the penalty on 22:03 - Nov 9 with 4749 viewspatrickswell

It looked like a real swallowdive to me. Nsiala will be targetted in this manner but in an odd way, I’d like to see Lambert play him in these next two cup games so he can get up to speed and try to stake a claim for a place. If any of the three regular CBs get injured, Nsiala will be the cover and we need him up to speed.
Nsiala and the penalty on 22:22 - Nov 9 with 4641 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Was coming in to write same thing. Everyone sees pen against Nsiala and assumes he's made a poor tackle (myself included). Its actually a useless and clueless piece of reffing. Nsiala's not even inna bad position for me. Moves to block the space and the player deliberately jumps into and over his knee. If you watch Nsiala makes absolutely no movement toward him. Just stood there. His previous pen award was clumsy but really harsh. Going to cut him some slack tonight.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Nsiala and the penalty on 22:38 - Nov 9 with 4562 viewsistanblue

Just seen it back. It was a clumsy piece of defending and he didn't get the ball. Lincoln player probably made the most of it but it's a penalty nonetheless. Notice how pretty much no other ITFC player complains.

Sorry but Nsiala is a liability - always has a mistake in him. It's no coincidence that he was the one to give away the penalty...again!

For me we need to get rid of him in January and replace him with a new centre back.
Nsiala and the penalty on 07:46 - Nov 10 with 4092 viewsTractorWood

Nsiala and the penalty on 22:38 - Nov 9 by istanblue

Just seen it back. It was a clumsy piece of defending and he didn't get the ball. Lincoln player probably made the most of it but it's a penalty nonetheless. Notice how pretty much no other ITFC player complains.

Sorry but Nsiala is a liability - always has a mistake in him. It's no coincidence that he was the one to give away the penalty...again!

For me we need to get rid of him in January and replace him with a new centre back.

Suffolk said the same thing at the time. If we win the league some of our fans will blame the ref.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 8:37]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Nsiala and the penalty on 07:53 - Nov 10 with 4066 viewsVaughan8

He is so clumsy he is always going to give those away
It did look like a bit of a dive as well but he's still there putting his clumsy body in the way.

As you say a liability though some people still think he's good. Probably cos he did a backjeel near the end haha

Gives the ball away too much and too many penalties. Be interesting to know his ratio of games to penalties and red cards jointly.
Nsiala and the penalty on 08:41 - Nov 10 with 3931 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Just watched it about a dozen times. It was a swallow dive, Toto did nothing at all, the guy just dived to get a pen and the ref fell for it. Too many on here (and maybe opposition players) have it in their heads that Toto gives pens away, and he is being targetted. But he didn't commit a foul yesterday for that pen.

Poll: would you rather

Nsiala and the penalty on 09:24 - Nov 10 with 3780 viewsAbracadobra

Nsiala and the penalty on 22:03 - Nov 9 by patrickswell

It looked like a real swallowdive to me. Nsiala will be targetted in this manner but in an odd way, I’d like to see Lambert play him in these next two cup games so he can get up to speed and try to stake a claim for a place. If any of the three regular CBs get injured, Nsiala will be the cover and we need him up to speed.

Get him up to speed so he can stake a place in our team? Ffs he’s had enough chances to prove he’s just not good enough and will always be a liability. The guy gets me incredibly nervous whenever he’s near the ball for the following reasons;

- He doesn’t win a lot of headers given his size, and when he does his 50p head shines through.
- His passing is inaccurate and looks very clumsy with the ball at his feet.
- He’s already cost us quite a few times, and that trend doesn’t seem to be slowing down any time soon.

For me, Woolfenden and Chambers are streets ahead, and I’d prefer Wilson to Nsiala any day of the week.
Nsiala and the penalty on 09:55 - Nov 10 with 3701 viewsbadadski

Nsiala and the penalty on 09:24 - Nov 10 by Abracadobra

Get him up to speed so he can stake a place in our team? Ffs he’s had enough chances to prove he’s just not good enough and will always be a liability. The guy gets me incredibly nervous whenever he’s near the ball for the following reasons;

- He doesn’t win a lot of headers given his size, and when he does his 50p head shines through.
- He’s already cost us quite a few times, and that trend doesn’t seem to be slowing down any time soon.

For me, Woolfenden and Chambers are streets ahead, and I’d prefer Wilson to Nsiala any day of the week.

Crap defending all ends up, no attempt to clear the ball and a ball that actually he was closer too.
I’m not normally aToto knocker but that was atrocious and as it just needed a leg swung at it and should have cleared it before the attacker even touched it but guessing he has no left leg.
Login to get fewer ads

Nsiala and the penalty on 10:31 - Nov 10 with 3612 viewsPhilTWTD

Nsiala and the penalty on 08:41 - Nov 10 by LegendofthePhoenix

Just watched it about a dozen times. It was a swallow dive, Toto did nothing at all, the guy just dived to get a pen and the ref fell for it. Too many on here (and maybe opposition players) have it in their heads that Toto gives pens away, and he is being targetted. But he didn't commit a foul yesterday for that pen.

I agree, looks like a dive - and not actually a very good one - having seen the video.
Nsiala and the penalty on 10:53 - Nov 10 with 3555 viewsWickets

Nsiala and the penalty on 10:31 - Nov 10 by PhilTWTD

I agree, looks like a dive - and not actually a very good one - having seen the video.

Having looked a couple of times not sure its a dive , cant see what else the attacker can do . Could argue its not a Pen but i would have wanted one if it had been at the other end .
Nsiala and the penalty on 10:55 - Nov 10 with 3547 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nothing to add .... just trying for top 5 last reply by.....

Edit.....get in.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 10:56]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Nsiala and the penalty on 11:32 - Nov 10 with 3468 viewsbournemouthblue

For me that spoilt the game for Nsiala who otherwise looked alright

He looks like one of those centre backs who is more comfortable as the back four are pushed up the pitch and the team are in charge

He looks by no means a lost cause to me

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Nsiala and the penalty on 11:50 - Nov 10 with 3437 viewslongtimefan

I’m no great fan of Toto but that looked so much like a dive that when I saw the ref blow I immediately thought he’d whistled for simulation and was going to caution the attacker!
Nsiala and the penalty on 12:20 - Nov 10 with 3376 viewssparks

Nsiala and the penalty on 11:50 - Nov 10 by longtimefan

I’m no great fan of Toto but that looked so much like a dive that when I saw the ref blow I immediately thought he’d whistled for simulation and was going to caution the attacker!

Given that the player jumped upwards rather than forwards (for effect) I think we can safely say it was a dive. Whethere there was any sort of contact or foul is debateable- but it was certainly simulation.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Nsiala and the penalty on 12:49 - Nov 10 with 3314 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I'm sorry but that's just not what happened. It wasn't a clumsy piece of defending. I'm not convinced by Nsiala and i went in expecting to see clumsy tackle but it just wasnt. He doesnt move. Player knocks ball left and then jumps into his knee and to the ground. Nsiala doesn't move. It's really naive by ref just to buy that.

I just find it really lazy comment to say he always has a mistake in him when he hasn't made a mistake here. The last one against him was really harsh as well but that was clumsy. Then saying it's no coincidence he gave the pen away...it's a dreadful decision and you are choosing to blame him for that. That's on you.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Nsiala and the penalty on 12:52 - Nov 10 with 3302 viewssparks

Nsiala and the penalty on 12:49 - Nov 10 by Terry_Nutkins

I'm sorry but that's just not what happened. It wasn't a clumsy piece of defending. I'm not convinced by Nsiala and i went in expecting to see clumsy tackle but it just wasnt. He doesnt move. Player knocks ball left and then jumps into his knee and to the ground. Nsiala doesn't move. It's really naive by ref just to buy that.

I just find it really lazy comment to say he always has a mistake in him when he hasn't made a mistake here. The last one against him was really harsh as well but that was clumsy. Then saying it's no coincidence he gave the pen away...it's a dreadful decision and you are choosing to blame him for that. That's on you.

Indeed. Though the goal was at his door in any event. Why follow a runner, but not bother to actually do it with enough intent to get into a position to deal with him?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Nsiala and the penalty on 13:01 - Nov 10 with 3274 viewsDarth_Koont

Nsiala and the penalty on 12:49 - Nov 10 by Terry_Nutkins

Well said.

I'm guessing that the ref's view at pitch level and from the side wasn't as good as the camera view. But looked a dive once the Lincoln player realised his first touch was a bit heavy and he had probably* lost the ball.

*It actually turned into a good pass to the teammate running behind him but not convinced he was aware of that hence the dive.

Pronouns: He/Him

Nsiala and the penalty on 16:36 - Nov 10 with 3029 viewsPilgrimblue

preferably with a left footed CB, can't believe PL has none in the squad!
Nsiala and the penalty on 18:40 - Nov 10 with 2931 viewspatrickswell

Nsiala and the penalty on 09:24 - Nov 10 by Abracadobra

He’s definitely Number 4 centre-back, but we need him game ready because I don’t have great faith that we’ll be going out in January and strengthening our backline.
Nsiala and the penalty on 20:21 - Nov 10 with 2833 viewsRomeo4

I thought it was a pen. Nsiala got into a bad body position. Was completely squared up and therefore made it easier for the attacker to either shift it past him or take the contact and go down.

That said I don’t think the criticism that Toto is getting is completely warranted. Agreed he looked out of sorts at Accrington. However of our central defenders he’s the best at attacking the ball in the air. If he’d played against Rotherham I don’t think their striker would have been half as effective as he was.
Nsiala and the penalty on 08:09 - Nov 11 with 2616 viewsitfcjoe

I covered my view on Blue Monday pod, have been critical of Nsiala over his time here for being so rash and clumsy - but this just wasn't for me.

Should have been a booking for a dive

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nsiala and the penalty on 08:42 - Nov 11 with 2556 viewspablovian

Nsiala is capable of being an excellent player. He was a player of the year in League One prior to signing for us, and was a tower of strength for us during the final six or seven games of last season. With Chambers approaching the end of his career, it would be huge for Town if Nsiala were to become a consistent performer. What would that take? I have no first-hand knowledge, but it seems to me that he is tentative when he lacks confidence, and that in any interaction that he has with a smaller opposing player, some referees have a visceral reaction that a mugging has occurred. (One of the red cards that Nsiala received was reversed on appeal; another one that was not appealed, was widely acknowledged to be completely unjustified; and a suspiciously high fraction of dives by opposing players have been rewarded with penalties.)

I hope that the football league will work to ensure that decisions made by referees are not influenced by any inadvertent biases; that like Flynn Downes, Nsiala can benefit from the services of a sports psychologist; and that Nsiala will be encouraged and supported, rather than criticized and rubbished, by fans. In that case the club could well benefit for five or more years from the services of a dominating defender.
Totally agree... on 09:22 - Nov 11 with 2476 viewsunstableblue

Nsiala and the penalty on 08:09 - Nov 11 by itfcjoe

I covered my view on Blue Monday pod, have been critical of Nsiala over his time here for being so rash and clumsy - but this just wasn't for me.

Should have been a booking for a dive

Toto just stood his ground, didn’t expand his foot stance, and the striker mugged the ref by trailing his leg. Great that it was saved.

I do agree Toto has a tendency to be rash; but I do like elements of his game, including distribution.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024