Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 years since we last won an FA Cup match ... 14:51 - Nov 9 with 928 viewsNthsuffolkblue

or over 60 years since we last were not in the 3rd round. (EDITED as had wrong info to start with)

Either way, the competition is not what it once was.

Even if we get through this tie, we will put a weakened team out in the second round despite the fact the 3rd round is an opportunity to possibly get Premier League opposition. I get why the league matters much more and I can't complain about PL's rotation if it is keeping us top of the league. However, it is a shame we can't give the FA Cup some respect.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 15:20]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

10 years since we last won an FA Cup match ... on 14:58 - Nov 9 with 904 viewsActionMan

We don't compete anymore, we couldn't compete in the Championship so gave up and cut the budget, we've not won in the FA Cup for a decade, highlights include being smashed by Chelsea and Manure. We're a bit of a joke aren't we? Glad I stayed home, if the Club doesn't care I won't.
10 years since we last won an FA Cup match ... on 15:02 - Nov 9 with 886 viewsNthsuffolkblue

10 years since we last won an FA Cup match ... on 14:58 - Nov 9 by ActionMan

We don't compete anymore, we couldn't compete in the Championship so gave up and cut the budget, we've not won in the FA Cup for a decade, highlights include being smashed by Chelsea and Manure. We're a bit of a joke aren't we? Glad I stayed home, if the Club doesn't care I won't.

Can't agree entirely with that and if you feel like that you can't really support the team anymore can you?

However, your last statement is true for the cups. As soon as ticket prices were announced it was clear how we were approaching it so had no desire to go.

We certainly are not a joke. Most other clubs do the same. Name me a club that has spent 10+ years in the Championship and then got promoted without going down first. Name me a team at Championship level or above that does not make 8+ changes for every cup match in the early rounds at least. It is more a comment on football than us as a club.

10 years since we last won an FA Cup match ... on 15:05 - Nov 9 with 882 viewsPendejo

"28 years since we last were not in the 3rd round"

Are you saying we were not in the 3rd round in 1991?
https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/ipswich-town/1991/3/

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

10 years since we last won an FA Cup match ... on 15:12 - Nov 9 with 859 viewsNthsuffolkblue

10 years since we last won an FA Cup match ... on 15:05 - Nov 9 by Pendejo

"28 years since we last were not in the 3rd round"

Are you saying we were not in the 3rd round in 1991?
https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/ipswich-town/1991/3/

1990-91. I took that as January 1991 and made it 28 years ago. I take your point, though, it is nearly 29 years and will be a full 29 years once 3rd round day comes round this season. Call it 29 years if you prefer.

EDIT: It appears my info was incorrect though as I have just checked and see we lost to Southampton in the third round that season. When was the last time we didn't play in the 3rd round? SECOND EDIT: 1956-57 unless I have still got bum info.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 15:18]

10 years since we last won an FA Cup match ... on 15:18 - Nov 9 with 847 viewsTrumptonBlue

10 years since we last won an FA Cup match ... on 15:12 - Nov 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

1990-91. I took that as January 1991 and made it 28 years ago. I take your point, though, it is nearly 29 years and will be a full 29 years once 3rd round day comes round this season. Call it 29 years if you prefer.

EDIT: It appears my info was incorrect though as I have just checked and see we lost to Southampton in the third round that season. When was the last time we didn't play in the 3rd round? SECOND EDIT: 1956-57 unless I have still got bum info.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 15:18]

Well, it'll be 62 years ago, same as the last time we were in Division 3.

Edit - Actually 55/56, when we lost to Peterborough in Round 1.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 15:21]
10 years since we last won an FA Cup match ... on 15:21 - Nov 9 with 830 viewsNthsuffolkblue

10 years since we last won an FA Cup match ... on 15:18 - Nov 9 by TrumptonBlue

Well, it'll be 62 years ago, same as the last time we were in Division 3.

Edit - Actually 55/56, when we lost to Peterborough in Round 1.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 15:21]

Thanks, I should have realised we were in the third round in 1991. I can't recall us not being in it and I can recall 1991!

EDIT: And, yes my 56-7 is wrong as I have now found we won through to the third round that season.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 15:26]

10 years since we last won an FA Cup match ... on 16:17 - Nov 9 with 767 viewsActionMan

10 years since we last won an FA Cup match ... on 15:02 - Nov 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Can't agree entirely with that and if you feel like that you can't really support the team anymore can you?

However, your last statement is true for the cups. As soon as ticket prices were announced it was clear how we were approaching it so had no desire to go.

We certainly are not a joke. Most other clubs do the same. Name me a club that has spent 10+ years in the Championship and then got promoted without going down first. Name me a team at Championship level or above that does not make 8+ changes for every cup match in the early rounds at least. It is more a comment on football than us as a club.

We're a shambles of a club to be Frank. Just look at the mess we're in. Even if we go back up we'll go straight back down !!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024