Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match 20:52 - Nov 7 with 26441 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Have fully nicked this off Ipswich Fanzone twitter, but it had me laughing. So I decided to bring it to TWTD.

Home or Away game.. fire away

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 21:00 - Nov 7 with 11454 viewsfactual_blue

I remember somebody on here posting that they heard a regular shout of BREXIT!!! every time Bart fumbled the ball.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 05:32 - Nov 8 with 11163 viewsWacko

v Sunderland.

PA: "Would Harry Smith go to the ticket office, as he has his friend's ticket"

The entire stadium: "Harry Smith, what a w*nker, what a w*nker"

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 06:46 - Nov 8 with 11073 viewsbluelagos

V Brizzle City mid to late 80s.

They had a forward called Bobby Taylor. They were losing and when he came on, they were very happy showing encouraging him with a loud rendition of "Super, super Bob....super Bobby Taylor"

Few minutes in and he took one right in the privates. He was laid out flat with the magic sponge being applied to his gonads, clearly in agony when the North stand gave a rendition of "Super, super bob...Bobby's got no bol1ocks"

Quickly followed by "Stayed in the dugout..."

Fgger still got the equaliser.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 06:55 - Nov 8 with 11046 viewsmonytowbray

There’s a bloke near me in S5 who shouted OHHHH SAUSAGE FOOT at an opposition goal kick once.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 09:27 - Nov 8 with 10843 viewsSamWhiteUK

Home game years back, Rob Earnshaw playing against us, usual chants of "Earnshaw's an alien"

He scores, guy a couple of rows in front looks THOROUGHLY p*ssed off

Starts up on his own when it goes quiet, "you're still an alien"
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 09:45 - Nov 8 with 10803 viewscarlisleaway

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 09:27 - Nov 8 by SamWhiteUK

Home game years back, Rob Earnshaw playing against us, usual chants of "Earnshaw's an alien"

He scores, guy a couple of rows in front looks THOROUGHLY p*ssed off

Starts up on his own when it goes quiet, "you're still an alien"

Remember the song sung by the North when Jason Dozzell returned to Portman Road with Spurs, shall we just say it ruined his day and we won 3-0 in the FA Cup. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 09:57 - Nov 8 with 10786 viewsMedwayTractor

Here's a couple from years ago:

One: Ted Phillips was hit in the groin from close range. In those days, the trainer's equipment was little more than a bucket of cold water and a sponge. Jimmy Forsyth (for it was he) came sprinting on to the pitch, bucket swinging and water going everywhere. When he reached the poor unfortunate doubled-up Ted, Jimmy grabbed the front of Ted's shorts and stuffed the cold, dripping sponge into the shorts, in the approximate location of Ted's injured wedding tackle and attempted a massage. The instant response from the crowd was "Don't rub 'em, count 'em"

Two: Not a shout from the crowd, but had everybody (except one man) in stitches. It is from one of those balmy Saturday afternoons in the early weeks of the season and a Tannoy announcement went something like this: "Will Mr ........ of ........ please go to the ..... car park, where his ice cream kiosk is on fire."

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 10:05 - Nov 8 with 10742 viewsclive_baker

Not overly funny if you weren't there but one that's often repeated amongst my mates, especially when watching games and the referee makes a dubious call. I think it was amplified by the really strong Suffolk accent, relatively old boy in the North stand a number of years back stood up near us when a decision went the other way and shouted "REFEREE, YOU'RE A F**ING LIZARD".

Lizard!

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 10:35 - Nov 8 with 10689 viewsSamWhiteUK

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 10:05 - Nov 8 by clive_baker

Not overly funny if you weren't there but one that's often repeated amongst my mates, especially when watching games and the referee makes a dubious call. I think it was amplified by the really strong Suffolk accent, relatively old boy in the North stand a number of years back stood up near us when a decision went the other way and shouted "REFEREE, YOU'RE A F**ING LIZARD".

Lizard!

You've just reminded me of another one.

This kid was yelling "the referee's a w*nker" throughout the whole game. A steward came and told him, if you don't shut up, you're going to be removed.

Next bad call, the kid shouts "The referee's a wwwwwwwwwwwIZARD", hanging on to the 'w' to keep people in suspense and then blurting out IZARD!

He got removed. We all chanted "cheerio, cheerio..." as he went, and he smiled and waved back
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 10:38 - Nov 8 with 10675 viewschicoazul

"Don't pass it to Deehan he'll swallow it"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 11:13 - Nov 8 with 10600 viewsmonytowbray

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 10:35 - Nov 8 by SamWhiteUK

This kid was yelling "the referee's a w*nker" throughout the whole game. A steward came and told him, if you don't shut up, you're going to be removed.

Next bad call, the kid shouts "The referee's a wwwwwwwwwwwIZARD", hanging on to the 'w' to keep people in suspense and then blurting out IZARD!

He got removed. We all chanted "cheerio, cheerio..." as he went, and he smiled and waved back

This is glorious.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 11:18 - Nov 8 with 10592 viewssolemio

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 10:35 - Nov 8 by SamWhiteUK

I bet he went on to do well in life. At which gaol is he currently residing?
Or for which constituency is he currently a candidate?
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 11:37 - Nov 8 with 10563 viewsWickets

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 05:32 - Nov 8 by Wacko

v Sunderland.

PA: "Would Harry Smith go to the ticket office, as he has his friend's ticket"

The entire stadium: "Harry Smith, what a w*nker, what a w*nker"

Yes V Sunderland in the Premier league , shortly before Titus scored . I remember it well .
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:04 - Nov 8 with 10517 viewsBlue_Order

At the derby once, some fella in the North Stand kept screaming “ROBERT” at Rob Green over and over until he finally turned around.

Fella then shouted at him “I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE, YOU PRICK. I READ YOUR GAS METER”
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:06 - Nov 8 with 10507 viewshatch

Not so much funniest thing I've heard shouted but season before last some guy near us shouted 'Referee! You c**t!'.

A kid with his Dad nearby said "The referee can't what, Dad?" What can't the referee do?"
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:14 - Nov 8 with 10469 viewsjontysnut

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:06 - Nov 8 by hatch

Not so much funniest thing I've heard shouted but season before last some guy near us shouted 'Referee! You c**t!'.

A kid with his Dad nearby said "The referee can't what, Dad?" What can't the referee do?"

years ago a bloke shouted ' you snot gobbling c**t' at a player, a term of abuse I still deploy to this day..

I still laugh at my dad shouting WINDY! anytime someone skies the ball
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:16 - Nov 8 with 10458 viewsSlambo

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 06:55 - Nov 8 by monytowbray

There’s a bloke near me in S5 who shouted OHHHH SAUSAGE FOOT at an opposition goal kick once.

I'll claim that one buh

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:17 - Nov 8 with 10460 viewsphilwhelansdegree

Not a Ipswich game, but Lowestoft Town had a player in the 90's called Lee Pike.
He committed a bad foul and as the referee got his notebook out to take his name, someone in the crowd shouted 'don't tell him Pike'.
One for the Dad's Army fans!
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:18 - Nov 8 with 10450 viewsReuser_is_God

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:14 - Nov 8 by jontysnut

years ago a bloke shouted ' you snot gobbling c**t' at a player, a term of abuse I still deploy to this day..

I still laugh at my dad shouting WINDY! anytime someone skies the ball

Closer to the station!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:22 - Nov 8 with 10427 viewsmrshallisfit

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:16 - Nov 8 by Slambo

I'll claim that one buh

I have felt guilty about this every since but I once shouted out "Harpoon the b#stard" to a very portly majoreete girl performing at half-time.
Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:23 - Nov 8 with 10428 viewsReuser_is_God

Last season I told Costel Pantillimon to clean my car.

Shoot me.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:23 - Nov 8 with 10426 viewsBLUEBEAT

My brother shouted “SAUSAGE LEGS” at Ian Marshall.

He did turn around to see who shouted it or indeed to see if it was directed at him.

Poll: W or W

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:24 - Nov 8 with 10420 viewsBLUEBEAT

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 06:55 - Nov 8 by monytowbray

Amazing. I had a sausage story too.

Poll: W or W

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:40 - Nov 8 with 10374 viewsSuperblue95

I always laugh when I think of the time we thrashed Sheff Weds on the opening game of the season (07/08?) and loads of people started chanting “4-0 and your house is wet” because there was bad floods in Yorkshire at the time.

Another mildly funny one was home to Wednesday again a few years later and Keiran Westwood got injured. When it was announced he was due to be replaced by Adam Wildsmith the whole North Stand seemed to turn to the person next to them and say “who?” About 5 seconds later as he ran towards his goal it broke into a chant of “who the f*cking hell are you?”

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Funniest thing you have heard shouted at an Ipswich Match on 12:59 - Nov 8 with 10312 viewsDBaldy

When we played Newcastle in the Prem there was an opera singer who performed at half time.

When they finished, the Geordies immediately shouted "you're not singing any more". Factually correct and funny at the same time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024