Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People who use their phone to pay on the underground 18:58 - Nov 6 with 875 viewsCoastalblue

are the new version of old ladies sorting through their purse looking for exact change at the till.

I don't use my phone this way, but is it really not possible to have it prepared before you're stood in front of the barrier with 150 peoploe waiting behind you?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

People who use their phone to pay on the underground on 19:02 - Nov 6 with 848 viewsPendejo

Same as Oyster / contactless.

My wife infuriates me rooting thru her bag to find her card approaching the barrier, whereas I've got it in my hand long before the barrier.

Most people I've seen use their phone are able to do so quicker than my wife can find her card.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

People who use their phone to pay on the underground on 19:05 - Nov 6 with 839 viewsfooters

Very true. It seems to take an age for it to work, especially in subterranean areas of the tube, of which there are many.

But there are also those people who wait to get to the barrier before searching their wallet/purse for their card as if it's a complete surprise that this is going to happen.

#CommuterRage

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

People who use their phone to pay on the underground on 19:05 - Nov 6 with 840 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s people like you that put us provincial hillbillies off visiting London. Next time I’m going to pay in pennies, all buried away in various pockets and bags

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People who use their phone to pay on the underground on 19:07 - Nov 6 with 825 viewsfooters

People who use their phone to pay on the underground on 19:05 - Nov 6 by Swansea_Blue

It’s people like you that put us provincial hillbillies off visiting London. Next time I’m going to pay in pennies, all buried away in various pockets and bags

Won't the giant metal snakes frighten you enough?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

People who use their phone to pay on the underground on 19:07 - Nov 6 with 831 viewsIllinoisblue

reminds me of a couple years ago at an airport in California and a guy trying to scan his boarding pass that was on his Apple Watch. Took him at least six tries to get it to work.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

People who use their phone to pay on the underground on 19:08 - Nov 6 with 822 viewsdavblue

People who use their phone to pay on the underground on 19:05 - Nov 6 by footers

Very true. It seems to take an age for it to work, especially in subterranean areas of the tube, of which there are many.

But there are also those people who wait to get to the barrier before searching their wallet/purse for their card as if it's a complete surprise that this is going to happen.

#CommuterRage

Yeah very irritating I see this a lot when I’m going to work and it’s usually the same people who are on my train everytime.
People who use their phone to pay on the underground on 19:18 - Nov 6 with 798 viewsBloomBlue

Even more irritating for me is when you're queueing for a coffee and someone tries to use their phone to pay for a coffee and it doesn't work even after they've tried it 5 or 6 times. Then they stand and look the phone, 'stop looking at your furking phone it isnt going to make it work'. Then you have to wait for them to find a card to use, another 5 minutes while they search in their bag.
People who use their phone to pay on the underground on 19:42 - Nov 6 with 731 viewsPendejo

People who use their phone to pay on the underground on 19:18 - Nov 6 by BloomBlue

Even more irritating for me is when you're queueing for a coffee and someone tries to use their phone to pay for a coffee and it doesn't work even after they've tried it 5 or 6 times. Then they stand and look the phone, 'stop looking at your furking phone it isnt going to make it work'. Then you have to wait for them to find a card to use, another 5 minutes while they search in their bag.

At least their coffee has gone cold by then

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

People who use their phone to pay on the underground on 19:48 - Nov 6 with 729 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Oyster cards and bank contactless cards open the gate immediately.

The fools with the smartphones are the problem. When they work they are slow and they often have to be tried a few times. Going through the barrier should be by plastic card only. Using phones slows the whole thing down.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024