Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't really know what to make of that 22:21 - Nov 5 with 1563 viewsGarv

Favourite moment was the goal, followed closely by the moment Brenner called the opposition Bolton.

Rowe was the complete opposite player second half to first, passed forward, passed inside and not just back down the line. He's so left footed it's ridiculous.

Judge still underwhelmed, but he'll get more stick than he deserves. He put a couple of good crosses into the box first half that no one was on the end of. Did some good defending second half while getting a couple of half decent efforts on goal. He's a victim of expectation sadly.

Garbutt generally good, unlucky not to score.

Chambers superb again, headed basically everything and he's calm with the ball at his feet.

Edwards very mixed. Saw a lot of ball the whole game. He should do more going forward, and is suspect defensively because he's not very big and isn't a natural defender, but that's not his fault. I wouldn't be against Donacien playing if it's a back 4, but he's nowhere to be seen at the moment.

Nolan was relatively quiet but very effective. I don't think he did much wrong and recycles the ball really well.

Jackson will be frustrated after that. Watched on IFollow and every time he was out of shot and then came into shot he was basically sprinting. He really didn't get much service other than aimless punts forward. Having said that, Dozzell put a chance on a plate for him and he should have done better. A good stint anyway.

Dozzell showed what he was about in a 5-10 minute cameo. It helped that the game was winding down but he did exactly what you wanted him to, and created that chance.

As a team, we pass it around neatly in our own defence, but after that we really struggle. We look afraid to pass it forward. We play little triangles and then it just ends up going down the line, most of the time to no one. It was better second half when Rowe went left, but some of the football on show is so poor. We played better football last season. Is it the opposition not allowing us to play, more so than they will in the Championship? Quality of the pitches? I'd just like to see us play through the lines more, make an angle and demand the ball. Nolan is okay at this, but he and Skuse should do more, it's very predicable a lot of the time.

Moan over. Three points and back to the top of the table. What an odd season!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Don't really know what to make of that on 22:46 - Nov 5 with 1362 viewslambo77

Nice report, thanks
Don't really know what to make of that on 00:35 - Nov 6 with 1116 viewsITFCBlues

The pattern of play is a concern for me. I do wonder if PL has us playing like this knowing what it takes to get us out of this league and as a needs must. You'd hope that over time that process evolves, similar to what Mowbray is doing at Blackburn. Got them up and hard to beat and this season looking to be more expansive

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Don't really know what to make of that on 03:11 - Nov 6 with 1002 viewsharlingblue

Garv Do you think that ITFC has the best squad in the league, but a Manager that is better at reigniting the Club and Fanbase, rather than picking the best team? Donacien should be the automatic replacement at right back, is a particular quandary for me?
Don't really know what to make of that on 07:27 - Nov 6 with 765 viewslmfcblue

Rowe looked much better on the left side had the option of going in and outside his full back. He’s always going to cut in on the right side which is easy to defend.
With the style of play PL said the other day that he wants us to get the ball forward quickly in this league so the it’s going to be the way for the season.
Don't really know what to make of that on 07:34 - Nov 6 with 746 viewsSaleAway

I'd agree with most of that - I think the thing that possibly disappointed me most was Edwards lack of desire to get forward. Don't know if he felt shackled by the position, but he had a few opportunities to either run into space with the ball, or give an overlap - and tended to turn back to safety. Given his natural position, that was a surprise to me.

I felt overall it was a very controlled performance. As soon as we got the goal, we looked pretty comfortable - should probably have been more, but we passed the ball about pretty well, and given how little they offered apart from on the break - it was always going to be pretty cagey.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024