Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doing the Recycle 10:42 - Nov 4 with 7586 viewsOldsmoker

this morning at 7am and I happened upon the next door neighbour who was doing the same. I glanced at his black bin that contains the glass and it was chocker-block full of whiskey/vodka/wine bottles.
"Nice party?" I enquired, trying to engage in some smalltalk.
"Thats 6 weeks worth - I only put it out when it's full"
I smiled.
"I'm not a piss-head"
"How's the wife?" changing the subject.
"Neither is she"
Sheesh - some people really are grouchy in the morning (especially if they've had a few the night before).

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Doing the Recycle on 10:44 - Nov 4 with 6699 viewsartsbossbeard

Stop the press:

You can put bottles in your bins? Which Utopian heaven is this and what are the house prices like?

*looks at plastic bag full of bottles that I need to take to the bottle bank today*.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Doing the Recycle on 10:46 - Nov 4 with 6682 viewsfooters

Stop snooping at my bin then, you nosy git.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Doing the Recycle on 10:52 - Nov 4 with 6631 viewsnoggin

Busy c##t

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Doing the Recycle on 10:55 - Nov 4 with 6624 viewsSarge

Doing the Recycle on 10:44 - Nov 4 by artsbossbeard

Stop the press:

You can put bottles in your bins? Which Utopian heaven is this and what are the house prices like?

*looks at plastic bag full of bottles that I need to take to the bottle bank today*.

I have such a privilege in Surrey but it’s countered by the fact I don’t get a brown bin by default, it’s an obnoxiously expensive place to live full of obnoxiously expensive people doing the school run to St Josepheniah’s in Range Rover Evoque’s and there is absolutely nothing to do in the whole county. Give me Ipswich any day, but at least I don’t have to go to a bottle bank I suppose.
Doing the Recycle on 11:00 - Nov 4 with 6595 viewsartsbossbeard

Doing the Recycle on 10:55 - Nov 4 by Sarge

I have such a privilege in Surrey but it’s countered by the fact I don’t get a brown bin by default, it’s an obnoxiously expensive place to live full of obnoxiously expensive people doing the school run to St Josepheniah’s in Range Rover Evoque’s and there is absolutely nothing to do in the whole county. Give me Ipswich any day, but at least I don’t have to go to a bottle bank I suppose.

I worked for a company with an HO in Weybridge and I wholeheartedly concur.

Soulless. Rugby loving.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Doing the Recycle on 11:05 - Nov 4 with 6561 viewsOldsmoker

Stop the press:

Sorry for the confusion ABB - I wasn't referring to the black wheelie bin.

We have
1) a slimmed-down black wheelie bin for general rubbish with a sticker on it saying "No Food".
2) a brown food bin for food waste.
3) a green box for plastic/cardboard/tins/batteries/milk cartons etc.
4) a black box for glass
5) a green wheelie bin for garden waste.
The reason for all this is that BCC covers an urban area - we have no landfill site within the Bristol boundary. We have to pay North Somerset to use their landfill which means we also get fined by the EU for every tonne of waste because we are "exporting" it outside of our area. The less that goes into the black wheelie bin the better. The green garden waste bin and the brown food-waste bin contents go to the composting site.

Doing the Recycle on 11:06 - Nov 4 with 6556 viewsallezlesbleus

We regularly take our recycling to the bottle bank in the local village.

A few months ago, my wife's family were visiting us from Australia and South Africa, for her 50th. Two of my sister in laws were emptying a couple of black bins into the bottle bank and the local neighbourhood cleaner / caretaker / handyman came up and started chatting to them. We live in France and my sil's don't speak any French, so after he realised that they didn't speak French, he took one look at all the bottles and said "Aah, Mme AllezLesBleus"!
Doing the Recycle on 11:12 - Nov 4 with 6528 viewsSteve_M

Stop the press:

Yes, standard in London too. Always have to remember it isn't when I'm back at my parents.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Doing the Recycle on 11:18 - Nov 4 with 6506 viewsartsbossbeard

Doing the Recycle on 11:12 - Nov 4 by Steve_M

Yes, standard in London too. Always have to remember it isn't when I'm back at my parents.

I'm not much of the home drinker but wine bottles accumulate after a while. On my last bottle bank run about 6wks back, I decided to drop them off at a bottle bank near the gym I use prior to an 8:55am Saturday morning spin class.

I was merrily chucking bottles in when a nearby neighbour, quite rightly, asked if I wouldn't mind doing this later in the day. That was the gist of his shout but it did include some added sweary words.

Doing the Recycle on 11:25 - Nov 4 with 6466 viewsKievthegreat

Stop the press:

Where I live, I can put glass in a recycling, I have just one recycling bin so no faffing with sorting AND I get weekly collections.
Doing the Recycle on 11:34 - Nov 4 with 6433 viewsartsbossbeard

Doing the Recycle on 11:25 - Nov 4 by Kievthegreat

Where I live, I can put glass in a recycling, I have just one recycling bin so no faffing with sorting AND I get weekly collections.

Gah!

Doing the Recycle on 11:37 - Nov 4 with 6421 viewsBarneycurley

Doing the Recycle on 11:18 - Nov 4 by artsbossbeard

I'm not much of the home drinker but wine bottles accumulate after a while. On my last bottle bank run about 6wks back, I decided to drop them off at a bottle bank near the gym I use prior to an 8:55am Saturday morning spin class.

I was merrily chucking bottles in when a nearby neighbour, quite rightly, asked if I wouldn't mind doing this later in the day. That was the gist of his shout but it did include some added sweary words.

Spin class wa nker

😉

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Doing the Recycle on 11:37 - Nov 4 with 6423 viewsBlue_Order

If my neighbours ever tried to engage me with small talk like that, I’d have to move house immediately.
Doing the Recycle on 11:40 - Nov 4 with 6398 viewsartsbossbeard

Doing the Recycle on 11:37 - Nov 4 by Barneycurley

Spin class wa nker

😉

Ha!

Lunch time one today too.

The joys of working from home!

Doing the Recycle on 11:44 - Nov 4 with 6377 viewsNotMarcusEvans

This was an informative thread about what you can/can't put in your green/brown bin.

In our household we also have weekly collections for mixed recycling (including glass). But of course the best thing you can do for the environment is to reduce consumption.

I also see that supermarkets are now offering recycle in-store services (bins) so that you can perform a task they should be doing at the packing stage but haven't got round to yet. What's so difficult about selling individual apples and the like I have no clue. Best to go to the greengrocer.

No Wood by wkj 5 Jun 2019 9:27
I was having a chat with the person who tends the various patches of common land this morning and he reckons you're allowed no wood in the gardening waste wheelie bin. Bit rubbish isn't it if you can't put limbs and the sort in the brown bin?

Doing the Recycle on 11:51 - Nov 4 with 6338 viewsOldsmoker

Doing the Recycle on 11:25 - Nov 4 by Kievthegreat

Well get you with your one recycling bin.
The Recycling Nazi Squad fines householders if they put stuff in the wrong recycle box.
An OAP lady was so scared of the RNS that she didn't want to recycle so a local councillor when on local TV news to assure her all was OK and just to stick EVERYTHING in the wheelie bin. The next night another councillor came on the same TV news program and said for gods sake DO NOT put everything in the wheelie bin and please, please, pretty please recycle as much as you can.
I think it's the black uniform that attracts people to work for the RNS.

Doing the Recycle on 12:02 - Nov 4 with 6309 viewsWD19

Bloke opposite me used to hide a full bottle in his recycling and pop out to it several times a day.

Fortunately seems reformed these days........or maybe his wife just lets him drink in the house now.
Doing the Recycle on 12:25 - Nov 4 with 6266 viewsBluespeed225

Doing the Recycle on 11:44 - Nov 4 by NotMarcusEvans

This was an informative thread about what you can/can't put in your green/brown bin.

In our household we also have weekly collections for mixed recycling (including glass). But of course the best thing you can do for the environment is to reduce consumption.

I also see that supermarkets are now offering recycle in-store services (bins) so that you can perform a task they should be doing at the packing stage but haven't got round to yet. What's so difficult about selling individual apples and the like I have no clue. Best to go to the greengrocer.

I was having a chat with the person who tends the various patches of common land this morning and he reckons you're allowed no wood in the gardening waste wheelie bin. Bit rubbish isn't it if you can't put limbs and the sort in the brown bin?

Yup, IBC have a ‘no wood’ policy for the garden waste. First week of the change I was chainsaw’ing some logs. Off cuts fine in the bin, but the sawdust was a no-no! I got a lovely sticker on top of the bin telling me this, but, tbf, they did take it that week.
Doing the Recycle on 12:40 - Nov 4 with 6205 viewsjeera

There's nothing much worse than being 'caught' by someone you know at a bottle bank.

The paranoia is already there when you pull up, get out the car with that shifty quick scan to see who's about, then just as you're in full swing some fecker shows up like the shopkeeper from Mr Ben.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Doing the Recycle on 13:30 - Nov 4 with 6091 viewssotd78

Doing the Recycle on 11:44 - Nov 4 by NotMarcusEvans

Have you watched anyone shop loose fruit and veg recently in a supermarket?
Recently in Sainsbury's. This woman came up and literally squeezed a dozen Avocado fruit. Then picked up and bought the thirteenth one as it had some give. It would have been cruel of me to say she picked up the one that twelve other shoppers had already squeezed.

I'll not buy any loose fruit and veg - you don't know where's its been, who's mauled it, or what lies beneath the skin.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Doing the Recycle on 13:36 - Nov 4 with 6076 viewsElephantintheRoom

Ahem - you and your neighbour were not 'doing the recycle'...you were putting your rubbish out to be collected. Those east Europeans slaving on a minimum wage (if they are lucky) at the local recycling centre are 'doing the recycle'

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Doing the Recycle on 13:39 - Nov 4 with 6052 viewschicoazul

Doing the Recycle on 13:30 - Nov 4 by sotd78

Recently in Sainsbury's. This woman came up and literally squeezed a dozen Avocado fruit. Then picked up and bought the thirteenth one as it had some give. It would have been cruel of me to say she picked up the one that twelve other shoppers had already squeezed.

I'll not buy any loose fruit and veg - you don't know where's its been, who's mauled it, or what lies beneath the skin.

My friend, do you know how the onions and peppers you buy get in those little plastic bags in the first place?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Doing the Recycle on 14:01 - Nov 4 with 6021 viewsIllinoisblue

Doing the Recycle on 13:36 - Nov 4 by ElephantintheRoom

Ahem - you and your neighbour were not 'doing the recycle'...you were putting your rubbish out to be collected. Those east Europeans slaving on a minimum wage (if they are lucky) at the local recycling centre are 'doing the recycle'

Ben Elton has joined the board

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Doing the Recycle on 14:09 - Nov 4 with 6001 viewsfooters

Doing the Recycle on 13:30 - Nov 4 by sotd78

It's a good thing most fruit and veg have an outer skin or peel, and most people have the ability to wash them once safely returned home. Touching produce first is very, very common in most European markets, where shoppers take their produce seriously.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Doing the Recycle on 14:22 - Nov 4 with 5960 viewsnoggin

Doing the Recycle on 14:09 - Nov 4 by footers

It's a good thing most fruit and veg have an outer skin or peel, and most people have the ability to wash them once safely returned home. Touching produce first is very, very common in most European markets, where shoppers take their produce seriously.

Bloody foreigners. Get over it, you lost.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024