Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Fracking Hell 01:05 - Nov 2 with 5570 viewsOldsmoker

is over. The government have accepted the science and banned fracking - sort of. The door is still open if the Fracking companies can come up with the science that says its safe and won't cause earth tremors but that is unlikely to happen.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/fracking-suspension-earthquake-cu

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The Fracking Hell on 02:50 - Nov 2 with 4908 viewswkj

About time, simply put

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Fracking Hell on 08:41 - Nov 2 with 4804 viewsGuthrum

Economics plays a part, too. The price of oil did not rise enough to support the high cost of extraction. Partly because Opec and the other traditional producers were determined not to let it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Fracking Hell on 09:32 - Nov 2 with 4767 viewsOldsmoker

The Fracking Hell on 08:41 - Nov 2 by Guthrum

Economics plays a part, too. The price of oil did not rise enough to support the high cost of extraction. Partly because Opec and the other traditional producers were determined not to let it.

When the article hit the newspapers about 1am no-one had thrown their tuppence worth in. There now seems to be a storyline that goes that Johnson is trying to show he has concern for the Climate and Environment in order to woo the Greta folllowers. Once the election is over and the fracking lobbyists know who to woo they'll be back to their usual arm-twisting and convince the new regime that the science is there to support Fracking again.
I think that storyline has some merit.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The Fracking Hell on 09:51 - Nov 2 with 4744 viewsSteve_M

Hmmm, and after the election?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Fracking Hell on 10:01 - Nov 2 with 4719 viewsbournemouthblue

The Fracking Hell on 09:32 - Nov 2 by Oldsmoker

When the article hit the newspapers about 1am no-one had thrown their tuppence worth in. There now seems to be a storyline that goes that Johnson is trying to show he has concern for the Climate and Environment in order to woo the Greta folllowers. Once the election is over and the fracking lobbyists know who to woo they'll be back to their usual arm-twisting and convince the new regime that the science is there to support Fracking again.

Well indeed, trusting the Tories on the environment over profiteering is always naive

They are always going to be the least Green Party, it boils down to their fundamental make up

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Fracking Hell on 11:21 - Nov 2 with 4681 viewsfactual_blue

Translation: 'there are too many tory marginal seats in fracking areas'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Fracking Hell on 11:24 - Nov 2 with 4677 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"that is unlikely to happen" … until they have paid a group of "scientists" sufficient money to carry out a biased experiment to show it is not causing the tremors after all.

The science looks pretty clear to me but you can always find some group with qualifications that can manipulate studies and data to come to the conclusion they want if they try hard enough.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The Fracking Hell on 11:35 - Nov 2 with 4663 viewsElephantintheRoom

1. There is an election on the way and BJ is shamelessly electioneering. Expect the decision to be promptly reversed if the tories fool enough people like you - and a dollop of cash changes hands

2. If you have gas central heating you'll be using fracked gas from the USA

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

The Fracking Hell on 11:52 - Nov 2 with 4652 viewsbournemouthblue

The Fracking Hell on 11:24 - Nov 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

"that is unlikely to happen" … until they have paid a group of "scientists" sufficient money to carry out a biased experiment to show it is not causing the tremors after all.

The science looks pretty clear to me but you can always find some group with qualifications that can manipulate studies and data to come to the conclusion they want if they try hard enough.

I think ultimately we're too small a nation with too high a population density to be doing it

The US does it but is significantly larger than us, some states are the size of countries but only have populations of a large cities. It's far easier to do without upsetting people

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Fracking Hell on 11:57 - Nov 2 with 4639 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The Fracking Hell on 11:52 - Nov 2 by bournemouthblue

I think ultimately we're too small a nation with too high a population density to be doing it

The US does it but is significantly larger than us, some states are the size of countries but only have populations of a large cities. It's far easier to do without upsetting people

I think it is as much a problem in the US as here.

Once out of the EU and in the US's pocket US companies will be insistent on being able to exploit the gas in England as well.

Erin Brokovich does a lot to highlight the issues over there.

The Fracking Hell on 12:48 - Nov 2 with 4608 viewsjaykay

the liar boris is very busy on other green matters at the moment.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The Fracking Hell on 14:51 - Nov 2 with 4542 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The Fracking Hell on 12:48 - Nov 2 by jaykay

the liar boris is very busy on other green matters at the moment.

Likes to promise to lie down doesn't he?

Perhaps he needs Rees-Mogg to teach him how to do so.

The Fracking Hell on 20:07 - Nov 3 with 4389 viewsBluesquid

Ooooooh so there's now a ban in place is there?

lol, the Tories don't care about bans, court orders or legal vows!

"Tory minister admits approving illegal arms sales to Saudi Arabia again and says 'more cases could come to light'

The government has again admitted breaching a court order banning arms sales to Saudi Arabia over concerns they could be used in the Yemen war.

The government made a legal vow to freeze new arms licenses to Saudi Arabia in June after the Court of Appeal ruled it was unlawful for the UK to licence weapon exports without assessing whether the Saudi-led coalition had broken international law."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/liz-truss-saudi-arabia-arms-sales
The Fracking Hell on 08:50 - Nov 4 with 4254 viewsNo9

It would never have started in the first place had it not been for the multitude of tory MP's & Lords pushing for it to get taxpayer subsidies
The Fracking Hell on 09:21 - Nov 4 with 4235 viewschicoazul

The Fracking Hell on 09:51 - Nov 2 by Steve_M

Hmmm, and after the election?

You seem to know a lot about these things Stevie. How are we going to heat our homes and power our country in ten years' time with all these emissions targets and several nuke plants closing?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Fracking Hell on 09:24 - Nov 4 with 4225 viewsusm

Hahaha

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

The Fracking Hell on 09:31 - Nov 4 with 4220 viewsMeadowlark

The Fracking Hell on 09:21 - Nov 4 by chicoazul

You seem to know a lot about these things Stevie. How are we going to heat our homes and power our country in ten years' time with all these emissions targets and several nuke plants closing?

We're going to let China and France take over nuclear power production.
We're going to allow BP to drill for more oil, especially in the polar regions, as long as they promise not to cause any problems.
We're going to carry on as usual, petty much. As long as our homes are cozy and we can watch television who cares anyway?
The Fracking Hell on 09:32 - Nov 4 with 4218 viewsStokieBlue

The right decision over the long term and obviously good for the local community who are against it but it's worth pointing out that there are still 25,000,000 gas boilers in the UK which need gas.

We are essentially offshoring our carbon footprint and environmental issues for a price. There is a little bit of nimbism involved - it's fine for the gas to be extracted and used as long as it's in someone else back yard.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Fracking Hell on 12:50 - Nov 4 with 4143 viewsStokieBlue

Probably also worth highlighting that the first deep coal mine for decades is opening in Cumbria:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-50274212

Surely this should be facing the same robust responses as fracking if the argument is a climate change based one.

SB

The Fracking Hell on 12:55 - Nov 4 with 4134 viewschicoazul

The Fracking Hell on 12:50 - Nov 4 by StokieBlue

Probably also worth highlighting that the first deep coal mine for decades is opening in Cumbria:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-50274212

Surely this should be facing the same robust responses as fracking if the argument is a climate change based one.

SB

Given all the coal plants opening in China Japan and India it is totally ridiculous to think us opening or re-opening any many or loads will make a jot of difference to the world's climate.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

The Fracking Hell on 12:59 - Nov 4 with 4126 viewsStokieBlue

The Fracking Hell on 12:55 - Nov 4 by chicoazul

Given all the coal plants opening in China Japan and India it is totally ridiculous to think us opening or re-opening any many or loads will make a jot of difference to the world's climate.

Totally missing the point. If someone jumps of the Orwell bridge do you do it as well?

Furthermore, one of the cases against fracking was climate based - the same should be said about this but I don't remember seeing anything about it anywhere until I read that today.

SB

The Fracking Hell on 13:00 - Nov 4 with 4122 viewschicoazul

The Fracking Hell on 12:59 - Nov 4 by StokieBlue

Totally missing the point. If someone jumps of the Orwell bridge do you do it as well?

Furthermore, one of the cases against fracking was climate based - the same should be said about this but I don't remember seeing anything about it anywhere until I read that today.

SB

What's the climate case against opening that coal mine then?

The Fracking Hell on 13:01 - Nov 4 with 4123 viewsitfcjoe

The Fracking Hell on 12:59 - Nov 4 by StokieBlue

SB

"If someone jumps of the Orwell bridge do you do it as well?"

So it wasn't just my Mum that always used to say this when I was younger?!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Fracking Hell on 13:06 - Nov 4 with 4110 viewsStokieBlue

The Fracking Hell on 13:00 - Nov 4 by chicoazul

What's the climate case against opening that coal mine then?

Having a bad lunch today? Strange posts on two threads.

This one doesn't even deserve a proper response.

SB

The Fracking Hell on 13:11 - Nov 4 with 4102 viewschicoazul

The Fracking Hell on 13:06 - Nov 4 by StokieBlue

Having a bad lunch today? Strange posts on two threads.

This one doesn't even deserve a proper response.

SB

We're just talking, but ok.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024