Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! 13:13 - Oct 27 with 5270 viewsWallingford_Boy

Edwards can't defend.
Donacien hardly installs confidence.
Whether wingbacks or traditional full backs, not many options.

RIP Sir Bobby

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:18 - Oct 27 with 4825 viewsJ2BLUE

Is that confirmed?

If we can get through Rochdale we then have two cup games. I think people are unfair on Donacien. He's not great going forward but he's fine defensively IMO. Maybe play him at RB in a 442, keep it solid defensively and let Norwood, Jackson, Downes and the wide players try and get us a goal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:28 - Oct 27 with 4776 viewsGarv

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:18 - Oct 27 by J2BLUE

Is that confirmed?

If we can get through Rochdale we then have two cup games. I think people are unfair on Donacien. He's not great going forward but he's fine defensively IMO. Maybe play him at RB in a 442, keep it solid defensively and let Norwood, Jackson, Downes and the wide players try and get us a goal.

Correct.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:30 - Oct 27 with 4777 viewsSomethingBlue

Not sure anyone's confirmed that, have they, although it wouldn't be rocket science given he clearly has an ongoing issue. Fairly relaxed about it for now given we only play one league game in four weeks so it could be enough time to get him right again.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:35 - Oct 27 with 4746 viewsJakeITFC

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:18 - Oct 27 by J2BLUE

Is that confirmed?

Think the greater issue is that Lambert obviously doesn’t rate him at RB, can’t expect him to pick him there and everything to be ok.
So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:41 - Oct 27 with 4707 viewsJ2BLUE

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:35 - Oct 27 by JakeITFC

Think the greater issue is that Lambert obviously doesn’t rate him at RB, can’t expect him to pick him there and everything to be ok.

We don't have many other options. Skuse/Edwards/Chambers. Are they better options?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:50 - Oct 27 with 4681 viewsJakeITFC

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:41 - Oct 27 by J2BLUE

We don't have many other options. Skuse/Edwards/Chambers. Are they better options?

I think in a 442 Woolfenden is more likely to get a game there than Donacien.

Not a decision I particularly agree with - I think Donacien has been fine when played at full back.
So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:50 - Oct 27 with 4680 viewsWallingford_Boy

Is that confirmed?

Groins are a nightmare to sort and this is a recurrence, so just assuming it's going to be a bit more than a few weeks.

RIP Sir Bobby

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 14:02 - Oct 27 with 4621 viewsBluefish

Lambert very evidently has a problem with Donacien and would rather play a hopeless winger as a make shift full back. I think we will probably play Woolfy there when 442 and Edwards there if 532.

Maybe look at signing ward if KVY is going to be a long term absentee. Klug seemed to think that was his best position. Maybe crowe will be promoted up?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 14:04 - Oct 27 with 4601 viewsPJH

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:50 - Oct 27 by JakeITFC

Not a decision I particularly agree with - I think Donacien has been fine when played at full back.

I think that Donacien is ok defensively if he does things instinctively, it is when he has time to or has to think that problems can occur.He is no good going forwards though so should only in RB in a flat back four.
So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 16:46 - Oct 27 with 4334 viewsBlueBadger

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 14:02 - Oct 27 by Bluefish

Lambert very evidently has a problem with Donacien and would rather play a hopeless winger as a make shift full back. I think we will probably play Woolfy there when 442 and Edwards there if 532.

Maybe look at signing ward if KVY is going to be a long term absentee. Klug seemed to think that was his best position. Maybe crowe will be promoted up?

In all fairness though, Donacien IS rubbish.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 17:31 - Oct 27 with 4220 viewsTractorCam

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:41 - Oct 27 by J2BLUE

Wolf right back with Wilson centre back, that's what happened when he went off.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 22:18 - Oct 27 with 3909 viewsArnieM

Assuming we play a 442 , Woolfie did very well at right back when he moved into KVYs position . I think Woolfie was originally a right back anyway?!

I don’t think we have anyone capable of playing a wing back role like KVY. He’s a very special talent that we have acquired , and frankly I think we will struggle to hold onto him if we don’t get promoted at first attempt , along with other talents such as Downes, and Woolfie .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 22:23 - Oct 27 with 3896 viewsMrTown

Luke Woolfenden.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 02:32 - Oct 28 with 3769 viewsharlingblue

Is that confirmed?

Donacien should replace KVY (if injured) at right back, for some reason PL has something against the lad? He has always done well when selected as (a right back), and could do more as an attacker if coached to do so?
So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 07:00 - Oct 28 with 3671 viewswkj

I wonder what Darren Ambrose feels about coming back to the game and realising his true calling as RB

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 07:37 - Oct 28 with 3589 viewsKeaneish

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 13:50 - Oct 27 by JakeITFC

Not against Wimbledon he wasn't. He was atrocious. I'd be more comfortable with Wolfenden playing out there. Thought he looked very assured there Saturday and has always looked comfortable when being pulled out wide. Not sure what he's like going forward though.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 07:37 - Oct 28 with 3588 viewsmeekreech

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 02:32 - Oct 28 by harlingblue

Donacien should replace KVY (if injured) at right back, for some reason PL has something against the lad? He has always done well when selected as (a right back), and could do more as an attacker if coached to do so?

Donacien is absolute rubbish and should, like nsiala, be shipped out at the first opportunity! Neither of them should be allowed anywhere near the first team!

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 08:04 - Oct 28 with 3522 viewsChocorange

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 22:18 - Oct 27 by ArnieM

Assuming we play a 442 , Woolfie did very well at right back when he moved into KVYs position . I think Woolfie was originally a right back anyway?!

I don’t think we have anyone capable of playing a wing back role like KVY. He’s a very special talent that we have acquired , and frankly I think we will struggle to hold onto him if we don’t get promoted at first attempt , along with other talents such as Downes, and Woolfie .

Did KVY actually go off injured, he didn't look happy to be taken off and my reading of the situation was that Southend were starting to focus on that side of the penalty area and getting some joy from it, goalmouth scrambles , shots going wide.

Accrington also scored from overloading Edwards on that post... Do other teams see that area of our team as a weakness?
So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 08:07 - Oct 28 with 3517 viewsPJH

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 08:04 - Oct 28 by Chocorange

Did KVY actually go off injured, he didn't look happy to be taken off and my reading of the situation was that Southend were starting to focus on that side of the penalty area and getting some joy from it, goalmouth scrambles , shots going wide.

Accrington also scored from overloading Edwards on that post... Do other teams see that area of our team as a weakness?

He was injured and had been showing signs of needing to be replaced for a few minutes beforehand.
Norris was indicating to the bench that KVY needed to be subbed.
So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 08:23 - Oct 28 with 3480 viewsTerry_Nutkins

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 14:02 - Oct 27 by Bluefish

This is a lazy statement. Lambert doesn't have a problem.with Donacian at all. He just doesn't fit the way Lambert wants to play. Lambert wants dynamic full backs who can get us up the pitch and make a contribution offensively.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 08:25 - Oct 28 with 3474 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Would attempted to see if Geourgiou could play there. Not his side but I know from spurs fans he inquired rated as a full back and has good qualities for it. Would try him in a cup game rather than Rochdale though. Woolf for Rochdale.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 08:27 - Oct 28 with 3471 viewsBluefish

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 08:23 - Oct 28 by Terry_Nutkins

This is a lazy statement. Lambert doesn't have a problem.with Donacian at all. He just doesn't fit the way Lambert wants to play. Lambert wants dynamic full backs who can get us up the pitch and make a contribution offensively.

Don't be silly. I don't understand why some om here can't cope with any questioning or perceived criticism of Lambert, it really doesn't help his case. He knew Donacien from before and took him straight out of the team, he then loaned him out during his 1st season. When he came back and we needed a full back he said he see him as a centre half, when he needed a centre half because we were desperate he still didn't pick him. He now plays a poor winger instead of him at full back, he may not rate him but he also clearly has an issue with him.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 09:24 - Oct 28 with 3383 viewsrickw

When Donacien and Roberts were taken off at half time in the EFLT match against Gillingham I thought at the time that's the last we'll see of Donacien - he was playing wing back then (and looked like a centre back being asked to play on the wing!)

I think Lambert's written off Donacien and things would have to be pretty desperate for him to change his mind now...
I'm sure it'll be Woolfie at right back, or Edwards as a wing back.
I wouldn't mind seeing Skuse there as a test (he played a season at RB at Bristol) as that would allow us to stick with what I think is a more balanced midfield of Downes and Nolan/Huws

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 15:11 - Oct 28 with 3159 viewsBryanPlug

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 16:46 - Oct 27 by BlueBadger

In all fairness though, Donacien IS rubbish.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 15:25 - Oct 28 with 3132 viewsSamWhiteUK

So with KVY set for a spell on the sidelines, who to replace him?! on 09:24 - Oct 28 by rickw

When Donacien and Roberts were taken off at half time in the EFLT match against Gillingham I thought at the time that's the last we'll see of Donacien - he was playing wing back then (and looked like a centre back being asked to play on the wing!)

I think Lambert's written off Donacien and things would have to be pretty desperate for him to change his mind now...
I'm sure it'll be Woolfie at right back, or Edwards as a wing back.
I wouldn't mind seeing Skuse there as a test (he played a season at RB at Bristol) as that would allow us to stick with what I think is a more balanced midfield of Downes and Nolan/Huws

Anyone but Edwards. He can't defend to save his life

Can't really attack, either, unless he has 30 yards ahead of him to accommodate his first touch
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024