Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Catch 22 10:02 - Oct 25 with 1662 viewsGuthrum

Labour (and others) say they won't allow a General Election until they know the length of an Article 50 extension.

The French say they won't allow an extension until they know when an election will happen or there is a schedule for passing the Withdrawal Agreement.

Johnson says he'll pull the WA if he doesn't get his GE when he wants it.

Marvellous. And while they all play silly b*gger games, we are six days from a potential car crash.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Catch 22 on 10:06 - Oct 25 with 1630 viewsStokieBlue

I think the French are enjoying it - all the other members are fine with a long extension but French just being French. I am sure they will come round after they have made their point.

When that happens it's hard to see the case against a GE from a Labour perspective unless they truly think they will get heavily defeated.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Catch 22 on 10:09 - Oct 25 with 1621 viewsSwansea_Blue

In picture form for our Brexiteers*.

Only joking, we love you really

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Catch 22 on 10:12 - Oct 25 with 1606 viewsOldsmoker

It's a game of chicken - who blinks first.
Can the grown-ups please stand up and take charge.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Catch 22 on 10:23 - Oct 25 with 1594 viewshomer_123

Probably being a tad naive here but surely Labour (as a party) would simply accept the proposal put forward by Johnson and then campaign the election on the basis of a second ref - surely they'd get enough votes to win?

As an aside - did you hear Dianne Abbot on R4 this morning? Comedy Gold again.

"We don't trust Boris Johnson, we don't believe a word he says...." etc. etc.

Then when asked why Labour won't support the current offer from Johnson, she goes on to say:

"We want to hear more from Johnson confirming No Deal has been taken off the table."

So, Diane, on the one hand you don't believe a word of what he says but before Labour will move you want to hear 'more' from him. We wonder why we are in a fecking mess!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Catch 22 on 10:25 - Oct 25 with 1583 viewsZedRodgers

Catch 22 on 10:23 - Oct 25 by homer_123

Probably being a tad naive here but surely Labour (as a party) would simply accept the proposal put forward by Johnson and then campaign the election on the basis of a second ref - surely they'd get enough votes to win?

As an aside - did you hear Dianne Abbot on R4 this morning? Comedy Gold again.

"We don't trust Boris Johnson, we don't believe a word he says...." etc. etc.

Then when asked why Labour won't support the current offer from Johnson, she goes on to say:

"We want to hear more from Johnson confirming No Deal has been taken off the table."

So, Diane, on the one hand you don't believe a word of what he says but before Labour will move you want to hear 'more' from him. We wonder why we are in a fecking mess!

Diane Abbott ridicule/blame bingo

No, not at the moment

Catch 22 on 10:26 - Oct 25 with 1578 viewshomer_123

Catch 22 on 10:25 - Oct 25 by ZedRodgers

Oh don't be so touchy, she can't help herself. It was mind numbingly stupid of her.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Catch 22 on 11:57 - Oct 25 with 1481 viewsBasuco

Catch 22 on 10:06 - Oct 25 by StokieBlue

I think the French are enjoying it - all the other members are fine with a long extension but French just being French. I am sure they will come round after they have made their point.

When that happens it's hard to see the case against a GE from a Labour perspective unless they truly think they will get heavily defeated.

SB

Boris is desperate for an election to take place before Labour wake up to the fact that Jeremy Corbyn is the biggest asset the Conservative party has. Replace Corbyn and Labour will have a very good chance of winning the next election.
Catch 22 on 12:02 - Oct 25 with 1475 viewsGavTWTD

Catch 22 on 11:57 - Oct 25 by Basuco

Boris is desperate for an election to take place before Labour wake up to the fact that Jeremy Corbyn is the biggest asset the Conservative party has. Replace Corbyn and Labour will have a very good chance of winning the next election.

Corbyn will only go once he's had a GE.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

Catch 22 on 19:14 - Oct 25 with 1322 viewsjaykay

Catch 22 on 11:57 - Oct 25 by Basuco

there was me thinking labour done better than expected in the last general election was because of corbyn. most on here said it was going to be a landslide for the tories.
mind you the spin next day was labour would have won without him.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Catch 22 on 19:37 - Oct 25 with 1291 viewsRyorry

Catch 22 on 12:02 - Oct 25 by GavTWTD

Corbyn will only go once he's had a GE.

For a GE to be won by Labour while JC's at their helm will need him to turn 5 loaves and fishes into about 5 thousand voters swinging from the chandeliers in numerous constituencies ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Catch 22 on 20:37 - Oct 25 with 1226 viewsStokieBlue

Catch 22 on 10:25 - Oct 25 by ZedRodgers

Thoughts Zed?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/25/labour-jeremy-corbyn-party

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Catch 22 on 22:54 - Oct 25 with 1143 viewsDarth_Koont

Catch 22 on 20:37 - Oct 25 by StokieBlue

Thoughts Zed?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/25/labour-jeremy-corbyn-party

SB

Jonathan Freedland isn't exactly objective on Corbyn and one of the leading character assassins. It's ironic that he's telling Labour what to do when he's been one of the main smearers.

Would be nice for political columnists to address policies rather than the optics they themselves have created.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024