Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone seen this....? 18:44 - Oct 24 with 1468 viewsPendejo

Lack of logistical planning

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50166371

Reminds me of a Johnhoz story of one day being at / near Tottenham Court Road Station in London and a scouser came up to him / them at 14:50 asking where the Spurs ground was... and why wasn't there any fans around.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Anyone seen this....? on 19:28 - Oct 24 with 1403 viewsPJH

Saying that at Easter 1966 my mate and I saw ITFC win 4-1 at Leyton Orient in a morning kick off and we then went to see Spurs v West Ham and started by going to Tottenham Court Road and asking where the ground was.
We got to White Hart Lane in time for the kick off and West Ham won 4-1.

We were only 15 at the time though.
Anyone seen this....? on 19:38 - Oct 24 with 1390 viewsjeera

[When taxiing] I once picked up 3 men who'd just travelled over from Dubai for some important meeting and found themselves in the wrong Bury.

The one they wanted was just over an hour away, which wasn't the end of the world, but nonetheless.

If you're going all that way you'd kinda check first.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone seen this....? on 19:43 - Oct 24 with 1381 viewsPendejo

Anyone seen this....? on 19:28 - Oct 24 by PJH

Saying that at Easter 1966 my mate and I saw ITFC win 4-1 at Leyton Orient in a morning kick off and we then went to see Spurs v West Ham and started by going to Tottenham Court Road and asking where the ground was.

I would say there's more excuse for it in 1966 at 15 than in 2019 and adults... or even as 15* year olds with the wealth of information at the finger tips via the internet.

*not advocating 15 year olds go on overseas trips sans adults

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Anyone seen this....? on 20:40 - Oct 24 with 1331 viewsfactual_blue

Sort of reminds me of this story...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/the-day-oxbarn-fc-were-mistaken

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone seen this....? on 08:37 - Oct 25 with 1225 viewsStadiumofdark

Anyone seen this....? on 19:28 - Oct 24 by PJH

I think Rommy had the 4-1 double that day, innit
Anyone seen this....? on 10:02 - Oct 25 with 1198 viewsPinewoodblue

Some friends in a sixties band were playing at Whitby pavillion. Saw them in Whitby the next morning and asked how there B&B was.

They looked at each then one of them said "did you know there are two Whitby's, the other one is on the Wirral"

They ended up kn9cking on the door of a B&B at 2am, they were accomodated.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone seen this....? on 10:57 - Oct 25 with 1171 viewsSamWhiteUK

What about the snooker player at the end though? It's one thing to be a fan, but a whole 'nother thing to be supposedly playing in the damn game
Anyone seen this....? on 11:01 - Oct 25 with 1160 viewsartsbossbeard

I have 2 mates who decided that they wanted to watch the boat race live.

They drove to Cambridge and saw that nothing was going on so decided between them that the race was in Oxford that year. True story.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone seen this....? on 21:26 - Oct 25 with 1035 viewsMedwayTractor

There was a tale going round some years ago about a Chelsea fan who flew into Heathrow and asked a cabbie to take him to Stamford Bridge. The cabbie (as they all are now) wasn't from these shores, therefore didn't know much about our football clubs, so he punched Stamford Bridge into his satnav. It took him to the site of the 1066 Battle of Stamford Bridge.........in Yorkshire.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024