Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere improving idea 11:57 - Oct 24 with 1186 viewstonydinning

What if the various supporters' groups used their influence on the club to organise a trial match where you have an "over to you" period 10 minutes before the match?

The apocalyptic, pumped-up dance music would be turned off and supporters would be free to make their own pre-match atmosphere (that could carry through to the actual match).

You would trail that this is going to happen heavily in the weeks running up to the fixture. And encourage supporters to be at their seats 10 minutes before the game so it can happen.

I was watching this old clip and there's no "pre-match presentation". And hey presto, fans are singing and making their own atmosphere:

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

Atmosphere improving idea on 13:02 - Oct 24 with 1088 viewsmonytowbray

My idea is when one person starts singing anyone in ear shot joins in, and then ayone who hears them singing also joins in. And then eventually everyone is singing.

It's not complicated if everyone does their bit.

I think there should be a strict "no boring people in the SBRL" rule enforced at the club. Oh and it's mandatory you've had at least 3 pints and 2 shots before the game.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 13:03]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Atmosphere improving idea on 13:04 - Oct 24 with 1075 viewsReuser_is_God

Atmosphere improving idea on 13:02 - Oct 24 by monytowbray

My idea is when one person starts singing anyone in ear shot joins in, and then ayone who hears them singing also joins in. And then eventually everyone is singing.

It's not complicated if everyone does their bit.

I think there should be a strict "no boring people in the SBRL" rule enforced at the club. Oh and it's mandatory you've had at least 3 pints and 2 shots before the game.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 13:03]

This.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Atmosphere improving idea on 13:07 - Oct 24 with 1055 viewsmonytowbray

Atmosphere improving idea on 13:04 - Oct 24 by Reuser_is_God

This.

Hell froze over the day RIG agreed with me.

TWTD never forgets…

Atmosphere improving idea on 13:08 - Oct 24 with 1053 viewssotd78

Put rail seats in SBRL. Allow unreserved standing in there and you'll get fans turning up an hour before kick off just like the old days you showed us here.
That'll out the singers in the middle and the result will be on occasions better atmosphere.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Atmosphere improving idea on 13:11 - Oct 24 with 1046 viewsfooters

Bring back the half-time cheerleaders. That'll whip the crowd into a frenzy.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Atmosphere improving idea on 13:12 - Oct 24 with 1042 viewsmonytowbray

Atmosphere improving idea on 13:08 - Oct 24 by sotd78

Put rail seats in SBRL. Allow unreserved standing in there and you'll get fans turning up an hour before kick off just like the old days you showed us here.
That'll out the singers in the middle and the result will be on occasions better atmosphere.

The club won't spend the money on that, everyone in the SBR already stands anyway and most people from my knowledge who have been there a few seasons have done all they can to ensure they are within earshot of their group (or have ended up making their own little groups from being near each other for so long.

Got to remember the SBRL is a lot less of a part time and/or family vibe. There are people I now regularly chat to and would consider mates just because I've been around them for a few seasons, most of which are there for the banter, p1ss up and to spend time with their mates rather than a family day out or one off experience.

TWTD never forgets…

Atmosphere improving idea on 13:15 - Oct 24 with 1035 viewsmonytowbray

Atmosphere improving idea on 13:11 - Oct 24 by footers

Bring back the half-time cheerleaders. That'll whip the crowd into a frenzy.

I would apologise on myself and Libby's behalf for upsetting the dance trope to the point they stopped doing the HT show but let's be honest, they were an awful fit.

TWTD never forgets…

Atmosphere improving idea on 13:19 - Oct 24 with 1024 viewstonydinning

Atmosphere improving idea on 13:08 - Oct 24 by sotd78

Agreed. Currently the best atmosphere before the match is in the bar under the North stand, away from the pitch. And people emerge about a minute before the game because their seat is reserved waiting for them.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 13:20]

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024