Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell 18:04 - Oct 22 with 5913 viewsmonty_radio

"Matthew Pennington’s has so far struggled to make his mark.
Whilst there is an option to make his move a permanent one at the end of the season he is currently McCann’s fourth choice centre-back. Pennington’s long-term prospects at the KCOM Stadium look slim." VERDICT: MISS

Would you take him permanently for free if available in Jan? Could be a better option than Toto and a perspective future longer-term partner for Woolfenden.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 08:14 - Oct 23 with 2509 viewsitfcjoe

Not for me, thought he was over rated when here and got away with a lot because his name wasn't Jordan Spence, Luke Chambers or Jonas Knudsen.

He's pretty old now as well, for a 'young prospect' out on loan.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 09:18 - Oct 23 with 2468 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Reading 2-2 away last season and their late equaliser. Pennington had to deal with two Reading giant forwards whereas Knudsen wasn't arsed to help him out. Had the latter done so we probably would have kept 3 points.

Pennington may have had some mistakes but the entire defence was awful particularly aforementioned Knudsen and Chambers. He certainly wasn't worse than the rest of defence.
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 09:45 - Oct 23 with 2444 viewsLankHenners

Always good to see a point comprehensively proven.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 09:52 - Oct 23 with 2428 viewsHerbivore

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 09:45 - Oct 23 by LankHenners

Always good to see a point comprehensively proven.

That did make me chuckle.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 10:11 - Oct 23 with 2411 viewsTown_Boy

I’d have him back in a heartbeat! Quality defender especially in this league

However this will never happen. End of story

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 10:18 - Oct 23 with 2406 viewsSomethingBlue

No thanks — people got a bit overexcited about a few nice blocks and last-ditch tackles when in fact he let his man go more times than I care to remember and was probably, if we are being super-critical, individually responsible for more goals conceded than anyone else in an awful team.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:03 - Oct 23 with 2386 viewsHerbivore

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 10:18 - Oct 23 by SomethingBlue

No thanks — people got a bit overexcited about a few nice blocks and last-ditch tackles when in fact he let his man go more times than I care to remember and was probably, if we are being super-critical, individually responsible for more goals conceded than anyone else in an awful team.

This.

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:05 - Oct 23 with 2382 viewsonlymehere

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 10:18 - Oct 23 by SomethingBlue

I think that is a load of tosh.
Why was he considered poty if that was the case?
Login to get fewer ads

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:07 - Oct 23 with 2374 viewsLankHenners

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:05 - Oct 23 by onlymehere

Because a lot of people are a bit dim/held prejudices against players signed by Mick McCarthy.

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:09 - Oct 23 with 2368 viewsonlymehere

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:07 - Oct 23 by LankHenners

Because a lot of people are a bit dim/held prejudices against players signed by Mick McCarthy.

McCarthy overstayed his welcome here but he signed some decent players in which also made the club better off financially.
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:11 - Oct 23 with 2359 viewsHerbivore

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:05 - Oct 23 by onlymehere

Erm, Chambers won player of the year.

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:15 - Oct 23 with 2355 viewsonlymehere

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:11 - Oct 23 by Herbivore

Hahaha he might of been in your eyes but he most definitely wasn’t chose by his performances last season I believe he was embarrassed to be selected.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 11:20]
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:23 - Oct 23 with 2343 viewsHerbivore

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:15 - Oct 23 by onlymehere

Hahaha he might of been in your eyes but he most definitely wasn’t chose by his performances last season I believe he was embarrassed to be selected.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 11:20]

Not in my eyes, he won the player of the year award. Pennington didn't win the player of the year award. I'm not sure which bit of this you're struggling with.

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:29 - Oct 23 with 2335 viewsPJH

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:07 - Oct 23 by LankHenners

Pennington was my choice for player of the year, admittedly a very poor season, and I do not consider myself dim.

Any prejudices that I might have regarding players signed by MM would be very much in those players favour.

I think Pennington was my player of the year simply because I think that he was our best player last season.
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:31 - Oct 23 with 2329 viewsPJH

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:11 - Oct 23 by Herbivore

But certainly NOT because he was the best player.
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:32 - Oct 23 with 2323 viewsBiGDonnie

On a free transfer to replace an ageing Chambers, yes, all day.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:35 - Oct 23 with 2315 viewsHerbivore

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:31 - Oct 23 by PJH

But certainly NOT because he was the best player.

If Chambers had made the mistakes Pennington made he'd have been chased out of Town with pitchforks.

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:36 - Oct 23 with 2314 viewsonlymehere

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:23 - Oct 23 by Herbivore

Not in my eyes, he won the player of the year award. Pennington didn't win the player of the year award. I'm not sure which bit of this you're struggling with.

So in your eyes chambers won poty for his performances last season then?
and was by far a better defender than Pennington ?
Wow.

Do you go to games?
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:36 - Oct 23 with 2313 viewsLankHenners

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:29 - Oct 23 by PJH

Pennington was my choice for player of the year, admittedly a very poor season, and I do not consider myself dim.

Any prejudices that I might have regarding players signed by MM would be very much in those players favour.

I think Pennington was my player of the year simply because I think that he was our best player last season.

Well sorry to throw you under the bus but Pennington was very poor, and as mentioned by others, was responsible for more goals conceded than anyone else in the team.

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:41 - Oct 23 with 2299 viewsPJH

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:36 - Oct 23 by LankHenners

Well sorry to throw you under the bus but Pennington was very poor, and as mentioned by others, was responsible for more goals conceded than anyone else in the team.

You're not throwing me under the bus but you are not changing my opinion that Pennington was our best player last season.

He, like all the others, was poor sometimes.

He was never very poor.
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:56 - Oct 23 with 2284 viewsHerbivore

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 11:36 - Oct 23 by onlymehere

So in your eyes chambers won poty for his performances last season then?
and was by far a better defender than Pennington ?
Wow.

Do you go to games?

I don't think you can understand basic English. I said Chambers wasn't player of the year in my eyes, he was simply player of the year. Pennington wasn't player of the year. I don't think anyone deserved it last season to be honest. I do think Chambers is a better defender than Pennington though. Pennington made a hatful of mistakes that led directly to goals and every good thing he did was a result of something bad he'd done seconds before. And yes, I'm a season ticket holder so I go to all home games and usually a couple away a season as well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024