Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A ridiculous stat about Sheff Utd 03:00 - Oct 22 with 1575 viewsIllinoisblue

Since 2014, they haven’t lost a league game when they’ve been ahead at half time. Quite extraordinary.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A ridiculous stat about Sheff Utd on 05:32 - Oct 22 with 1520 viewsWacko

Not really. It's a bit of a nothing stat dressed up to look more impressive. Could equally apply to a team that's so crap that they've only been ahead at half time once and drew that game

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

A ridiculous stat about Sheff Utd on 06:45 - Oct 22 with 1454 viewsWeWereZombies

You could understand it if the same manager had been in place since 2014, i.e. a gaffer who knew how to drill into his players the importance of shutting up shop once you are ahead in a game. Especially when you have an entire half to push that tactic. But 2014 saw Nigel Clough in charge followed by Adkins the year after before Chris Wilder took the reins the next year. Still you can see a bit of grit about that run of managers and perhaps the development of a never give an inch team spirit. Unusual for Yorkshire, eh?

In researching the above I have come across another boring stat, only five teams have won all four tiers of the professional English league system, off to Google that now.

[edit] Its five teams, not four, Sheffield United's Wikipedia page is wrong according to Squawka on Twitter - why do I trust that more?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 6:48]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

A ridiculous stat about Sheff Utd on 06:51 - Oct 22 with 1440 viewsTractorCam

I wonder how many games we've bottled in that time....

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

A ridiculous stat about Sheff Utd on 06:56 - Oct 22 with 1430 viewsEly_Blue

Isn’t there a similar stat for Man Utd at old Trafford where they haven’t lost when winning at home at half time for a staggering number of games

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

A ridiculous stat about Sheff Utd on 06:57 - Oct 22 with 1424 viewsTractorCam

A ridiculous stat about Sheff Utd on 06:56 - Oct 22 by Ely_Blue

Isn’t there a similar stat for Man Utd at old Trafford where they haven’t lost when winning at home at half time for a staggering number of games

The whole premier league era, was something like 280 odd, mad!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

A ridiculous stat about Sheff Utd on 07:14 - Oct 22 with 1406 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A ridiculous stat about Sheff Utd on 09:38 - Oct 22 with 1221 viewsBrianTablet

And we're unbeaten against teams beginning with an i when we score first.
Get in you blue boys!!!!

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

A ridiculous stat about Sheff Utd on 09:47 - Oct 22 with 1202 viewsWickets

Yup since we beat them in 80 something or other ,think it was the start of our great escape . Sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong .
Login to get fewer ads

A ridiculous stat about Sheff Utd on 12:31 - Oct 22 with 1075 viewsIllinoisblue

A ridiculous stat about Sheff Utd on 05:32 - Oct 22 by Wacko

Not really. It's a bit of a nothing stat dressed up to look more impressive. Could equally apply to a team that's so crap that they've only been ahead at half time once and drew that game

Given the blades have been promoted twice in that time frame it’s clearly not being dressed up in that manner

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A ridiculous stat about Sheff Utd on 12:33 - Oct 22 with 1069 viewsReuser_is_God

They really are an excellent football team.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024