Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As supporters is the song acceptable? 13:05 - Oct 21 with 12315 viewsChateauWines

As supporters is the song acceptable?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 13:18 - Oct 21 with 4922 viewsFtnfwest

I still don't know what it is (it may have been aired at Luton along with the Boris one but can't say i either heard it or if a i did how it went)
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 13:21 - Oct 21 with 4914 viewsRyorry

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 13:18 - Oct 21 by Ftnfwest

I still don't know what it is (it may have been aired at Luton along with the Boris one but can't say i either heard it or if a i did how it went)

Haringey and us by ChateauWines 20 Oct 2019 19:46
I have just spoken to Club Secretary.

Driving back from Accrington this afternoon I have considered hard what to do about what I heard on terraces today not for the first time. I've been going to football for over 40 years and dont consider myself a snowflake. I also consider the overwhelming majority of our away supporters amongst the best in the land and am proud to consider myself a Tractor Boy.

However....

After the events in Sofia last week and then disturbingly at Haringey involving Yeovil supporters, a certain song mentioned on another thread on here about one of our own players was sung by a small group of 10 or so several times today. It made myself squirm a little as it did others around me. I considered saying something but chickened out, then considered drawing it to attention of a steward or policeman. Thinking that would bring terrible publicity for club I stood and ignored it. It never got going as a song and am sure players didn't hear. Driving home I listened to Haringey manager talking on radio saying supporters should shop others doing and saying these things. I wish now I had stepped up.

What should I do guys?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 13:25 - Oct 21 with 4881 viewsChateauWines

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 13:21 - Oct 21 by Ryorry

Driving back from Accrington this afternoon I have considered hard what to do about what I heard on terraces today not for the first time. I've been going to football for over 40 years and dont consider myself a snowflake. I also consider the overwhelming majority of our away supporters amongst the best in the land and am proud to consider myself a Tractor Boy.

However....

After the events in Sofia last week and then disturbingly at Haringey involving Yeovil supporters, a certain song mentioned on another thread on here about one of our own players was sung by a small group of 10 or so several times today. It made myself squirm a little as it did others around me. I considered saying something but chickened out, then considered drawing it to attention of a steward or policeman. Thinking that would bring terrible publicity for club I stood and ignored it. It never got going as a song and am sure players didn't hear. Driving home I listened to Haringey manager talking on radio saying supporters should shop others doing and saying these things. I wish now I had stepped up.

What should I do guys?

Thanks Ryorry. I didn`t know what to name poll

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 13:26 - Oct 21 with 4875 viewsRyorry

However....

What should I do guys?

And currently, 2 people still think it's acceptable ...

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 13:27 - Oct 21 with 4876 viewsFtnfwest

However....

What should I do guys?

yes i'd seen this reference but don't know how the 'song' itself goes etc (maybe i don't want to!)
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 13:29 - Oct 21 with 4861 viewsRyorry

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 13:27 - Oct 21 by Ftnfwest

yes i'd seen this reference but don't know how the 'song' itself goes etc (maybe i don't want to!)

Read the thread & you'll understand.

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 14:11 - Oct 21 with 4781 viewsPJH

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 13:18 - Oct 21 by Ftnfwest

I have been to every league game home and away and I still don't know what it is.

Either my hearing is very bad or the children do not sing it very loud.
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 14:24 - Oct 21 with 4714 viewsfooters

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 13:26 - Oct 21 by Ryorry

And currently, 2 people still think it's acceptable ...

It is half term.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 14:40 - Oct 21 with 4667 viewsfactual_blue

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 14:11 - Oct 21 by PJH

I have been to every league game home and away and I still don't know what it is.

I gather the song is 'PJH is deaf, he wears a deaf man's hat....'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 14:47 - Oct 21 with 4648 viewsMrTown

I've been to 90% of the games this season, can't say I've heard any racial abuse at all.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 14:58 - Oct 21 with 4626 viewsSwailsey

I’ve heard it 3 times, the most audible against Gills in the cup. Toto responded and seemed to enjoy it, but it was hard to tell and also, if he was upset, is he going to take on a stand of fans?

I don’t like it, for a number of reasons: it’s pretty dumb and makes us look immature and ignorant at best and racist at worst (IMO).

I think it sets a worrying precedent if we let things like that back onto the terraces, especially in today’s climate. There’s no need for it. I’m not saying that every single person singing it is a racist, but why risk offending someone? Why put something like that out there?

Even if it is meant in “good spirits”, it’s still based on a stereotype. It isn’t acceptable and yes, I think it is racist.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 7:35]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 15:05 - Oct 21 with 4588 viewsWickets

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 14:58 - Oct 21 by Swailsey

I’ve heard it 3 times, the most audible against Gills in the cup. Toto responded and seemed to enjoy it, but it was hard to tell and also, if he was upset, is he going to take on a stand of fans?

I don’t like it, for a number of reasons: it’s pretty dumb and makes us look immature and ignorant at best and racist at worst (IMO).

I think it sets a worrying precedent if we let things like that back onto the terraces, especially in today’s climate. There’s no need for it. I’m not saying that every single person singing it is a racist, but why risk offending someone? Why put something like that out there?

Even if it is meant in “good spirits”, it’s still based on a stereotype. It isn’t acceptable and yes, I think it is racist.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 7:35]

I agree it was quite loud against Gillingham at home and in poor taste really but as you say Toto did sort of grin at it in front of the Sir Bobby .
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 15:55 - Oct 21 with 4486 viewsyesjohn99

No, because it’s rubbish. No racism in there though.
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 16:41 - Oct 21 with 4403 viewsArnieM

Er, what song is that then?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 16:41 - Oct 21 with 4403 viewsNotSure

There should always be an option for Don't Know / Not Sure.
I assume this is why you only have 34 votes at time of writing.

After his performance yesterday any song about Nsiala has become unacceptable.
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 16:42 - Oct 21 with 4398 viewsBlue_Moses

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 14:11 - Oct 21 by PJH

Same here, haven't heard it
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:23 - Oct 21 with 4318 viewslongtimefan

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 15:05 - Oct 21 by Wickets

I agree it was quite loud against Gillingham at home and in poor taste really but as you say Toto did sort of grin at it in front of the Sir Bobby .

It was pretty loud at the Peterborough game also, particularly before kick-off. Which given he wasn't playing is somewhat strange!.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 17:24]
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:30 - Oct 21 with 4298 viewsJakeITFC

The song is racist, there is no room for debate here.

I have posted at great length about this on here so I won’t again, but the dehumanisation and hyper-sexualisation of black men is an abuse borne in the times of slavery and this song is a continuation of that.

It is entirely possible that the people singing the song think didn’t/don’t think there is a problem with it, which is why it is important that they learn why it is.
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:31 - Oct 21 with 4281 viewsStokieBlue

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 15:55 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

No, because it’s rubbish. No racism in there though.

Since you like to vote down my posts explaining that it is racist would you care to explain how it isn't racist?

You are very certain so it should be a doddle to explain it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:39 - Oct 21 with 4249 viewsyesjohn99

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:31 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

Since you like to vote down my posts explaining that it is racist would you care to explain how it isn't racist?

You are very certain so it should be a doddle to explain it.

SB

It’s about a mans todger.

It’s a pathetic song. Nothing demeaning in it. Nothing abusive. None of the horrific racial slurs which I won’t write down as they are very offensive.

Just another mountain being made of a non existent molehill which sadly seems to be the way these days.

Toto is on record as saying he thinks it’s funny, LC has the lyric sticker on his phone, he must be nearing KKK status given the outrage on a schoolboy song.
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:42 - Oct 21 with 4245 viewsfooters

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:39 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

It’s a pathetic song. Nothing demeaning in it. Nothing abusive. None of the horrific racial slurs which I won’t write down as they are very offensive.

Just another mountain being made of a non existent molehill which sadly seems to be the way these days.

Toto is on record as saying he thinks it’s funny, LC has the lyric sticker on his phone, he must be nearing KKK status given the outrage on a schoolboy song.

There's a reason songs like that aren't sung to white players. Can you think why that would be? Could it be that white men aren't stereotyped for being extremely well endowed?

It's a racial stereotype, which means it's racist.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:46 - Oct 21 with 4224 viewsyesjohn99

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:42 - Oct 21 by footers

There's a reason songs like that aren't sung to white players. Can you think why that would be? Could it be that white men aren't stereotyped for being extremely well endowed?

It's a racial stereotype, which means it's racist.

Not offensive, not racist.
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:48 - Oct 21 with 4216 viewsSpruceMoose

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:46 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

Not offensive, not racist.

You keep saying that, but you haven't said why.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:50 - Oct 21 with 4202 viewsjeera

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:30 - Oct 21 by JakeITFC

The song is racist, there is no room for debate here.

I have posted at great length about this on here so I won’t again, but the dehumanisation and hyper-sexualisation of black men is an abuse borne in the times of slavery and this song is a continuation of that.

It is entirely possible that the people singing the song think didn’t/don’t think there is a problem with it, which is why it is important that they learn why it is.

This is the long and short answer here ^

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:51 - Oct 21 with 4197 viewsjeera

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:39 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

"Just another mountain being made of a non existent molehill "

Just another?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024