Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. 18:57 - Oct 20 with 7775 viewsTrequartista

Is he referring to the fact they played 12 days ago in a kickabout with Gillingham so they couldn't play today? Surely back-to-back games only has any meaning if they played 3 or 4 days ago - not twelve? What if we'd played last Saturday and they were rested - would they now be magically fitter? Bizarre comments unless he means they're playing against Rotherham.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 18:57]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:01 - Oct 20 with 5795 viewsTractorCam

He actually said that? For god sake.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:05 - Oct 20 with 5774 viewslmfcblue

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:01 - Oct 20 by TractorCam

He actually said that? For god sake.

He certainly did, he’s a clown 🤡
Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:05 - Oct 20 with 5774 viewsmr_bean

I assumed he meant that they'll be featuring against Rotherham.
Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:06 - Oct 20 with 5774 viewsSwansea_Blue

Presumably it’s fixtures next Wednesday and Saturday that are the issue?

Mind you, they’ve got 3 games in a week with 2 weeks off before and 10 days off after. It’s not close to being an issue for a fit player. We’ve got to remember where these two are in their recovery though, especially Huw’s. It feels like he last played 10 consecutive games in the 19th Century! (Facters will know ☺️).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:08 - Oct 20 with 5766 viewsTractorCam

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:05 - Oct 20 by mr_bean

So he's played a deliberate weak team today, this brings me memories of the Mick days when we played a weaker team in the cup just to then lose the next league game anyway.

Hopefully not the issue here, but isn't Norwood going to be ok?

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:15 - Oct 20 with 5738 viewslmfcblue

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:08 - Oct 20 by TractorCam

So he's played a deliberate weak team today, this brings me memories of the Mick days when we played a weaker team in the cup just to then lose the next league game anyway.

Hopefully not the issue here, but isn't Norwood going to be ok?

If Keane and Huws don’t start Wednesday these comments are bizarre
Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:18 - Oct 20 with 5730 viewsTrequartista

That has crossed my mind, but that is massive disrespect to Accrington. And surely if Downes and Norwood are fit for Rotherham they should be playing?

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:19 - Oct 20 with 5720 viewsTractorCam

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:15 - Oct 20 by lmfcblue

If Keane and Huws don’t start Wednesday these comments are bizarre

I'm certainly not in 'meltdown' but the fact those 2 didn't start today is ridiculous, was obvious for most fans before a ball was kicked. If Lambert has said that i'm not impressed, and like you say they now have to play Wednesday. Lambert has history with this though, he said it about Ndaba at the end of the season and he never played.

Login to get fewer ads

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:22 - Oct 20 with 5696 viewsTrequartista

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:06 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

Presumably it’s fixtures next Wednesday and Saturday that are the issue?

Mind you, they’ve got 3 games in a week with 2 weeks off before and 10 days off after. It’s not close to being an issue for a fit player. We’ve got to remember where these two are in their recovery though, especially Huw’s. It feels like he last played 10 consecutive games in the 19th Century! (Facters will know ☺️).

I have absolutely no issue with Huws and Keane needing a week rest between games.

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:23 - Oct 20 with 5692 viewslmfcblue

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:19 - Oct 20 by TractorCam

I'm certainly not in 'meltdown' but the fact those 2 didn't start today is ridiculous, was obvious for most fans before a ball was kicked. If Lambert has said that i'm not impressed, and like you say they now have to play Wednesday. Lambert has history with this though, he said it about Ndaba at the end of the season and he never played.

He def said they can’t play back to back games
Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:25 - Oct 20 with 5682 viewsTractorCam

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:22 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

I have absolutely no issue with Huws and Keane needing a week rest between games.

Indeed, if they played today and I wouldn't have expected any of them to start on Wednesday and wouldn't blame Lambert for that.

12 days apart though, welp.

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:28 - Oct 20 with 5666 viewsSitfcB

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:25 - Oct 20 by TractorCam

Indeed, if they played today and I wouldn't have expected any of them to start on Wednesday and wouldn't blame Lambert for that.

12 days apart though, welp.

...and surely Keane and Huws are for situations like today, with Downes and Norwood out it was a perfect opportunity to start them, and then hopefully FD and JN back on Wednesday.

You can’t question Lamberts tactics though. He’s the messiah!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:30 - Oct 20 with 5645 viewsSarge

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:05 - Oct 20 by lmfcblue

He certainly did, he’s a clown 🤡

Here he is! Had to wait almost a month to have another pop at Lambert haven’t you?
Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:32 - Oct 20 with 5636 viewsGlasgowBlue

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:28 - Oct 20 by SitfcB

...and surely Keane and Huws are for situations like today, with Downes and Norwood out it was a perfect opportunity to start them, and then hopefully FD and JN back on Wednesday.

At half time we should have pulled off Toto and Judge for Huws and Keane, then dropped Skuse into a back 3. So the formation wouldn’t have changed much but we’d have offed far more going forward.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:34 - Oct 20 with 5617 viewsTractorCam

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:32 - Oct 20 by GlasgowBlue

At half time we should have pulled off Toto and Judge for Huws and Keane, then dropped Skuse into a back 3. So the formation wouldn’t have changed much but we’d have offed far more going forward.

I had the same but Dozzell off with Nolan alongside Huws and Judge in the hole.

Even if they didn't start..... on 19:34 - Oct 20 with 5619 viewsBloots

…..not bringing Keane (or both) on when we were 2-0 down was fooking ridiculous.

He bought on Tony George instead of Keane, an incredible decision.

We might as well have stuck you and me on the bench.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:35 - Oct 20 with 5616 viewsTractorCam

That's my thinking, there's no way he can mean they're playing Wednesday as surely those 2 are contenders to be fit by then? If they're fit I can't imagine they're starting on the bench, weird.

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:35 - Oct 20 with 5612 viewsWickets

True that is what he meant seems to suggest that Norwood and Downes will not be fit for Wednsday , must admit that i was a little surprised that Keane and Huws didn't start but everything that PL has done before has worked out well so we cant moan too much .
Some of our fans..... on 19:36 - Oct 20 with 5608 viewsBloots

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:32 - Oct 20 by GlasgowBlue

….would rather he pulled them off.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 20:12 - Oct 20 with 5522 viewslmfcblue

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 19:30 - Oct 20 by Sarge

Here he is! Had to wait almost a month to have another pop at Lambert haven’t you?

he’s clueless, haven’t you worked that out yet?
Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 20:28 - Oct 20 with 5466 viewsKeaneish

I think today was a reality check that we need more than just better players on the pitch. We've got away with that until now. Big wake up call playing players out of position and constant rotation.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 20:34 - Oct 20 with 5428 viewsclive_baker

Agreed, I thought that was obvious. Clearly not for some.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 21:36 - Oct 20 with 5342 viewspointofblue

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 20:34 - Oct 20 by clive_baker

Agreed, I thought that was obvious. Clearly not for some.

Me too. I thought his comments also suggested that neither Downes or Norwood will be ready for Wednesday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keane and Huws re: Lambert on 21:57 - Oct 20 with 5293 viewsgetawig

Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 21:36 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

Me too. I thought his comments also suggested that neither Downes or Norwood will be ready for Wednesday.

Perhaps both Norwood and Downes wont be fit until at least the weekend but if they both play Wednesday the lack of Keane and Huws makes zero sense
Keane and Huws re: Lambert "back-to-back" games. on 08:51 - Oct 21 with 5058 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Exactly. Huws will start on Wednesday and wouldn’t be surprised if Keane did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024