Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dominic Raab 09:58 - Oct 20 with 2891 viewsDecoy_Octopus

So I don't normally comment too much on here about Brexit (or at all really, though I am an avid reader of the forum) as I think it's a massive pointless waste of time. Anyway just have Andrew Marr on whilst I'm doing my dusting and Dominic Raab is on there. One thing he said got to me, this deal that has been negotiated is great for Northern Ireland as it gives them the "big win" of having access to the EU single market.

If its such a big win to have access, why the hell does he want to leave it in the first place? Wouldn't just remaining be less of a massive waste of time and effort?

Edit: just to confirm that's Brexit I think is a massive waste of time, not this forum
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 10:05]
Dominic Raab on 10:00 - Oct 20 with 2866 viewsHerbivore

He said this the other day and the same thing was pointed out. He's too dim to realise the idiocy of bigging up the single market and having access to it whilst promoting the rest of the UK losing that. Raab is basically a potato with a basic central nervous system, I've never known a cabinet with less talent and intellect than this one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dominic Raab on 10:04 - Oct 20 with 2858 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Dominic Raab on 10:00 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

He said this the other day and the same thing was pointed out. He's too dim to realise the idiocy of bigging up the single market and having access to it whilst promoting the rest of the UK losing that. Raab is basically a potato with a basic central nervous system, I've never known a cabinet with less talent and intellect than this one.

Which leads me to my next question. Why do people vote for these people, they are either liars or very thick and inept at their jobs? It really, really baffles me how they can keep getting elected.
Dominic Raab on 10:07 - Oct 20 with 2839 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Now that is funny.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Dominic Raab on 10:10 - Oct 20 with 2821 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dominic Raab on 10:04 - Oct 20 by Decoy_Octopus

Which leads me to my next question. Why do people vote for these people, they are either liars or very thick and inept at their jobs? It really, really baffles me how they can keep getting elected.

The fact that people are actually backing up and supporting Raab’s view tells you all they need to know. They’ve bought into the lies so much, they can’t see the wood for the trees. It’s very weird.

Any objective view of Raab’s comments would of course lead to questioning the point of Brexit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dominic Raab on 10:11 - Oct 20 with 2807 viewsHerbivore

The majority of people are also stupid. The Sun and The Mail are the two most widely read papers in the UK, that tells you all you need to know about the general level of intellect and some of the underlying prejudices that are prevalent in the public at large.

Dominic Raab on 10:20 - Oct 20 with 2783 viewsbluelagos

Dominic Raab on 10:00 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

I'll raise you Karen Brady and Chris Grayling.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Dominic Raab on 10:23 - Oct 20 with 2772 viewsOldsmoker

They keep getting elected mainly due to misconceptions.

The first is that they are good at looking after the economy.
There are many articles that debunk this - here's one.
https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2017/11/27/the-tories-created-two-thirds-of-

The second is that the Labour party will make us a communist country.
I can't be bothered to explain why that isn't the case as it's so far off the bullsh*t scale to be nonsensical.

The Tories backed by the Daily Mail, Sun and the rest of the right-wing press will keep quoting these misconceptions. The debunking happens in Media that is not mainstream and therefore doesn't get into the zeitgeist.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Dominic Raab on 10:29 - Oct 20 with 2738 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Dominic Raab on 10:23 - Oct 20 by Oldsmoker

https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2017/11/27/the-tories-created-two-thirds-of-

I can't be bothered to explain why that isn't the case as it's so far off the bullsh*t scale to be nonsensical.

The Tories backed by the Daily Mail, Sun and the rest of the right-wing press will keep quoting these misconceptions. The debunking happens in Media that is not mainstream and therefore doesn't get into the zeitgeist.

Even Brexit is Corbyn's fault...if only he had given them a more solid 8 or 9 out of 10 none of this would ever have happened!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Dominic Raab on 10:33 - Oct 20 with 2721 viewsElephantintheRoom

Because the Good Friday agreement is legally binding and mandates NI and Ireland having free and open borders to goods and people. Britain has finally agreed to obey international law after 3.5 years. This withdrawal agreement does that. It also puts a hard border between NI and Great Britain - which some people dont remember being mentioned prior to the referendum. More pertinently whilst these extremists toe the party line and big up the benefits of some people in NI being able to carry on with their normal lives - they fail to mention the open border with the EU on our only land border with free access to anyone and anything to the UK - the exact opposite of what was promised by the Brexit liars.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Dominic Raab on 10:34 - Oct 20 with 2716 viewsOldsmoker

Dominic Raab on 10:29 - Oct 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Even Brexit is Corbyn's fault...if only he had given them a more solid 8 or 9 out of 10 none of this would ever have happened!

Of course it's Corbyn's fault.
He was a mere backbencher when Camoron won the 2015 election on a promise to hold a referendum.
Corbyn was too late in getting elected leader of the Labour Party and therefore it's all down to him.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Dominic Raab on 10:35 - Oct 20 with 2714 viewsfactual_blue

Dominic Raab on 10:20 - Oct 20 by bluelagos

I'll raise you Karen Brady and Chris Grayling.

Karen Brady, filthy lady*

*If the story is true.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Dominic Raab on 10:42 - Oct 20 with 2687 viewsLeoMuff

Many People have no interest in politics really, and just form opinions from biased media and Facebook, the two leavers at work in my team one voted as someone door stepped her and told her the EU would stop abortion rights, the other voted as her husband is. rabid leaver and she says it’s not democratic to remain, is you ask her any details she genuinely cannot answer a single question.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Dominic Raab on 10:42 - Oct 20 with 2688 viewsfactual_blue

Dominic Raab on 10:23 - Oct 20 by Oldsmoker

The debunking also involves longer words, which makes it difficult for the stupid people, who comprise both the membership and the wider support of the tories.

(As often pointed out, 'stupid people' was J S Mills' description of the tory party, I merely quote him.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Dominic Raab on 11:14 - Oct 20 with 2603 viewsNo9

If you want to find out what Mr Raab is really like read the book he co-authored with other hard right brexiters entitled -
Britannia Unchained - THAT is what brexit is all about
Dominic Raab on 11:21 - Oct 20 with 2583 viewslongtimefan

I think the old adage, “It doesn’t matter who you vote for, the government always gets in” applies. I wouldn’t trust any politician further than I could throw them, and I’m not very strong!
Dominic Raab on 11:26 - Oct 20 with 2572 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Dominic Raab on 11:14 - Oct 20 by No9

If you want to find out what Mr Raab is really like read the book he co-authored with other hard right brexiters entitled -
Britannia Unchained - THAT is what brexit is all about

Bloody hell. I've never read that but just had a quick Google of it and got a synopsis of.

Seems it might confirm one my biggest fears, which is workers rights going down the pan, great. And lots of ordinary people want this? I really don't get it.

I suppose I just wish sometimes people would look at the evidence and the possible outcomes before deciding on something. Too much to ask I guess.
Dominic Raab on 11:45 - Oct 20 with 2519 viewsGaryCooper

Dominic Raab on 10:11 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

The majority of people are also stupid. The Sun and The Mail are the two most widely read papers in the UK, that tells you all you need to know about the general level of intellect and some of the underlying prejudices that are prevalent in the public at large.

'The majority of people are also stupid'

They have better manners than you though, you self identify as superior but are in fact just noise, what a shallow, fopdoodle you are.
Dominic Raab on 11:51 - Oct 20 with 2498 viewsHerbivore

Dominic Raab on 11:45 - Oct 20 by GaryCooper

'The majority of people are also stupid'

They have better manners than you though, you self identify as superior but are in fact just noise, what a shallow, fopdoodle you are.

You are both stupid and lack manners. I am superior to you and have no issue in saying as much.

Dominic Raab on 11:51 - Oct 20 with 2495 viewsJ2BLUE

Boris also mentioned 'our European Union' yesterday when talking about us leaving.

In a different reality where he decided being a remainer was the key to number 10 I bet he's a hero of the protesters. Self serving w@nker.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dominic Raab on 11:57 - Oct 20 with 2475 viewsNo9

Dominic Raab on 11:26 - Oct 20 by Decoy_Octopus

Bloody hell. I've never read that but just had a quick Google of it and got a synopsis of.

Seems it might confirm one my biggest fears, which is workers rights going down the pan, great. And lots of ordinary people want this? I really don't get it.

I suppose I just wish sometimes people would look at the evidence and the possible outcomes before deciding on something. Too much to ask I guess.

One of the more annoying bits is that they don't explain (lies) how some of the countries actually work.
In Singapore there is government support for workers in terms of accommodation and transport allowances.
Same in many other countries
Dominic Raab on 12:34 - Oct 20 with 2426 viewsRyorry

Dominic Raab on 10:33 - Oct 20 by ElephantintheRoom

Because the Good Friday agreement is legally binding and mandates NI and Ireland having free and open borders to goods and people. Britain has finally agreed to obey international law after 3.5 years. This withdrawal agreement does that. It also puts a hard border between NI and Great Britain - which some people dont remember being mentioned prior to the referendum. More pertinently whilst these extremists toe the party line and big up the benefits of some people in NI being able to carry on with their normal lives - they fail to mention the open border with the EU on our only land border with free access to anyone and anything to the UK - the exact opposite of what was promised by the Brexit liars.

"they fail to mention the open border with the EU on our only land border with free access to anyone and anything to the UK - the exact opposite of what was promised by the Brexit liars."

Sorry, not quite getting you there - do you mean the border between Eire & NI?

Some lovely verbal creativity in this thread generally - "Camoron" & "fopdoodle"!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Dominic Raab on 12:35 - Oct 20 with 2422 viewssparks

Quite- if its great for NI, wouldnt it be great if we could have it too!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024