Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? 10:19 - Oct 17 with 8331 viewstrulyblue

I was trying to get 2 additional tickets, was on the site at 30 seconds past 10 o'clock and it came up as sold out.

Poll: Player of the season so far?

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:19 - Oct 17 with 5146 viewsartsbossbeard

Same here, I was after 1x additional but failed at 10:01.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:20 - Oct 17 with 5125 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:19 - Oct 17 by artsbossbeard

Same here, I was after 1x additional but failed at 10:01.

How can that be the case?

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:23 - Oct 17 with 5094 viewsSmith45

I went on the site at 10:50 and have been in a queue ever since, just opened up in another browser and saying sold out, fuming!
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:24 - Oct 17 with 5084 viewsartsbossbeard

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:20 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

How can that be the case?

Really not sure. I'd suspect that loads were held back for shop purchases as nobody who queued last time got any but I wouldn't have though that there would be 450 people outside the club shop.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:25 - Oct 17 with 5065 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Had ticket in basket but none of you w@nkers gave me a customer number!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:25 - Oct 17 with 5061 viewsartsbossbeard

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:23 - Oct 17 by Smith45

I went on the site at 10:50 and have been in a queue ever since, just opened up in another browser and saying sold out, fuming!

Quick tip.

Keep hitting the refresh button.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:26 - Oct 17 with 5047 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:23 - Oct 17 by Smith45

Should have reopened a different tab....the queue doesn't work!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:26 - Oct 17 with 5033 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

My lad has just told me he has got us tickets. Have not been to Southend since John Lyall,s promotion winning season so looking forward to it.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:28 - Oct 17 with 5016 viewsSmith45

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:26 - Oct 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

Should have reopened a different tab....the queue doesn't work!

Arghhh! First time i've seen it before so wasn't aware, excellent system
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:28 - Oct 17 with 5009 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:25 - Oct 17 by artsbossbeard

Quick tip.

Keep hitting the refresh button.

I refreshed from the queue and was on the site within seconds of it turning 10 o'clock however it was showing as sold out straight away.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:29 - Oct 17 with 4990 viewsartsbossbeard

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:28 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

I refreshed from the queue and was on the site within seconds of it turning 10 o'clock however it was showing as sold out straight away.

Same, same.

The refresh did work for me on the initial Southend tickets sale.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:38 - Oct 17 with 4930 viewsagravenor

When they originally sold out I called the ticket office and asked them to put me on a waiting list for any returned tickets etc.

I got a call at 9am from the ticket office offering me the two tickets before they went on sale at 10am.

Happy days :)
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:41 - Oct 17 with 4904 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:38 - Oct 17 by agravenor

When they originally sold out I called the ticket office and asked them to put me on a waiting list for any returned tickets etc.

I got a call at 9am from the ticket office offering me the two tickets before they went on sale at 10am.

Happy days :)

Slightly unfair considering we all could've done that but instead decided to adhere to their advertised instructions of purchasing online at 10am.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:42 - Oct 17 with 4890 viewsEastTownBlue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:24 - Oct 17 by artsbossbeard

Really not sure. I'd suspect that loads were held back for shop purchases as nobody who queued last time got any but I wouldn't have though that there would be 450 people outside the club shop.

About 100 tickets were for the shop to sell.
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:52 - Oct 17 with 4838 viewsartsbossbeard

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:42 - Oct 17 by EastTownBlue

About 100 tickets were for the shop to sell.

There was OAP outrage originally as tickets went on sale on the website at 9am and the club shop didn't open 'til 10.

Loads outside unhappy when told all tickets were gone..

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:55 - Oct 17 with 4820 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:52 - Oct 17 by artsbossbeard

There was OAP outrage originally as tickets went on sale on the website at 9am and the club shop didn't open 'til 10.

Loads outside unhappy when told all tickets were gone..

I was on the website at 9am (because I'd misread the time of sale) and they weren't on sale.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:00 - Oct 17 with 4787 viewsartsbossbeard

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:55 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

I was on the website at 9am (because I'd misread the time of sale) and they weren't on sale.

Original sale, a couple of weeks back.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:03 - Oct 17 with 4781 viewsKeaneish

I did. I had two missed calls from the ticket office at 9:20am. Called them back at 9:40am and got a ticket. I emailed and left my customer number straight after the previous batch sold so assume I was on a list to contact. Upgraded to a Gold card too which probably helped.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 11:04]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:11 - Oct 17 with 4735 viewsagravenor

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 10:41 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

Slightly unfair considering we all could've done that but instead decided to adhere to their advertised instructions of purchasing online at 10am.

Yes everyone could have done the same, but didn't...

I'm sure you will be doing the same in future sell outs now!
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:11 - Oct 17 with 4735 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:03 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

I did. I had two missed calls from the ticket office at 9:20am. Called them back at 9:40am and got a ticket. I emailed and left my customer number straight after the previous batch sold so assume I was on a list to contact. Upgraded to a Gold card too which probably helped.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 11:04]

I find this to be bad form by the club, why suggest to supporters that they purchase online at 10 o'clock when they must have known that tickets were not going to be available on there.
It appears that the tickets have been sold to those on a waiting list instead of being sold in the manner that they advertised.
I'm so glad I took the morning off work to give myself a chance

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:13 - Oct 17 with 4718 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:11 - Oct 17 by agravenor

Yes everyone could have done the same, but didn't...

I'm sure you will be doing the same in future sell outs now!

I just makes a mockery of the system.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:13 - Oct 17 with 4717 viewsSitfcB

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:11 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

I find this to be bad form by the club, why suggest to supporters that they purchase online at 10 o'clock when they must have known that tickets were not going to be available on there.
It appears that the tickets have been sold to those on a waiting list instead of being sold in the manner that they advertised.
I'm so glad I took the morning off work to give myself a chance

I think they’ve done it right.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:14 - Oct 17 with 4710 viewstrulyblue

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:13 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

I think they’ve done it right.

Please explain.

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:26 - Oct 17 with 4673 viewsagravenor

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:14 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

Please explain.

To be fair, maybe they should make it clearer about having a waiting list. Usually it's only used for returns and I guess it's not a usual situation to get an extra release of tickets. I guess a manager in the ticket office has instructed for the waiting list to be seen to first; there's probably no set protocol for the current situation

On a positive note, good that we are selling out allocations this quickly.
Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:30 - Oct 17 with 4657 viewsSitfcB

Did anyone get any of the extra 450 Southend tickets? on 11:14 - Oct 17 by trulyblue

Please explain.

Well the people on the ‘list’ have made an effort to get in that position.

They have every right to be at the front of the queue so to speak.

When I rang up on the day the first lot sold out I was told there wasn’t a list though haha.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024