Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DUP say no to Brexit deal 07:15 - Oct 17 with 9261 viewsMoriarty

What now?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/dup-no-deal-4854806-Oct2019/%3fam

fka omuircheartaigh

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 07:18 - Oct 17 with 2832 viewsnoggin

Oh no!

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 07:36 - Oct 17 with 2799 viewsHerbivore

Hard to see a way out. The DUP are prepare to jeopardise peace on the island of Ireland by pushing us towards a no deal rather than being open to sensible compromise.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 07:38 - Oct 17 with 2787 viewsDubtractor

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 07:36 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Hard to see a way out. The DUP are prepare to jeopardise peace on the island of Ireland by pushing us towards a no deal rather than being open to sensible compromise.

Theresa May's costly coalition with the DUP has served the Tories well hasn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 07:44 - Oct 17 with 2770 viewsWeWereZombies

Although with the expulsions and loss of a seat at a by-election the DUP might be irrelevant in voting terms anyway.

Meanwhile Nicola waits on the sidelines...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 07:51 - Oct 17 with 2750 viewsDarth_Koont

But can we be pushed towards a no deal now? There may be a legal challenge in a final sh!t or sh!tter attempt to play up to his voters, but Boris will have to seek an extension.

And I don't think NI in the customs union was a sensible compromise except technically. It would just open up other cans of worms in Northern Ireland and also Scotland.

Pronouns: He/Him

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 07:53 - Oct 17 with 2746 viewsm14_blue

How have we got to the position where this ragtag of backwards bigots, who only got 22% of the vote in NI, can shape the future of the country.

No doubt it’ll be remainers fault anyway.
DUP say no to Brexit deal on 07:56 - Oct 17 with 2737 viewsHerbivore

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 07:51 - Oct 17 by Darth_Koont

But can we be pushed towards a no deal now? There may be a legal challenge in a final sh!t or sh!tter attempt to play up to his voters, but Boris will have to seek an extension.

And I don't think NI in the customs union was a sensible compromise except technically. It would just open up other cans of worms in Northern Ireland and also Scotland.

That's assuming the EU will agree an extension. I don't think that's a given when there is no sign that the UK can come up with a deal that can get support at home and that guarantees the integrity of the single market whilst maintaining an open border between the UK and Ireland. They are keen to avoid a disastrous no deal but if there is no prospect of a deal they may make the call that enough is enough and both sides need to move on.

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 07:58 - Oct 17 with 2729 viewsBluefish

Why do so many people go out of their way to refer to it as the island of Ireland? It isn't an island and there are real island out that that don't constantly get referred to as an island every time that they are mentioned

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:01 - Oct 17 with 2714 viewsHerbivore

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 07:58 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Why do so many people go out of their way to refer to it as the island of Ireland? It isn't an island and there are real island out that that don't constantly get referred to as an island every time that they are mentioned

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland?wprov=sfla1

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:04 - Oct 17 with 2704 viewsBloomBlue

Because its surrounded by water, which is the normal definition of an island?

I think you'll find most people refer to it as the Island of Ireland because that's how Irish people refer to it
DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:04 - Oct 17 with 2699 viewsBluefish

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:01 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland?wprov=sfla1

I scrolled through but couldn't find a part that said you must go out of your way to describe it as the island of Ireland

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:05 - Oct 17 with 2694 viewsHerbivore

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:04 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

I scrolled through but couldn't find a part that said you must go out of your way to describe it as the island of Ireland

You said Ireland isn't an Ireland. You were wrong. It's best to admit it rather than double down and look even more stupid.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 8:06]

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:07 - Oct 17 with 2682 viewsBluefish

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:04 - Oct 17 by BloomBlue

Because its surrounded by water, which is the normal definition of an island?

I think you'll find most people refer to it as the Island of Ireland because that's how Irish people refer to it

It is 2 counties though so by definition not an island. This ignores the point of how often the description is used. I went to Crete this year, never at any point was it referred to as the island of Crete

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:08 - Oct 17 with 2678 viewsfooters

A. Because it's an island, a geographical location, comprised of two separate countries? Or are you just playing fick?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:09 - Oct 17 with 2670 viewsHerbivore

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:08 - Oct 17 by footers

A. Because it's an island, a geographical location, comprised of two separate countries? Or are you just playing fick?

I think he's genuinely this dumb.

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:11 - Oct 17 with 2657 viewsBluefish

Ok fair enough I always assume an island had to be one country, turns out that it doesn't. The point remains of how often the term is used but it is an island. Cheers

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:12 - Oct 17 with 2653 viewsBluefish

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:09 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

I think he's genuinely this dumb.

Why are you so angry all the time? Happy to talk if you need to

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:13 - Oct 17 with 2650 viewsartsbossbeard

In fairness to BF, it has been referenced of late as "the island of Ireland" in many a political debate.

It is a recent thing, much like "Clean Break Brexit" or "Boris is a lying, racist, hypocritical tw@t of the highest order."

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:13 - Oct 17 with 2639 viewsHerbivore

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:11 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Ok fair enough I always assume an island had to be one country, turns out that it doesn't. The point remains of how often the term is used but it is an island. Cheers

It's referred to that way because it is the island of Ireland and it's the most straightforward way of highlighting that you are referring to the situation on the whole island across both countries rather than just about the Republic of Ireland which often is colloquially but incorrectly called Ireland. Glad I could assist in your education this morning.

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:14 - Oct 17 with 2638 viewsfooters

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:11 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Considering we live on an island comprised of three countries, that's a v interesting take.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:14 - Oct 17 with 2629 viewsHerbivore

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:12 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Why are you so angry all the time? Happy to talk if you need to

That's an interesting attempt at deflection. I am cold and emotionless in thinking you're dumb. Why would I be angry that you're dumb?

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:15 - Oct 17 with 2618 viewsBluefish

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:13 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

It's referred to that way because it is the island of Ireland and it's the most straightforward way of highlighting that you are referring to the situation on the whole island across both countries rather than just about the Republic of Ireland which often is colloquially but incorrectly called Ireland. Glad I could assist in your education this morning.

Can someone not ask simple questions anymore without you going off on one? I hope you wouldn't get like you do in real life

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:16 - Oct 17 with 2611 viewsHerbivore

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:14 - Oct 17 by footers

Considering we live on an island comprised of three countries, that's a v interesting take.

Don't confuse him.

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:17 - Oct 17 with 2594 viewsBluefish

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:14 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

That's an interesting attempt at deflection. I am cold and emotionless in thinking you're dumb. Why would I be angry that you're dumb?

You are very unnecessarily abusive. I don't thinking is healthy and I think you need to talk.

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:20 - Oct 17 with 2573 viewsBluefish

DUP say no to Brexit deal on 08:14 - Oct 17 by footers

We are the United Kingdom so we are in some respects one country ruled by the same powers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024