Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear 06:49 - Oct 17 with 7458 viewsnoggin

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/louise-ellman-quits-labour-over-corbyn-

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 06:56 - Oct 17 with 3191 viewsBlueBadger

Approximately 14 pages of which will be a bunch of blokes raised ostensibly CofE telling us that a Jewish woman has got it wrong about anti-semitism.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 7:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 06:58 - Oct 17 with 3175 viewsnoggin

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 06:56 - Oct 17 by BlueBadger

Approximately 14 pages of which will be a bunch of blokes raised ostensibly CofE telling us that a Jewish woman has got it wrong about anti-semitism.

That's the spirit BB. Get in nice and early.

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 06:58 - Oct 17 with 3156 viewsgordon

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 06:56 - Oct 17 by BlueBadger

Interesting turn of phrase there: He was raised by his Grandparents, ostensibly.
Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:00 - Oct 17 with 3151 viewsgordon

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 06:58 - Oct 17 by noggin

You're really poking that hornet nest!
Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:01 - Oct 17 with 3155 viewsBlueBadger

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 06:58 - Oct 17 by gordon

Interesting turn of phrase there: He was raised by his Grandparents, ostensibly.

It's before 7 an I haven't had a cuppa yet. Truly coherent thoughts will not arise until roughly 9.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:03 - Oct 17 with 3135 viewsgordon

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:01 - Oct 17 by BlueBadger

It's before 7 an I haven't had a cuppa yet. Truly coherent thoughts will not arise until roughly 9.

I see - I've had two cups of coffee and a large bowl of porridge already, so I'm at a distinct advantage.
Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:07 - Oct 17 with 3133 viewsDarth_Koont

Well, this bloke would like you know, the evidence that "Under Jeremy Corbyn, antisemitism has become mainstream in the Labour Party."

And would prefer not to get dogpiled by other blokes who will just repeat and ramp up accusations in lieu of that evidence.

Maybe if we can get that basic standard right from the start then there won't be a 14-pager.

Pronouns: He/Him

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:13 - Oct 17 with 3106 viewsBlueBadger

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 06:58 - Oct 17 by noggin

Right, I'm off to work. I'll do you a pre-emptive uppe for when Dollers gegst into the office and his 'someone has besmirched the Dear Leader' alarm goes off.

Login to get fewer ads

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:20 - Oct 17 with 3079 viewsStokieBlue

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:07 - Oct 17 by Darth_Koont

Well, this bloke would like you know, the evidence that "Under Jeremy Corbyn, antisemitism has become mainstream in the Labour Party."

And would prefer not to get dogpiled by other blokes who will just repeat and ramp up accusations in lieu of that evidence.

Maybe if we can get that basic standard right from the start then there won't be a 14-pager.

Can you accept that if someone who is a Labour MP and has been a member for 55 years feels the need to leave there is an issue somewhere?

If not then I'd like to see some justification for her motives on both the statement and leaving the institution that has been her life.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:21 - Oct 17 with 3080 viewsBloomBlue

I don't think it will get beyond 10 pages as it's not telling us anything new, the whole Country knows the Labour party is anti-Semitism with Corbyn the main reason for it. Hopefully more Labour MPs will have the courage to follow her.

I do admire her for 1) having the courage to do it and 2) not joining another party in the hope it will get another leader who will return the party back to its core values.
Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:29 - Oct 17 with 3065 viewsDarth_Koont

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:20 - Oct 17 by StokieBlue

Can you accept that if someone who is a Labour MP and has been a member for 55 years feels the need to leave there is an issue somewhere?

If not then I'd like to see some justification for her motives on both the statement and leaving the institution that has been her life.

SB

In politics, I won't take things as read or on good faith without looking into them first.

Here are some details about Ellman's accusations from the point of view of the accused some of whom are Jews themselves. Re: her leaving the party and now, I believe Ellman was about to be deselected largely based on this.

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:29 - Oct 17 with 3062 viewsChurchman

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:07 - Oct 17 by Darth_Koont

I would like to understand this too. What is actually happening to make a Labour Party member for 55 years quit in this way?
Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:30 - Oct 17 with 3061 viewsnoggin

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:21 - Oct 17 by BloomBlue

I don't think it will get beyond 10 pages as it's not telling us anything new, the whole Country knows the Labour party is anti-Semitism with Corbyn the main reason for it. Hopefully more Labour MPs will have the courage to follow her.

I do admire her for 1) having the courage to do it and 2) not joining another party in the hope it will get another leader who will return the party back to its core values.

Lol.

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:36 - Oct 17 with 3030 viewsDarth_Koont

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:29 - Oct 17 by Churchman

I would like to understand this too. What is actually happening to make a Labour Party member for 55 years quit in this way?

See above.

Maybe we can move on from the "no smoke without fire" assumptions into a discussion of actual evidence. It's been sadly lacking because the evidence doesn't support the overall accusations and the attempts to put them at Corbyn's door.

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:40 - Oct 17 with 3017 viewsDarth_Koont

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:21 - Oct 17 by BloomBlue

"the whole Country knows the Labour party is anti-Semitism with Corbyn the main reason for it."

Seems to be the whole country has been played. The average (!!) respondent in this survey thinks the problem is 300 times greater than it actually is ...

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2019/10/labour-party-antisemitism-claims-jeremy-corby

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:45 - Oct 17 with 2985 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:20 - Oct 17 by StokieBlue

SB

My first thought was that it's really sad, what a shame.

My second thought was, why is she doing it now? The anti-semitism issue has been around for ages.

Some would like these things to be black and white to suit their agenda. They rarely are.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:47 - Oct 17 with 2976 viewsSteve_M

Oh look, you're doing it again: ignoring anything from the victims of racism because it doesn't suit your narrative. Utterly pathetic.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:48 - Oct 17 with 2970 viewsgordon

Everybody stop!

Your time is valuable. It's all you have. Think carefully - when you're old, will you look back on your contribution to this thread and think, yes, I'm glad I got involved in that one?
Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:51 - Oct 17 with 2962 viewsDubtractor

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:48 - Oct 17 by gordon

Everybody stop!

Your time is valuable. It's all you have. Think carefully - when you're old, will you look back on your contribution to this thread and think, yes, I'm glad I got involved in that one?

I am surprised just how invested people get in these threads/subjects.

I mean, I get that it is important and that people care about it, but these threads rarely end well do they?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 08:00 - Oct 17 with 2937 viewsgiant_stow

Everybody stop!

One of the best posts ever.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 08:01 - Oct 17 with 2936 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:47 - Oct 17 by Steve_M

Oh look, you're doing it again: ignoring anything from the victims of racism because it doesn't suit your narrative. Utterly pathetic.

No, he's looking at possible deeper reasons or ulterior motives. Which in the political arena you really should do, because things are rarely black and white.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 08:09 - Oct 17 with 2914 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Everybody stop!

Not playing.... 👼

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 08:10 - Oct 17 with 2910 viewsgordon

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:51 - Oct 17 by Dubtractor

I am surprised just how invested people get in these threads/subjects.

I mean, I get that it is important and that people care about it, but these threads rarely end well do they?

Who knows, maybe this time there'll finally work their way through to an amicable, positive, shared understanding of the situation?

Either way, I'll be logging in tonight for a few cheap laughs!
Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 08:12 - Oct 17 with 2898 viewsDarth_Koont

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 07:47 - Oct 17 by Steve_M

What have I ignored? I've looked at her claims and others and fail to see how they translate into the wider accusation against Labour under Corbyn.

I'm not doubting that she hasn't been on the end of antisemitic abuse and much of it vile. We know antisemites exist in society and within the Labour Party membership of 500,000 members. I make no excuse for that at all - these people should be referred to the police for hate crime.

But her specific beef with her CLP isn't that and it's been conflated with antisemitism in society. Luciana Berger had the same issue where she was conflating some revolting attacks and death threats from the far-right with "Labour antisemitism" and her relationship with the local party.

That conflation is worrying to me, especially when there are political motives that can be legitimately questioned.

And to be honest this is all a bit rich coming from you when you've dodged everything that's gone against the prevailing narrative. Any luck watching the Despatches programme or the Lobby just for starters? And what do you think about the JVL's version of Ellman's accusations?

Well here's today's 20 pager destined to diisappear on 08:28 - Oct 17 with 2867 viewsDarth_Koont

Everybody stop!

I do think the utter state of our current politics (and those who are supposedly telling us up from down) is important at a very fundamental level for our democracy and where we're heading as a country.

But you're right about time still being valuable. People can read my posts and the links and can address them in good faith rather than just ignore them. And hopefully the thread is still up by the time I come back and look at the responses.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024