Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At least it's not just our fans that don't even know.. 09:13 - Oct 16 with 1132 viewsKieran_Knows

... what they're moaning about.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

At least it's not just our fans that don't even know.. on 09:39 - Oct 16 with 1069 viewsitfcjoe

If we played a certain type of passing football here fans would absolutely hate it, because often it is very dull

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

At least it's not just our fans that don't even know.. on 09:44 - Oct 16 with 1043 viewsHerbivore

At least it's not just our fans that don't even know.. on 09:39 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

If we played a certain type of passing football here fans would absolutely hate it, because often it is very dull

Indeed, unless you have fantastic players who can continuously play it short at pace. Even under Burley we tended to mix it up rather than always go short. Venus often played the quarterback role and we used the likes of Scowie and Naylor as outlets.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

At least it's not just our fans that don't even know.. on 09:49 - Oct 16 with 1017 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Hang on! We can’t be accused of doing both".

Of course you can, you see it all the time. Teams try to play out from the back but don't have the ability to do so, play a few short safe options along the back four and then give up an hoof it when they make no forward progress. You see it all the time. I know exactly what type of football that fan is having to watch.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

At least it's not just our fans that don't even know.. on 09:53 - Oct 16 with 1001 viewsartsbossbeard

At least it's not just our fans that don't even know.. on 09:49 - Oct 16 by Swansea_Blue

"Hang on! We can’t be accused of doing both".

Of course you can, you see it all the time. Teams try to play out from the back but don't have the ability to do so, play a few short safe options along the back four and then give up an hoof it when they make no forward progress. You see it all the time. I know exactly what type of football that fan is having to watch.

This season's rule change on playing the ball to a player in your own area hasn't helped, it's just confused things further.

Unless you're allowed to play out from the back this way by the oppo or have the players comfortable enough on the ball to do this, the 50/50 percentage ball up to the halfway line is seen as a better option.

Quite the opposite to what the rule change was meant to achieve.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

At least it's not just our fans that don't even know.. on 15:49 - Oct 16 with 692 viewsBlue_Moses

At least it's not just our fans that don't even know.. on 09:44 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

Indeed, unless you have fantastic players who can continuously play it short at pace. Even under Burley we tended to mix it up rather than always go short. Venus often played the quarterback role and we used the likes of Scowie and Naylor as outlets.

Venus pre-dates "Quarter-backs" in football, he was just a player who played longer passes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024