Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? 06:48 - Oct 16 with 4864 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/canaryball-rally-tour-diary-the-nest-campaign-1-632

Recreating their one time in Europe as a Gumball challenge.

Next week, a camping trip to Thetford forest to celebrate the 2 month anniversary of beating Man City.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 12:21 - Oct 16 with 649 viewsBlueastheycome

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 11:41 - Oct 16 by midastouch

I live in Norfolk and I know the Norwich fans are very proud of beating Bayern. And fair play, that's never an easy place to go. I think they were the only English team to beat them away until Liverpool beat them there recently although I might be wrong on that. I don't see the bother with being proud of past achievements especially if you were alive and kicking to see it happen.
Got no arguments that Norwich haven't had the better of things in more recent times and that's not great for our young fans who haven't had much to shout about. Norwich have usually out performed us (although not always) in the Championship in recent times. But when they go up they don't tend to do very much, aside from obviously beating Manchester City of course. But if they still end up getting relegated this season then it still (in the grand scheme of things) won't count for much. For example, we beat Manchester United at home the season they thumped us 9 nil away and we went down. Nobody tends to remember that now! We also beat them the next time we played them after that too. Going up and taking the odd scalp here and there isn't nearly as good as achieving something concrete such as qualifying for Europe or getting to a Cup final.

Chris Sutton seems to be worried Norwich are heading for the drop, https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/chris-sutton-verdict-on-norwich-start-to-pre even if he was defending Farke (and for once I agree with Sutton here and I never thought I'd say that!) here from a fan who called for him to be sacked: https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-fans-angrily-reject-radio-claims-1-6
Some are suspicious that it might of been an Ipswich fan who made that call! Anybody going to own up? ;-)

Weren’t Bayern rubbish this season and was the only season in eternity they finished mid table ?
Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 13:11 - Oct 16 with 624 viewsDeano69

Has there been a 3 hour special on About Norfolk yet?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 13:57 - Oct 16 with 594 viewsmidastouch

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 12:21 - Oct 16 by Blueastheycome

Weren’t Bayern rubbish this season and was the only season in eternity they finished mid table ?

I'm not sure, obviously wasn't the greatest of Bayern teams though. Even so, I think they had Lothar Matthäus playing for Bayern then and any team with him in the starting line up still needs to be treated with respect. I know Dennis Bergkamp was pretty woeful when he was at Inter Milan and got one of his very few goals for Inter against Norwich that season. Although he didn't turn out too bad when he came to Arsenal!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 14:23 - Oct 16 with 565 viewshaynes_toe1

We're in the third tier of English Football and seemingly desperate to find something to laugh at Norwich about. I agree, from the outside regardless of Ipswich or Norwich connections it looks pretty tinpot but it was for Charity and the club seem to have donated too, fair play on that.

I won't bother sending this to any Norwich fans as they kind of have a little more to throw back in our direction than we do them...
Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 14:40 - Oct 16 with 551 viewsHipsterectomy

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 14:23 - Oct 16 by haynes_toe1

We're in the third tier of English Football and seemingly desperate to find something to laugh at Norwich about. I agree, from the outside regardless of Ipswich or Norwich connections it looks pretty tinpot but it was for Charity and the club seem to have donated too, fair play on that.

I won't bother sending this to any Norwich fans as they kind of have a little more to throw back in our direction than we do them...

calm down mate we'll be playing them next year, even super scummer Chris Sutton has done an article today about why they're as good as doomed

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Could Norwich be even more tinpot if they tried? on 15:41 - Oct 16 with 514 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024