Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radcliffe's marathon record is gone 16:20 - Oct 13 with 1435 viewsStokieBlue

Wasn't expecting to hear that for a while - beaten by over a minute:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/50035304

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Radcliffe's marathon record is gone on 19:27 - Oct 13 with 1320 viewsTractorWood

Yeah. As you say it's been smashed too. Kipchonge yesterday too. I ran the Cologne marathon today. Safe to say I was well outside both these times.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Radcliffe's marathon record is gone on 21:27 - Oct 13 with 1277 viewsjeera

Radcliffe's marathon record is gone on 19:27 - Oct 13 by TractorWood

Yeah. As you say it's been smashed too. Kipchonge yesterday too. I ran the Cologne marathon today. Safe to say I was well outside both these times.

Well done you. That's fantastic.

Congratulations.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Radcliffe's marathon record is gone on 07:52 - Oct 14 with 1120 viewsBLUEBEAT

But Paula did a massive dump on the street, watched by thousands.

She will always be a true champion and top lad.

Poll: W or W

Radcliffe's marathon record is gone on 08:59 - Oct 14 with 1078 viewsitfcjoe

Athletics has gone the way of cycling for me currently, just too much is unbelievable and too much controversy surrounds the big stars if you dig a little deeper.

Radcliffe's time is so questionable, and for this time now to be so much faster than that just doesn't sit right

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Radcliffe's marathon record is gone on 11:44 - Oct 14 with 991 viewsTractorWood

Radcliffe's marathon record is gone on 08:59 - Oct 14 by itfcjoe

Athletics has gone the way of cycling for me currently, just too much is unbelievable and too much controversy surrounds the big stars if you dig a little deeper.

Radcliffe's time is so questionable, and for this time now to be so much faster than that just doesn't sit right

I think Kipchonge is the greatest ever marathon runner. Does 160km weeks every week at altitude. At Monza it clearly showed it was doable with the gaming of 20 rotating pacers, laser guided zero emissions pacing cars on totally flat terrain at the optimum temperature with no jet lag. Also his fluids are measured and topped up by bike support. It's an interesting experiment but if he's not done it in a race an average person can enter or qualify for, to me it doesn't count.

Can't comment on the Radcliffe record but suspect it was well overdue a decent challenge.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Radcliffe's marathon record is gone on 13:01 - Oct 14 with 946 viewsitfcjoe

Radcliffe's marathon record is gone on 11:44 - Oct 14 by TractorWood

I think Kipchonge is the greatest ever marathon runner. Does 160km weeks every week at altitude. At Monza it clearly showed it was doable with the gaming of 20 rotating pacers, laser guided zero emissions pacing cars on totally flat terrain at the optimum temperature with no jet lag. Also his fluids are measured and topped up by bike support. It's an interesting experiment but if he's not done it in a race an average person can enter or qualify for, to me it doesn't count.

Can't comment on the Radcliffe record but suspect it was well overdue a decent challenge.

Agree with the first para, heard a lot of talk about his shoes also as being absolutely key.

It's not much difference to Roger Bannister's 4 minute mile just with new technology, that was with pacers, one was allowed to be lapped so they could pick it up at the end etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024