Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Religion 08:41 - Oct 13 with 3966 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50002085

2 miracles need to be confirmed. Which the Vatican has done based on 2 people saying they prayed to Newman and were cured.

Honestly.....lost for words.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Religion on 08:45 - Oct 13 with 3613 viewsDanTheMan

They ran out of dragons to slay a while back so they've had to get pretty loose with the entry requirements.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Religion on 09:04 - Oct 13 with 3575 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Religion on 08:45 - Oct 13 by DanTheMan

They ran out of dragons to slay a while back so they've had to get pretty loose with the entry requirements.

That would be an ecumenical matter.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Religion on 09:08 - Oct 13 with 3555 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Religion on 09:10 - Oct 13 with 3556 viewsDarth_Koont

No surprise that the BBC passively repeats these "miracles" and makes them sound perfectly logical. Not even qualified by "believe".

Pronouns: He/Him

Religion on 09:32 - Oct 13 with 3528 viewsfactual_blue

If you want to learn about marketing and tourism, study the Catholic Church.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Religion on 09:50 - Oct 13 with 3499 viewsOldsmoker

Religion on 09:32 - Oct 13 by factual_blue

It has been said that Religion is a Marketing dream.
The product is collected after death and there are no refunds.
They pay for it while alive through donations to the church AND do what the church leaders tell them to do.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Religion on 10:06 - Oct 13 with 3484 viewssolemio

Christians say that God created Man (humans) in his own image.

Non-Christians say that humans created god in their own image. Seems very considerably more logical!
Religion on 10:27 - Oct 13 with 3466 viewsBarneycurley

Looks like he did a lot of good work in his time. Not sure that's saint worthy but at least he wasn't out commiting mass murders.

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Login to get fewer ads

Religion on 10:42 - Oct 13 with 3454 viewsJ2BLUE

Did anyone else laugh when they read the pain came back on the final day? You'd think someone worthy of being a saint would have removed it forever.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Religion on 11:34 - Oct 13 with 3393 viewsGaryCooper

Religion on 09:32 - Oct 13 by factual_blue

In a similar vein I hear that long weekends in Mecca to worship a meteorite are drawing in the tourists.
Religion on 11:38 - Oct 13 with 3383 viewssparks

Religion on 11:34 - Oct 13 by GaryCooper

In a similar vein I hear that long weekends in Mecca to worship a meteorite are drawing in the tourists.

This is just barking mad. How do educated people, in 2019, buy into this transparent f'wittery?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Religion on 11:44 - Oct 13 with 3370 viewsGaryCooper

Religion on 11:38 - Oct 13 by sparks

This is just barking mad. How do educated people, in 2019, buy into this transparent f'wittery?

I will never understand it, some of the poorest, most desperate, displaced peoples of the world are the biggest believers in something that gives them nothing but misery.
Religion on 11:56 - Oct 13 with 3353 viewssparks

Religion on 11:44 - Oct 13 by GaryCooper

I will never understand it, some of the poorest, most desperate, displaced peoples of the world are the biggest believers in something that gives them nothing but misery.

I understand that. Religions take advantage of people who are vulnerable. What i dont get is why people with educations and free reasonably affluent societies buy into vatican claims of magic spirits curing diseases!
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 12:19]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Religion on 12:16 - Oct 13 with 3331 viewsWD19

Religion on 10:42 - Oct 13 by J2BLUE

Did anyone else laugh when they read the pain came back on the final day? You'd think someone worthy of being a saint would have removed it forever.

That was user error. He got what he asked for.
Religion on 12:56 - Oct 13 with 3303 viewsjeera

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Religion on 13:08 - Oct 13 with 3288 viewsRyorry

Caught the tail end of a BBCR4 interview with some female this a.m. who seemed to be thanking Newman for the miracle of her pregnancy coming to term. Think my jaw did actually, literally, drop in disbelief!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Religion on 13:15 - Oct 13 with 3269 viewsWeWereZombies

Religion on 11:56 - Oct 13 by sparks

I understand that. Religions take advantage of people who are vulnerable. What i dont get is why people with educations and free reasonably affluent societies buy into vatican claims of magic spirits curing diseases!
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 12:19]

Pascal's wager

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Religion on 13:19 - Oct 13 with 3265 viewssparks

Religion on 13:15 - Oct 13 by WeWereZombies

Pascal's wager

You can believe in jesus without buying this nonsense the vatican puts out about miracles.

Religion on 13:20 - Oct 13 with 3263 viewsjeera

Religion on 13:15 - Oct 13 by WeWereZombies

Pascal's wager

'Best to stay on the right side just in case' approach.

Especially as age encroaches!

Heh, I can see the argument but surely if He is all-knowing, then he'll be aware you may be pulling a fast one.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Religion on 13:23 - Oct 13 with 3258 viewsWeWereZombies

Religion on 13:19 - Oct 13 by sparks

You can believe in jesus without buying this nonsense the vatican puts out about miracles.

If you take the best option under game theory in Pascal's wager you do not even have to believe, you just reap the rewards of being part of a religious community until belief happens to you and allows you to enter heaven. And there is a lot of raping, pillaging, embezzlement, justifiable homicide and so on that you can enjoy whilst you are waiting.

Religion on 16:35 - Oct 13 with 3183 viewsBlueBadger

Religion on 11:38 - Oct 13 by sparks

Same way they bought Brexit. Unrealistic visions of something better if the make lots and lots and lots of sacrifices.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Religion on 18:43 - Oct 13 with 3111 viewsNthQldITFC

Nun

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Religion on 20:24 - Oct 13 with 3078 viewsWeWereZombies

Religion on 18:43 - Oct 13 by NthQldITFC

Nun

Blue

Religion on 13:52 - Oct 15 with 2933 viewsGeoffSentence

It seems to me that by this criteria our very own Ryorry should be sainted as she has performed at least two miracles if I recall correctly, bringing a sheep back from the dead and fixing her friend's knee by laying on of the hands.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Religion on 14:16 - Oct 15 with 2898 viewsRyorry

Religion on 13:52 - Oct 15 by GeoffSentence

It seems to me that by this criteria our very own Ryorry should be sainted as she has performed at least two miracles if I recall correctly, bringing a sheep back from the dead and fixing her friend's knee by laying on of the hands.

Nah - proper saints wouldn't tell you to eff off with that one!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024