Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting incident from Oldham today 20:50 - Oct 12 with 1758 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ref played advantage from a foul and then there was another foul for which the offender was shown a straight red. Ref then booked the player for the first foul, second booking meant he also saw red.

Must be unusual for one side to go down to 9 men like that.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Interesting incident from Oldham today on 22:12 - Oct 12 with 1579 viewsxrayspecs

Indeed. But good refereeing.

BTW, the centre half could have had two reds for that tackle. Pure filth.
Interesting incident from Oldham today on 07:41 - Oct 13 with 1280 viewssolemio

I assume Joe Royle will not be happy.

Sounds like good refereeing though.
Interesting incident from Oldham today on 10:43 - Oct 13 with 1035 viewsBluefish

I've wondered about this sort of thing and also what happens when they delay and offside call and then the forward gets wiped out. I thought when the advantage rule came in that if the incident involved a red card that the game should he immediately stopped and no advantage played.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Interesting incident from Oldham today on 12:25 - Oct 13 with 953 viewspoppiesman

Interesting incident from Oldham today on 10:43 - Oct 13 by Bluefish

I've wondered about this sort of thing and also what happens when they delay and offside call and then the forward gets wiped out. I thought when the advantage rule came in that if the incident involved a red card that the game should he immediately stopped and no advantage played.

I too have wondered about this. What would happen in same scenario as the Oldham game if the ref played on and before play is stopped again, the offending team regain possession and the player who committed the first foul (therefore his second booking and sent off) that the ref played advantage for, goes on and scores or is involved in his team scoring. Unlikely I know, but it could happen, which is why I thought the ref should always stop play for an offence that leads to a sending off.
Interesting incident from Oldham today on 12:55 - Oct 13 with 912 viewsDurovigutum

Interesting incident from Oldham today on 12:25 - Oct 13 by poppiesman

I too have wondered about this. What would happen in same scenario as the Oldham game if the ref played on and before play is stopped again, the offending team regain possession and the player who committed the first foul (therefore his second booking and sent off) that the ref played advantage for, goes on and scores or is involved in his team scoring. Unlikely I know, but it could happen, which is why I thought the ref should always stop play for an offence that leads to a sending off.

Basically, yes. Unless the player is about to stick it in the net if the offence needs a caution, especially a red (or 2nd yellow), then stop play and give it.

The offside rule is waiting for disaster. A defender charging back to take a player out who was offside but not yet flagged as they haven't touched it.... At lower levels with club linesmen it's a time bomb...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024