Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... 12:28 - Oct 12 with 3299 viewstrulyblue

... to have disappeared this season..... Strange that!

Poll: Player of the season so far?

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 12:34 - Oct 12 with 3281 viewsDubtractor

Simple really.

Has Evans still done a largely terrible job of running our club? Without a doubt.

Would there be much point in fans agitating at a point when we are finally pointing in the right direction with some long needed positivity around the club? No, because that would be a bellend thing to do.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 12:47 - Oct 12 with 3228 viewsmrshallisfit

We are still in League One the last time I checked.
The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 12:57 - Oct 12 with 3190 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 12:47 - Oct 12 by mrshallisfit

We are still in League One the last time I checked.

Yep, and it's the most enjoyable season for a long time!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 12:58 - Oct 12 with 3186 viewsFreddies_Ears

Apart from the small group who were still singing "ME, you're a c+@+" at the Gills game this week. Just the once, but still audible.
The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 15:06 - Oct 12 with 2999 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 12:58 - Oct 12 by Freddies_Ears

Apart from the small group who were still singing "ME, you're a c+@+" at the Gills game this week. Just the once, but still audible.

Freddies Ear - I was at the Gills game and it was 'Evans your a c+*£' and was aimed the Gills manager when the fat lump stood up for first and only time. So nothing at all to do with ME
The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 15:07 - Oct 12 with 2996 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

sorry down arrowed by mistake
The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 15:24 - Oct 12 with 2969 viewsTheBoyBlue

After what has happened at Bury & Bolton recently I have grown to appreciate ME more - at least he keeps us afloat. I also don't believe the ridiculous conspiracies about him using us as a tax break and all that stuff (mainly because I don't understand it!) and I also understand why he doesn't just splash our cash willy-nilly, but let's not forget that we are where we are because of his mismanagement and countless misjudgements. This has mainly been because he's been surrounded by people like Clegg and Milne who haven't got a clue about football.

I think there are signs that he is learning from mistakes, but more importantly that he is listening to people like O'Neill and indeed Lambert who do know the game. And unless a well-meaning multi-billionaire (like Ed Sheeran but with at least twenty or thirty times more money) buys the club, I can't see what other option we have but to stick with him.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 15:57 - Oct 12 with 2914 viewsFreddies_Ears

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 15:06 - Oct 12 by Cotton_eyed_joe

Freddies Ear - I was at the Gills game and it was 'Evans your a c+*£' and was aimed the Gills manager when the fat lump stood up for first and only time. So nothing at all to do with ME

Ah. Sorry. Quite understandable, that one!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 16:44 - Oct 12 with 2863 viewsBluefish

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 12:34 - Oct 12 by Dubtractor

Simple really.

Has Evans still done a largely terrible job of running our club? Without a doubt.

Would there be much point in fans agitating at a point when we are finally pointing in the right direction with some long needed positivity around the club? No, because that would be a bellend thing to do.

He is also bankrolling us out of this league

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 16:51 - Oct 12 with 2850 viewspennblue

I think the credit you can give Evans is he has tried different things last 2 seasons. Ok, Hurst did not work out as expected, but in hindsight, maybe it was still the right time to take a different approach.

The jury is still out on whether we can return to the Championship, and whether we can compete if we get back there, as we will still be short on investment imo.

But I think most people are just happy to enjoy the ride we are currently on, and see where it takes us.

The concept of the supporters being unequivocally behind the team, and the team loving the fans in return, seems such a simple concept. Surely it wasn't that simple all along was it?? :)

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 16:57 - Oct 12 with 2831 viewsbraveblue

Hatred is a silly word to use. Too often thrown about. Disappointed, angry, cheesed off - all still valid. He has been very poor in his decision making and has led us to our lowest position for more than 50 years.

Lambert has forced him into some action and transparency. But the good vibe is purely down to Lambert.

The sooner Evans can sell up the better.
The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 17:11 - Oct 12 with 2806 viewsjas0999

Not really. Fans rightly disappointed that we went down and were frankly a dreadful side owing to years of failing to invest in the squad.

But same fans (me included) have seen a real difference. Far more engaging. Good investment in the right type of player in KVY. It would seem PL has influenced the change of approach.

January will be interesting, see if ME sells or looks to strengthen. Learn from when we failed to make any additions when top of Championship a few years back.
The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 17:43 - Oct 12 with 2761 viewsBlueBadger

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 16:44 - Oct 12 by Bluefish

He is also bankrolling us out of this league

He did also bankroll us into it, in all fairness.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 17:44 - Oct 12 with 2759 viewsMaySixth

Hmmm, you don't really have a clue do you.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 19:37 - Oct 12 with 2702 viewsActionMan

Give it until this time next season,the anger will reappear if Lambert is not backed and we look like a yoyo team. Ultimately Evans has to invest to keep us in the Championship this time and not sell every salable asset and cut the wage budget and so on, which is why we ended up relegated to begin with.
The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 19:56 - Oct 12 with 2669 viewsBluefish

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 19:37 - Oct 12 by ActionMan

Give it until this time next season,the anger will reappear if Lambert is not backed and we look like a yoyo team. Ultimately Evans has to invest to keep us in the Championship this time and not sell every salable asset and cut the wage budget and so on, which is why we ended up relegated to begin with.

Did we sell all of our assets and cut the wage bill previously?

The wage bill that took us down was most likely our highest ever weekly wage bill

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 09:09 - Oct 13 with 2473 viewsBlueBadger

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 19:56 - Oct 12 by Bluefish

Did we sell all of our assets and cut the wage bill previously?

The wage bill that took us down was most likely our highest ever weekly wage bill

*if you ignore all the other wage bills that have been higher.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 09:11 - Oct 13 with 2466 viewsartsbossbeard

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 16:57 - Oct 12 by braveblue

Hatred is a silly word to use. Too often thrown about. Disappointed, angry, cheesed off - all still valid. He has been very poor in his decision making and has led us to our lowest position for more than 50 years.

Lambert has forced him into some action and transparency. But the good vibe is purely down to Lambert.

The sooner Evans can sell up the better.

No, there is/was genuine hatred.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 09:12 - Oct 13 with 2464 viewswkj

I see you've not you've not spent much time in the News Comments. You'll find a bit more of what you're talking about there.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 09:15 - Oct 13 with 2460 viewsRegencyBlue

Two months of success in League 1, which we are playing in for the first time in over sixty years, doesn’t whitewash the more than twelve years incompetent ownership by Evans for me. The current feel good factor around the club has come about largely because of Lambert.

My main hope is that the increased crowds etc will show the potential there is here, were the club to become truly competitive in the Championship, and encourage someone to make Evans an offer to buy him out.
The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 09:15 - Oct 13 with 2453 viewsBluefish

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 09:09 - Oct 13 by BlueBadger

*if you ignore all the other wage bills that have been higher.

Ah yes we go back to the rabid mob on here screaming about Finidi and Sereni being on 40k per week even though they were on less than 20k and Quaner was on over 20k.

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 09:19 - Oct 13 with 2438 viewsartsbossbeard

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 09:15 - Oct 13 by RegencyBlue

Two months of success in League 1, which we are playing in for the first time in over sixty years, doesn’t whitewash the more than twelve years incompetent ownership by Evans for me. The current feel good factor around the club has come about largely because of Lambert.

My main hope is that the increased crowds etc will show the potential there is here, were the club to become truly competitive in the Championship, and encourage someone to make Evans an offer to buy him out.

….but please keep bankrolling us, Marcus xxx

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 09:43 - Oct 13 with 2377 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 18:50 - Oct 13 with 2186 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The hatred towards Marcus Evans by that portion of Town supporters seems.... on 12:34 - Oct 12 by Dubtractor

Simple really.

Bang on

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024