Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eu citizens in the UK 10:16 - Oct 10 with 2293 viewsSwansea_Blue

2016:
A promise made by Michael Gove, Boris Johnson and Priti Patel:
"there will be no change for EU citizens already lawfully resident in the UK. These EU citizens will automatically be granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK and will be treated no less favourably than they are at present."
http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/restoring_public_trust_in_immigration_policy

2019:

Now given that Johnson is now the PM and Patel is the Home Sec, shouldn't we be holding them to those promises?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Eu citizens in the UK on 10:27 - Oct 10 with 2246 viewsBlueBadger

Again, scary implications for a lot of the country.
I have a number of colleagues from EU countries who don't currently have this paperwork(mainly due to the expense of it). But hey, blue passports.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Eu citizens in the UK on 10:30 - Oct 10 with 2236 viewsgiant_stow

Maybe there's hope: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-news-latest-britain-against-leav

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Eu citizens in the UK on 10:33 - Oct 10 with 2233 viewsDyland

They are complete and utter c-units. I'm the least violent person around but I'd find it hard not to smack them round the head if I every had the opportunity. So arrest me, I don't fooking care.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Eu citizens in the UK on 10:43 - Oct 10 with 2197 viewsSwansea_Blue

Eu citizens in the UK on 10:27 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

I have a number of colleagues from EU countries who don't currently have this paperwork(mainly due to the expense of it). But hey, blue passports.

Expense, sh*t system that doesn't work properly, applications not being acknowledged, or mysteriously rejected... There's a whole bunch of reasons why people aren't getting settled status sorted. There's a lucky few who are famous enough to get a politician to intervene on their behalf, but may aren't.

And we're not talking about people who've arrived in the last 6 months looking for cash in hand work (the Daily Mail stereotypical scrounging immigrant looking to steal our jobs and rape our women). We're talking about friends, family members, colleagues who've been here for years, built lives and brought up families.

I'm with Dyland, makes me very angry and feel like banging some heads together.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Eu citizens in the UK on 10:49 - Oct 10 with 2176 viewsBlueBadger

Eu citizens in the UK on 10:43 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

Expense, sh*t system that doesn't work properly, applications not being acknowledged, or mysteriously rejected... There's a whole bunch of reasons why people aren't getting settled status sorted. There's a lucky few who are famous enough to get a politician to intervene on their behalf, but may aren't.

And we're not talking about people who've arrived in the last 6 months looking for cash in hand work (the Daily Mail stereotypical scrounging immigrant looking to steal our jobs and rape our women). We're talking about friends, family members, colleagues who've been here for years, built lives and brought up families.

I'm with Dyland, makes me very angry and feel like banging some heads together.

Damn right. There's a lady who drinks in my local. She's French. Lived here getting on 50 years, spent nearly all her working life as a teacher here, paying in to the country and educating several generations. Now, in her retirement, she's being told she has to justify her place here.

Lad who's a charge nurse on one of the wards here has two kids and his missus works part-time. They can't afford all the paperwork and don't what they're going to do. They've been here ten years, their kids are settled at school and have little experience of living in their 'home' country.

The whole thing is a disgusting exercise sowing nothing but hardship, misery, division and low-level spitefulness for the sake of keeping quiet a gobby minority of a minority government.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 12:33]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Eu citizens in the UK on 11:02 - Oct 10 with 2153 viewsBlueNomad

I am becoming increasingly ashamed to be British.

How does the Home Secretary sleep at night when her own family were allowed to come to this country as refugees in the 1970's?
Eu citizens in the UK on 11:04 - Oct 10 with 2139 viewsfooters

Eu citizens in the UK on 11:02 - Oct 10 by BlueNomad

How does the Home Secretary sleep at night when her own family were allowed to come to this country as refugees in the 1970's?

Pulling the ladder up is what the Tories do best! It's Priti pathetic if you ask me.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Eu citizens in the UK on 11:05 - Oct 10 with 2139 viewsJohnWarksTash

Eu citizens in the UK on 10:49 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

Damn right. There's a lady who drinks in my local. She's French. Lived here getting on 50 years, spent nearly all her working life as a teacher here, paying in to the country and educating several generations. Now, in her retirement, she's being told she has to justify her place here.

Lad who's a charge nurse on one of the wards here has two kids and his missus works part-time. They can't afford all the paperwork and don't what they're going to do. They've been here ten years, their kids are settled at school and have little experience of living in their 'home' country.

The whole thing is a disgusting exercise sowing nothing but hardship, misery, division and low-level spitefulness for the sake of keeping quiet a gobby minority of a minority government.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 12:33]

I am ashamed of what this country has become. Patel is an awful woman who spent tax payers money on 'holidays', held meetings with people she really shouldn't have, got sacked due to her indiscretions, and is now in a position of real power. Ditto Johnson (I won't call him Boris...his PR people try to make him cuddly when he's a dangerous idiot)

The UK is an embarrassment. I know people had many reasons to vote Brexit, but blindly carrying on with this tax avoidance vanity scheme is barmy and damaging.

I am still waiting for a credible reason to leave the EU which doesn't centre around sovereignty (couldn't have triggered Article 50 without being sovereign), some made up EU rules that usurp British law, blue passports (made in the France ironically!) and immigration which as an island is what makes us who we are...no such thing as an indigenous UK person.

Yup I am a cross remoaner!
Login to get fewer ads

Eu citizens in the UK on 11:08 - Oct 10 with 2126 viewschicoazul

Maybe she thinks claiming refugee status is very very different from freedom of movement within the EU, as so many other people do.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Eu citizens in the UK on 11:13 - Oct 10 with 2105 viewsBlueNomad

Eu citizens in the UK on 11:08 - Oct 10 by chicoazul

Maybe she thinks claiming refugee status is very very different from freedom of movement within the EU, as so many other people do.

If you use the refugee argument Uganda is actually a safe place to return to.........
Eu citizens in the UK on 11:20 - Oct 10 with 2091 viewsEdwardStone

Eu citizens in the UK on 10:33 - Oct 10 by Dyland

They are complete and utter c-units. I'm the least violent person around but I'd find it hard not to smack them round the head if I every had the opportunity. So arrest me, I don't fooking care.

Absolutely this Mr D

In past years I could never understand the deep seated visceral hatred that the 2 factions in N Ireland held for their opposite numbers

How could they nurture such poison for their fellow citizens, surely love conquers all

Now, with Brexit, I am beginning to feel a total and utter rejection of a huge swathe of family and friends who voted Leave; I am slightly ashamed of myself for the anger I feel at their decision but more so with those politicians and leaders who have turned that decision into the living hell that we now see

This situation is causing the most enormous rift in society which seems to show no sign of healing
Eu citizens in the UK on 11:23 - Oct 10 with 2085 viewsjaykay

dont worry [several names redacted] will be along in a minute ,saying its lefties and the board mafia spreading project fear again.
i mean Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson ,Jacob William Rees-Mogg . Nigel Paul Farage are against the elite so all these hard working people have nothing to worry about .

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Eu citizens in the UK on 11:32 - Oct 10 with 2060 viewslongtimefan

Eu citizens in the UK on 10:27 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

I don't disagree with your sentiments but what expense are you referring to? Applying for settled status as an EU citizen is a free online application.
Eu citizens in the UK on 11:38 - Oct 10 with 2043 viewschicoazul

Eu citizens in the UK on 11:20 - Oct 10 by EdwardStone

Absolutely this Mr D

In past years I could never understand the deep seated visceral hatred that the 2 factions in N Ireland held for their opposite numbers

How could they nurture such poison for their fellow citizens, surely love conquers all

Now, with Brexit, I am beginning to feel a total and utter rejection of a huge swathe of family and friends who voted Leave; I am slightly ashamed of myself for the anger I feel at their decision but more so with those politicians and leaders who have turned that decision into the living hell that we now see

This situation is causing the most enormous rift in society which seems to show no sign of healing

It seems a shame you would ostracise your friends and family so, brother. They may be your ideological or political opposites but that doesnt make them your enemies. Resentment is corrosive and awful.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Eu citizens in the UK on 11:41 - Oct 10 with 2032 viewsDyland

Eu citizens in the UK on 11:38 - Oct 10 by chicoazul

It seems a shame you would ostracise your friends and family so, brother. They may be your ideological or political opposites but that doesnt make them your enemies. Resentment is corrosive and awful.

suq

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Eu citizens in the UK on 12:47 - Oct 10 with 1972 viewsBlueBadger

Eu citizens in the UK on 11:23 - Oct 10 by jaykay

dont worry [several names redacted] will be along in a minute ,saying its lefties and the board mafia spreading project fear again.
i mean Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson ,Jacob William Rees-Mogg . Nigel Paul Farage are against the elite so all these hard working people have nothing to worry about .

You can tell how good it's going to be by the amount of faith the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg(moved business to Ireland), Nigel Farage(obtained EU passports for his children), Boris's backers in the City(betting against the pound in the event of a no-deal) and James Dyson(moved his manufacturing base overseas) have put in their country.

Eu citizens in the UK on 13:28 - Oct 10 with 1901 viewsfactual_blue

I imagine she sleeps with armed police protection.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Eu citizens in the UK on 13:34 - Oct 10 with 1881 viewsStokieBlue

Eu citizens in the UK on 12:47 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

You can tell how good it's going to be by the amount of faith the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg(moved business to Ireland), Nigel Farage(obtained EU passports for his children), Boris's backers in the City(betting against the pound in the event of a no-deal) and James Dyson(moved his manufacturing base overseas) have put in their country.

If you really want to get down to it you can lump JRM in with Boris backers given his fund does most of it's business outside the UK and converting back into GBP now yields more returns than at the start of all this nonsense.

JRM himself has done very nicely out of it over the last couple of years and now he's been forced to leave (ministerial code) he can pretend that it never happened as he has no interests in such funds.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Eu citizens in the UK on 14:08 - Oct 10 with 1839 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eu citizens in the UK on 11:20 - Oct 10 by EdwardStone

Absolutely this Mr D

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Eu citizens in the UK on 14:15 - Oct 10 with 1824 viewsDanTheMan

Eu citizens in the UK on 14:08 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

That's a nice story.

It's a shame my personal experience with my family has left me feeling rather alienated and kind of insulted by how little they think of me, or at least how my parents think of me.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024