Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Hislops Fake News: A True History 10:08 - Oct 8 with 851 viewsStokieBlue

This was rather good last night, especially given some of the stuff that is posted or pushed on here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00095hv/ian-hislops-fake-news-a-true-hist

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, just his monologue summary for the last 90 seconds is spot on.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ian Hislops Fake News: A True History on 11:53 - Oct 8 with 770 viewsSwansea_Blue

Excellent programme with some really interesting historical examples, that (hopefully) people can learn from.

Thanks for posting, as I'd have missed it otherwise.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ian Hislops Fake News: A True History on 14:03 - Oct 8 with 713 viewsActionMan

What about the best piece of TWTD fake news ever written, the Dutch consortium put together by a Swansea ST holder who was going to buyout Evans? Does he mention Batistuta signing or the Lazio friendly?
Ian Hislops Fake News: A True History on 15:36 - Oct 8 with 669 viewsOldsmoker

Seeing Hislop Ballet dancing was unnerving - an example of deep fake.
The Tech guy said you can download the tech for free and its simple to use.
That is extremely worrying because anyone can cook something up.
The bit with deep-fake Obama slagging off Trump was good and it shows how this software will take fake news to a new level as I wanted to believe that Obama had said it. Any of the current Democrat candidates for the presidency could be faked and if it is well done, believable and goes viral then it could kill their campaign dead - just like that.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024