Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton --What a guy 10:34 - Oct 5 with 2323 viewstrncbluearmy

“Where, no disrespect to the Ipswich players, if they don’t win the league this year, or even if they do win the league, they’re probably as bad as a group of players as Ipswich have had in a long time. That’s the reality.
“You can see them doing the wave to the crowd after games and the stuff you would worry about them doing 10 games in.
“Do you have the confidence after losing virtually every week for a long period last season?
“A change around of players, players stepping up from League Two into League One, players dropping down the leagues.

“Is it built on solid foundations? I suppose we will find that out on Saturday, because you have a side in Fleetwood Town who are upwardly mobile in terms of momentum.

Up on our dressing room door I think

COYB
Joey Barton --What a guy on 10:38 - Oct 5 with 2281 viewswkj

For all of his many flaws, Barton might well be a masterclass of head games. He doesn't understand a lot about the situation at town with the fans though, so hopefully he will go away thinking about his words after a loss today, although I doubt it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Classic Barton on 10:39 - Oct 5 with 2265 viewsDyland

He's like Steve Evans character wise, which is kind of a shame cos he seems to be a bit better at the football management side of things.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Joey Barton --What a guy on 10:41 - Oct 5 with 2239 views3_5_2

Failing that, he could always stub a cigar out in someones face

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Joey Barton --What a guy on 11:05 - Oct 5 with 2105 viewsParisBlue

Joey Barton --What a guy on 10:38 - Oct 5 by wkj

For all of his many flaws, Barton might well be a masterclass of head games. He doesn't understand a lot about the situation at town with the fans though, so hopefully he will go away thinking about his words after a loss today, although I doubt it.

What he's actually said is that we're playing at our lowest level for 60 years and if we don't win the league this year that makes us the poorest team we've had for a long time.

He has a point. A bit Keanesque in the way he says things.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Joey Barton --What a guy on 11:16 - Oct 5 with 2063 viewswkj

Joey Barton --What a guy on 11:05 - Oct 5 by ParisBlue

What he's actually said is that we're playing at our lowest level for 60 years and if we don't win the league this year that makes us the poorest team we've had for a long time.

Proof that even utter wangs can make a point from time to time.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Joey Barton --What a guy on 11:50 - Oct 5 with 1987 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Team talk done then!!
Joey Barton --What a guy on 12:32 - Oct 5 with 1858 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s probably true (although I’d argue even if we finish third and fail to go up it’s a better group than last year), but it’s an utterly stupid thing to say on the eve of a match

Hopefully those words give us the motivation to come away with three delicious points

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Joey Barton --What a guy on 13:02 - Oct 5 with 1774 viewsChurchman

When somebody says ‘with no disrespect, they mean every disrespect. It’s no different to somebody saying ‘I don’t wish to be rude’ - then promptly be rude.

So he disrespects ITFCs players. Absolutely fine. Team talk sorted then. With no disrespect to Barton, I think he is a odious idiot and wouldn’t want him anywhere near my club.
Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton --What a guy on 13:10 - Oct 5 with 1744 viewsParsley

I think you're being kind to him. He's not said we're playing at the lowest level, he's said it's as bad a group of players as Ipswich have had in a long time. It's targeted directly at the players rather than being a general comment on the team and the club and is pretty disrespectful despite his starting comment.
Joey Barton --What a guy on 13:17 - Oct 5 with 1716 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I cant stand Barton because he is a thug. He is however quite bright and to be honest this isn't the worst attempt.at disrupting another team i've seen. It can backfire but the whole teamtalk done stuff isnt really that effective. He's trying toceffect oir gameplan. If they players dont stick to it and come out just all guns blazing then he has affected it. Pro or negative he has affected it.

All being said i dont actually think it will work.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Joey Barton --What a guy on 14:41 - Oct 5 with 1562 viewsDublinBlue84

Joey Barton --What a guy on 10:38 - Oct 5 by wkj

He's trying to place a doubt in players minds and make them think about last year rather than this year.

It's mind games and pretty good one at that, much as I hate the guy.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Joey Barton --What a guy on 14:55 - Oct 5 with 1501 viewsjaykay

Joey Barton --What a guy on 13:17 - Oct 5 by Terry_Nutkins

I cant stand Barton because he is a thug. He is however quite bright and to be honest this isn't the worst attempt.at disrupting another team i've seen. It can backfire but the whole teamtalk done stuff isnt really that effective. He's trying toceffect oir gameplan. If they players dont stick to it and come out just all guns blazing then he has affected it. Pro or negative he has affected it.

All being said i dont actually think it will work.

no disrespect , i think you may need a proofreader for that post

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Joey Barton --What a guy on 15:01 - Oct 5 with 1469 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What he has said is effectively we will see this afternoon how the worst Ipswich team for over 50 years will fare against the best Fleetwood one ever.

I don't have any issue with any of his comments really. I do think we have a better side than last year. However, until it competes in the Championship it is very difficult to prove the top of League 1 is better than the bottom of the Championship.

As for Barton himself I have never liked the guy and I suspect he will have something else on his mind in a couple of weeks anyway.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Joey Barton --What a guy on 15:23 - Oct 5 with 1410 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Joey Barton --What a guy on 14:55 - Oct 5 by jaykay

no disrespect , i think you may need a proofreader for that post

Fat fingers out and about. Fair point. Sure you got the essence...

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024