Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sound City Ipswich... 08:52 - Oct 5 with 3765 viewshoppy

Who else went?

Absolutely superb night - some great bands. Was well worth the stupidly cheap £15!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Sound City Ipswich... on 09:01 - Oct 5 with 3731 viewsDyland

I didn't, sounds good though.

Was at Islington Assembly Hall last night seeing Magma. It was a relentless and amazing experience. They are magical.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sound City Ipswich... on 09:33 - Oct 5 with 3694 viewsDubtractor

Me! Good to see you mate.

That was an incredible night wasnt it? All good, but the murder capital just about edge best set.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sound City Ipswich... on 10:39 - Oct 5 with 3637 viewshoppy

Sound City Ipswich... on 09:33 - Oct 5 by Dubtractor

Me! Good to see you mate.

That was an incredible night wasnt it? All good, but the murder capital just about edge best set.

Agree with you... was so glad we got into see them. It was The Murder Capital just edging it ahead of W.H.Lung for me, but the rest we saw were all good too.

Good to see you too - thanks for letting me tag along!

Sound City Ipswich... on 11:11 - Oct 5 with 3608 viewsfactual_blue

Sound City Ipswich... on 09:01 - Oct 5 by Dyland

I didn't, sounds good though.

Was at Islington Assembly Hall last night seeing Magma. It was a relentless and amazing experience. They are magical.

Have you caught up with Polaroid Cyanide yet? I think Patrick Campbell-Lyons is the moving force behind them after his 2017 album You're a Cloud, I'm a Comet.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I haven't heard of Polaroid Cyanide (n/t) on 11:32 - Oct 5 with 3589 viewsDyland

Sound City Ipswich... on 11:11 - Oct 5 by factual_blue

Have you caught up with Polaroid Cyanide yet? I think Patrick Campbell-Lyons is the moving force behind them after his 2017 album You're a Cloud, I'm a Comet.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sound City Ipswich... on 17:09 - Oct 6 with 3469 viewsBluish

My brother and I went. I believe we stood in front of you guys in the queue outside the Manor Ballroom for The Murder Capital. I'm so glad we got in, that gig was insanely good! A great event for the town if they can repeat this annually.
Sound City Ipswich... on 19:03 - Oct 6 with 3401 viewsDubtractor

Sound City Ipswich... on 17:09 - Oct 6 by Bluish

My brother and I went. I believe we stood in front of you guys in the queue outside the Manor Ballroom for The Murder Capital. I'm so glad we got in, that gig was insanely good! A great event for the town if they can repeat this annually.

Are the the guys that had come through from Colchester and got a train fine?

That Murder Capital was the best live performance I've seen in Ipswich in some time. I'll try and catch up with Joe and Caitlin this week and see if they are planning on doing it next year - I suspect they will want to!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Sound City Ipswich... on 19:52 - Oct 6 with 3363 viewsBluish

Sound City Ipswich... on 19:03 - Oct 6 by Dubtractor

Are the the guys that had come through from Colchester and got a train fine?

That Murder Capital was the best live performance I've seen in Ipswich in some time. I'll try and catch up with Joe and Caitlin this week and see if they are planning on doing it next year - I suspect they will want to!

No, that wasn't us.

It would be great to see this happen next year. I'll be keeping any eye out for any updates you might have!
Login to get fewer ads

Sound City Ipswich... on 08:13 - Oct 7 with 3240 viewsartsbossbeard

Top night out!

Loved W H Lung, those boys are going places.

I thought the whole vibe around town was great too. I felt quite jaded Saturday morning..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Sound City Ipswich... on 12:23 - Oct 7 with 3140 viewsbluewein

Sound City Ipswich... on 08:13 - Oct 7 by artsbossbeard

Top night out!

Loved W H Lung, those boys are going places.

I thought the whole vibe around town was great too. I felt quite jaded Saturday morning..

Just listening to their album.

Sounds a nice mix of Hookworms and Lcd Soundsystem. Nice stuff...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Sound City Ipswich... on 12:31 - Oct 7 with 3117 viewsDubtractor

Sound City Ipswich... on 12:23 - Oct 7 by bluewein

Just listening to their album.

Sounds a nice mix of Hookworms and Lcd Soundsystem. Nice stuff...

Been onto wh lung for a couple of years (album was a long time in the making). They are brilliant and one of the best live acts in the country right now, only thing that holds them back is that the tunes aren't radio friendly as all on the longer side.

Sound City Ipswich... on 12:38 - Oct 7 with 3104 viewsbluewein

Sound City Ipswich... on 12:31 - Oct 7 by Dubtractor

Been onto wh lung for a couple of years (album was a long time in the making). They are brilliant and one of the best live acts in the country right now, only thing that holds them back is that the tunes aren't radio friendly as all on the longer side.

See they're playing London at Rich Mix at the end of November. If they're as good live as you say they are then I guess I'd better grab myself a ticket...

Sound City Ipswich... on 13:03 - Oct 7 with 3069 viewshoppy

Sound City Ipswich... on 12:38 - Oct 7 by bluewein

See they're playing London at Rich Mix at the end of November. If they're as good live as you say they are then I guess I'd better grab myself a ticket...

Would definitely do that if you can.

The ticket price for Sound City was definitely worth it even if you'd just seen WH Lung... or The Murder Capital alone. To have only paid £15 to have seen them both, amongst the other acts that were on. It was insanely good.

Sound City Ipswich... on 13:18 - Oct 7 with 3037 viewsbluewein

Sound City Ipswich... on 13:03 - Oct 7 by hoppy

Would definitely do that if you can.

The ticket price for Sound City was definitely worth it even if you'd just seen WH Lung... or The Murder Capital alone. To have only paid £15 to have seen them both, amongst the other acts that were on. It was insanely good.

That's that booked up then. Will give the Murder capital a go now...

Sound City Ipswich... on 13:24 - Oct 7 with 3022 viewshoppy

Sound City Ipswich... on 13:18 - Oct 7 by bluewein

They were awesome - my personal best set of the night... they were booked late, so were in the 200 capacity Manor Ballroom instead of the 900 capacity Corn Exchange as at that stage to have put them there would've meant moving someone elsewhere to accommodate that happening. As it was, a crowd of 200 people were treated to an awesome show!

EDIT: and I'm not even going to edit the fact I used the word 'awesome' twice in that post!
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 13:26]

Sound City Ipswich... on 20:09 - Oct 7 with 2905 viewsBlue_Order

Aye, it was a great night. Reckon they’ll do it again next year?

Apologies to anyone on here I might have spoken to, I was bolloxed. Ended up out until about 4pm Saturday, just about feeling normal again now. Getting too old for that kind of carry-on.

The Murder Capital were tremendous.
Sound City Ipswich... on 20:11 - Oct 7 with 2899 viewsBlue_Order

Sound City Ipswich... on 13:18 - Oct 7 by bluewein

Give this a watch mate. It’s fücking brilliant.

Sound City Ipswich... on 20:21 - Oct 7 with 2875 viewsBLUEBEAT

Sound City Ipswich... on 20:11 - Oct 7 by Blue_Order

What a tiny drum kit.

That intro reminds me of ‘Warriors’ by The Blitz.

Only very slightly, mind.

Poll: W or W

Sound City Ipswich... on 20:26 - Oct 7 with 2872 viewsDubtractor

Sound City Ipswich... on 20:11 - Oct 7 by Blue_Order

This too!

Sound City Ipswich... on 11:37 - Oct 8 with 2744 viewsstjohnsblue

Sound City Ipswich... on 20:09 - Oct 7 by Blue_Order

Aye, it was a great night. Reckon they’ll do it again next year?

Apologies to anyone on here I might have spoken to, I was bolloxed. Ended up out until about 4pm Saturday, just about feeling normal again now. Getting too old for that kind of carry-on.

The Murder Capital were tremendous.

Glad so many people enjoyed it! The bands had a blast too with many wanting to come back.

We'll have our Independent Venue Week 2020 Smokehouse Presents shows at the end of January. Some great bands in line for that and we totally intend to do the festival again next year. The reaction across the board has been so positive and I personally enjoyed seeing people pouring into the Corn Exchange after having their brains altered by The Murder Capital.

One of the (many) reasons we put SCI on was to put this on to road test whether people would come out and also highlight the need for a larger venue in Ipswich...which is very evident. There's no step ladder to the Corn Exchange. We have The Smokehouse (88), Steamboat (150ish), Manor (200)....then a great chasm! The Rep is possible, but not workable on this occasion. Even with that, there would still be a void from 350cap-750.

Highlights for me were 3 songs from W.H. Lung, Dingus and Snapped Ankles. Had to stay on the door at the Corn Exh so didn't get to catch anything else. I'll have fun editing the videos though!

Well done Ipswich! Amazing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024