Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe teachers... 11:32 - Oct 4 with 7884 viewschicoazul

....are making schools deliberately bad at educating children so that they themselves can earn more money?

https://www.suttontrust.com/research-paper/private-tuition-polling-2019/

TLDR; A quarter of secondary school teachers have taken on private tuition outside school in the past two years, according to new polling published by the Sutton Trust today.
Or in other words schools are so bad at teaching children that teachers now do it outside of school hours (for money).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Maybe teachers... on 11:36 - Oct 4 with 3254 viewssurreyblue

Or maybe teachers are underpaid and they take on extra work outside of school hours to help boost it up to more comfortable levels?
Maybe teachers... on 11:41 - Oct 4 with 3241 viewsChurchman

I am married to somebody who was a primary school teacher. I wouldn’t have their job for all the tea in China.
Maybe teachers... on 11:42 - Oct 4 with 3234 viewschicoazul

Maybe teachers... on 11:36 - Oct 4 by surreyblue

Or maybe teachers are underpaid and they take on extra work outside of school hours to help boost it up to more comfortable levels?

Cannot agree teachers are underpaid. At my local primary the average wage for a teacher is 35k per the most recently published salary figures on gov.uk, and this does not include the pension teachers enjoy. This is 7k above the average salary for a salaried worker in my area.

EDIT; 38k, not 35k.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 12:10]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Maybe teachers... on 11:44 - Oct 4 with 3223 viewswkj

Teachers are only as good as the syllabus they are given to teach. So the problem with quality of teaching is not with the teacher being Alpha and Omega to the issue.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Maybe teachers... on 11:46 - Oct 4 with 3214 viewschicoazul

Maybe teachers... on 11:44 - Oct 4 by wkj

Teachers are only as good as the syllabus they are given to teach. So the problem with quality of teaching is not with the teacher being Alpha and Omega to the issue.

Surely this is not true, otherwise all teachers who teach the national curriculum would be exactly as good or bad as each other.

Maybe teachers... on 11:46 - Oct 4 with 3211 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe teachers... on 11:42 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

Cannot agree teachers are underpaid. At my local primary the average wage for a teacher is 35k per the most recently published salary figures on gov.uk, and this does not include the pension teachers enjoy. This is 7k above the average salary for a salaried worker in my area.

EDIT; 38k, not 35k.

Yeah they're only educating the next generation, spending more time with kids than a lot of parents. Wouldn't want them to be well paid in order to attract excellent candidates. It's not like they're doing anything of real importance like estate agents or CV wranglers I suppose.

And yes I know you're trolling, but some of the numpties on here will be encouraged by your daftness.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Maybe teachers... on 11:48 - Oct 4 with 3203 viewschicoazul

Maybe teachers... on 11:46 - Oct 4 by SpruceMoose

Yeah they're only educating the next generation, spending more time with kids than a lot of parents. Wouldn't want them to be well paid in order to attract excellent candidates. It's not like they're doing anything of real importance like estate agents or CV wranglers I suppose.

And yes I know you're trolling, but some of the numpties on here will be encouraged by your daftness.

What? Teachers are not underpaid, that's all I said. Anything else is your usual straw man insanity. You must try to take things less personally.

Maybe teachers... on 11:51 - Oct 4 with 3192 viewsGuthrum

Or it's an issue with cramming for exams (and league table ratings) having become more important than education.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Maybe teachers... on 11:57 - Oct 4 with 3166 viewshomer_123

Maybe teachers... on 11:48 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

What? Teachers are not underpaid, that's all I said. Anything else is your usual straw man insanity. You must try to take things less personally.

They are underpaid, not appreciated, do not get the respect they deserve and more.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Maybe teachers... on 12:00 - Oct 4 with 3155 viewsGuthrum

Maybe teachers... on 11:42 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

EDIT; 38k, not 35k.

Presuming you're taking the figure from the 2018 School Workforce Census, the average gross salary figure includes those in leadership roles (e.g. the Principal). Take those out and the number will go down significantly.

Maybe teachers... on 12:01 - Oct 4 with 3154 viewsChurchman

Maybe teachers... on 11:44 - Oct 4 by wkj

My misses left in the end because the national curriculum, idiotic demands, league tables, testing etc etc meant that actually teaching children became more and more difficult. They work under significant pressure and responsibility and do long hours, in my experience. They are worth every penny of what they get.

Teaching is a profession and vocation and has been booted around as a political football for years. Each party claiming this or that through results for their own gain, at the expense of children.

Rant over
Maybe teachers... on 12:01 - Oct 4 with 3155 viewschicoazul

Maybe teachers... on 11:57 - Oct 4 by homer_123

They are underpaid, not appreciated, do not get the respect they deserve and more.

Why do you think they are underpaid?

Unqualified/trainee teacher: £17,208 — £27,216
Teacher (average pay range): £23,720 — £35,008
Teacher (upper pay range): £36,646 — £39,406

These are highly respectable salaries, and the pension benefits they enjoy are also good, to say nothing of the personal fulfilment I imagine that kind of job can offer. There are very few trainee jobs that could pay you 24k, for instance.

Maybe teachers... on 12:04 - Oct 4 with 3131 viewsHerbivore

Maybe teachers... on 12:01 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

These are highly respectable salaries, and the pension benefits they enjoy are also good, to say nothing of the personal fulfilment I imagine that kind of job can offer. There are very few trainee jobs that could pay you 24k, for instance.

They really aren't respectable salaries for the work they have to do.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Maybe teachers... on 12:06 - Oct 4 with 3134 viewsdirtyboy

Maybe teachers... on 12:01 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

They work incredibly hard for 5 hours a day and a paltry 10 weeks holiday a year.

I jest, I hate kids, give them all a payrise.
Maybe teachers... on 12:06 - Oct 4 with 3133 viewswkj

Maybe teachers... on 11:46 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

Surely this is not true, otherwise all teachers who teach the national curriculum would be exactly as good or bad as each other.

That isn't quite what my post implies. It implies that the teacher isnt the only marker of education quality.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Maybe teachers... on 12:08 - Oct 4 with 3128 viewschicoazul

Maybe teachers... on 12:00 - Oct 4 by Guthrum

Presuming you're taking the figure from the 2018 School Workforce Census, the average gross salary figure includes those in leadership roles (e.g. the Principal). Take those out and the number will go down significantly.

"Average salary per full-time equivalent
This is the mean FTE gross salary of all teachers with a contract of one month or longer working in the school. This is a change from previous years to include part-time and unqualified teachers which better reflects average teacher salary."

Implies this does not include the Head, no?

Maybe teachers... on 12:08 - Oct 4 with 3123 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe teachers... on 11:36 - Oct 4 by surreyblue

This is the correct and non silly answer.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Maybe teachers... on 12:11 - Oct 4 with 3101 viewsHerbivore

Maybe teachers... on 12:08 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

This is the mean FTE gross salary of all teachers with a contract of one month or longer working in the school. This is a change from previous years to include part-time and unqualified teachers which better reflects average teacher salary."

It doesn't imply that at all, no.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 12:12]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Maybe teachers... on 12:14 - Oct 4 with 3097 viewsGuthrum

Maybe teachers... on 12:08 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

Quite the opposite. They are a contracted teacher same as the rest.

Maybe teachers... on 12:15 - Oct 4 with 3089 viewsmrshallisfit

Maybe teachers... on 11:48 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

That's not all you said. However, all of it was complete guff and partly a symptom of what is so wrong and dumb about present day debate and society.
Maybe teachers... on 12:16 - Oct 4 with 3087 viewsSpruceMoose

This thread has not gone well for dear old Chickers.

Maybe teachers... on 12:17 - Oct 4 with 3087 viewschicoazul

Maybe teachers... on 12:14 - Oct 4 by Guthrum

Quite the opposite. They are a contracted teacher same as the rest.

How do you know this? Am i missing something? I cannot find confirmation of this anywhere.

Maybe teachers... on 12:19 - Oct 4 with 3076 viewschicoazul

Maybe teachers... on 12:15 - Oct 4 by mrshallisfit

That's not all you said. However, all of it was complete guff and partly a symptom of what is so wrong and dumb about present day debate and society.

"Cannot agree teachers are underpaid. At my local primary the average wage for a teacher is 35k per the most recently published salary figures on gov.uk, and this does not include the pension teachers enjoy. This is 7k above the average salary for a salaried worker in my area.

EDIT; 38k, not 35k."

What part of that factual information is "guff" since that is my answer to the posit that "teachers are underpaid" specifically?

Maybe teachers... on 12:20 - Oct 4 with 3070 viewsBlueBadger

Maybe teachers... on 12:16 - Oct 4 by SpruceMoose

This thread has not gone well for dear old Chickers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Chickers forms his opinions like particularly stupid dogs chase squirrels. He flushes them out of the bushes, chases them up a tree and then barks up at them, unaware of how daft he looks and how pointless the whole exercise is.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 14:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Maybe teachers... on 12:22 - Oct 4 with 3055 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe teachers... on 12:19 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

"Cannot agree teachers are underpaid. At my local primary the average wage for a teacher is 35k per the most recently published salary figures on gov.uk, and this does not include the pension teachers enjoy. This is 7k above the average salary for a salaried worker in my area.

EDIT; 38k, not 35k."

What part of that factual information is "guff" since that is my answer to the posit that "teachers are underpaid" specifically?

"Or in other words schools are so bad at teaching children that teachers now do it outside of school hours (for money)."

This part was particularly guffy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024