Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 11:31 - Oct 4 with 4544 viewsBrixtonBlue

How the hell am I going to avoid the worst of the rush hour traffic?

[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 15:39]

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:33 - Oct 4 with 2326 viewsfooters

Travelling at rush hour probably won't help.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:33 - Oct 4 with 2326 viewswkj

The secret of avoiding 5pm rush hour traffic on a Friday in and around london is more complex than how the memory is stored in the brain. Please try to keep to 1 mentally exhausting thread per week.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:35 - Oct 4 with 2300 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You wont.

The M60 and M6 will be an absolute bitch!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:36 - Oct 4 with 2299 viewschicoazul

Don't travel at rush hour.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:36 - Oct 4 with 2301 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:33 - Oct 4 by wkj

The secret of avoiding 5pm rush hour traffic on a Friday in and around london is more complex than how the memory is stored in the brain. Please try to keep to 1 mentally exhausting thread per week.

He won't have any London traffic to deal with.

Edit - I thought he said from Clitheroe to Brixton.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 11:52]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:36 - Oct 4 with 2302 viewsBrixtonBlue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:33 - Oct 4 by footers

Travelling at rush hour probably won't help.

What I mean is, is there a way to minimise it?

I guess once I'm out of London and on the M4 it won't be tooo bad?!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:37 - Oct 4 with 2291 viewsfooters

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:36 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

Have a few pints before you set off. That should kill a bit of time.

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:38 - Oct 4 with 2290 viewsBrixtonBlue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:36 - Oct 4 by chicoazul

Don't travel at rush hour.

Yes, people have already made that joke.

If I want to get there before midnight (and I don't have the day off work) I'm not entirely sure it's possible.

Login to get fewer ads

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:39 - Oct 4 with 2279 viewsBrixtonBlue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:37 - Oct 4 by footers

Have a few pints before you set off. That should kill a bit of time.

Good advice. Time doesn't seem to drag so much when you're pissed.

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:41 - Oct 4 with 2275 viewsfooters

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:39 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

Good advice. Time doesn't seem to drag so much when you're pissed.

Do you really have to drive? Whenever I go up to Clitheroe I just go by train to Manchester then onto Burnley. You'd easily get there before midnight, although it would be expensive on the day of course.

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:43 - Oct 4 with 2263 viewsBrixtonBlue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:41 - Oct 4 by footers

Do you really have to drive? Whenever I go up to Clitheroe I just go by train to Manchester then onto Burnley. You'd easily get there before midnight, although it would be expensive on the day of course.

And that's the reason I'm driving. We couldn't book train tickets in advance as we didn't know what I'd be up to job-wise.

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:08 - Oct 4 with 2218 viewsm14_blue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:35 - Oct 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

You wont.

The M60 and M6 will be an absolute bitch!!

Should be alright by the time he’s up here.
Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:13 - Oct 4 with 2202 viewsGuthrum

Set off at 6pm. Will probably arrive the same time, but not spend so long stationary in traffic.

When visiting a mate in Croydon, sometimes used to go Purley-Epsom-Hampden Court-Staines-past the end of Heathrow runway-A4 as being closer in than the M25 and clearer than the South Circular. Heading out on the M4, you could then cut north on the A404 to the M40 and be away.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:14 - Oct 4 with 2195 viewsclive_baker

Clit. Funny innit.

I’m staying with friends a few miles outside Stafford tonight, breaking the journey up. We’re going to get right drunk tonight so I’m more nervous about the last 2 hours tomorrow tbh.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 12:16]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:17 - Oct 4 with 2177 viewsGuthrum

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:08 - Oct 4 by m14_blue

Should be alright by the time he’s up here.

The M6 is a pig at the best of times, with all the roadworks.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:21 - Oct 4 with 2157 viewsclive_baker

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:17 - Oct 4 by Guthrum

The M6 is a pig at the best of times, with all the roadworks.

Yeah the average speed bit is horrible.

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:22 - Oct 4 with 2157 viewsBlueBadger

Leave later. You'll probably get there around the same time if you're doing it in lighter traffic than if you left in rush hour traffic.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:28 - Oct 4 with 2139 viewsclive_baker

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:43 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

And that's the reason I'm driving. We couldn't book train tickets in advance as we didn't know what I'd be up to job-wise.

Have you considered flying from Stansted?

You could park at Gatwick.

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:32 - Oct 4 with 2135 viewspimballwizard

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:36 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

Go for it !!

Everybody loves a clit hero.
Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:59 - Oct 4 with 2096 viewsBlueBadger

Do you *have* to go tonight? Could you get away with setting out at say, 6, tomorrow morning?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 13:03 - Oct 4 with 2086 viewsNewcyBlue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:38 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

Yes, people have already made that joke.

If I want to get there before midnight (and I don't have the day off work) I'm not entirely sure it's possible.

That’s really not a joke mate.

Avoid rush hour traffic by not being in it.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 13:06 - Oct 4 with 2080 viewsfactual_blue

Park at Gatwick.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 13:08 - Oct 4 with 2078 viewsfactual_blue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:41 - Oct 4 by footers

Are you the Clitheroe Kid?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 13:10 - Oct 4 with 2076 viewsfooters

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 13:08 - Oct 4 by factual_blue

Are you the Clitheroe Kid?

Close.

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 13:10 - Oct 4 with 2072 viewsfactual_blue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:22 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

Leave later. You'll probably get there around the same time if you're doing it in lighter traffic than if you left in rush hour traffic.

Or borrow a police car, and blues and twos all the way.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024