Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days 16:23 - Oct 3 with 2186 viewsSpruceMoose

He has utterly shït the bed. Ranting and raving like a cheap mafia boss in the presser with Sauli Niinistö yesterday and now today brings another gift.

He's just been on live TV calling for foreign leaders to investigate his political enemies based on nothing, while at the same time he's in the middle of impeachment proceedings against him for, you guessed it, calling on foreign leaders to investigate his political enemies.

Like a Tweet I just read says, that's like Nixon going on TV and saying he ordered the break ins. Staggering stuff.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Beyond satire on 16:30 - Oct 3 with 1611 viewsDyland

ntsh

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 16:37 - Oct 3 with 1598 viewsStokieBlue

It doesn't really matter what he says anymore.

It's going to take a fairly substantial number of Republicans in the Senate to turn against him in order to impeach him. I doubt they will want that to happen, especially so close to the next presidential campaign.

I might be wrong though, I don't know the mood in the country.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 16:42 - Oct 3 with 1580 viewsmonytowbray

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 16:37 - Oct 3 by StokieBlue

It's going to take a fairly substantial number of Republicans in the Senate to turn against him in order to impeach him. I doubt they will want that to happen, especially so close to the next presidential campaign.

SB

Too many Pro-Trump people no matter what. He could kill a baby on live TV whilst doing Nazi salutes and w@nking on a photo of George Washington and they'd either pretend it didn't happen or say "He's just telling it how it is".

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Also showing signs of actual derangement on 16:48 - Oct 3 with 1566 viewsDyland

Isn't that a legal reason to remove someone from office?

It's beyond subjective or "fine lines" now, surely.

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 16:50 - Oct 3 with 1553 viewsDyland

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 16:42 - Oct 3 by monytowbray

Too many Pro-Trump people no matter what. He could kill a baby on live TV whilst doing Nazi salutes and w@nking on a photo of George Washington and they'd either pretend it didn't happen or say "He's just telling it how it is".

So what?

He's broken the law, as has his VP.

It's beyond ridiculous. Where are people's moral compass? The situation with Johnson over here is not that dissimilar.

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 16:51 - Oct 3 with 1549 viewsfooters

Obama was colluding with Kenya for years, but you don't hear anyone talking about that.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Also showing signs of actual derangement on 16:52 - Oct 3 with 1549 viewsStokieBlue

Also showing signs of actual derangement on 16:48 - Oct 3 by Dyland

Isn't that a legal reason to remove someone from office?

It's beyond subjective or "fine lines" now, surely.

It still has the follow the process I believe.

SB

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 16:56 - Oct 3 with 1536 viewsActionMan

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 16:42 - Oct 3 by monytowbray

A bit like you with Corbyn then?

Your stupidity is no less stupid than theirs.
Login to get fewer ads

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:00 - Oct 3 with 1526 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 16:56 - Oct 3 by ActionMan

You're clearly talking about things here of which you have no understanding. You should be quiet and learn something.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Also showing signs of actual derangement on 17:02 - Oct 3 with 1520 viewsfooters

Also showing signs of actual derangement on 16:52 - Oct 3 by StokieBlue

SB

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:03 - Oct 3 with 1517 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 16:37 - Oct 3 by StokieBlue

SB

I don't think this is about having the senate remove him to be honest. Not only if it is the right and ethical thing to do, and politically there maybe be an upside. A line in the sand needs to be drawn, regardless of whether the people who are being investigated respect it or not.

Trump has his base. They will vote for him no matter what. There are a large number of people who voted for Obama and then went and voted for Trump though, as weird as that sounds. The Dems need them back if they want to win in 2020. If this is in the news every day between now and then, if Trump is this raving after only a few days, then that could have a serious impact if he's still in full blown meltdown or worse months from now.

I genuinely see no downside for them in attempting to hold Trump to account. They also get the Republicans on record as backing him, in the face of all the lies and corruption.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 17:05]

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:10 - Oct 3 with 1491 viewsStokieBlue

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:03 - Oct 3 by SpruceMoose

I don't think this is about having the senate remove him to be honest. Not only if it is the right and ethical thing to do, and politically there maybe be an upside. A line in the sand needs to be drawn, regardless of whether the people who are being investigated respect it or not.

Trump has his base. They will vote for him no matter what. There are a large number of people who voted for Obama and then went and voted for Trump though, as weird as that sounds. The Dems need them back if they want to win in 2020. If this is in the news every day between now and then, if Trump is this raving after only a few days, then that could have a serious impact if he's still in full blown meltdown or worse months from now.

I genuinely see no downside for them in attempting to hold Trump to account. They also get the Republicans on record as backing him, in the face of all the lies and corruption.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 17:05]

They should definitely try and make sure everything is known to the public but I don't think they can actually get him impeached.

As you say, even if they fail it will all help to try and ensure he's not re-elected in 2020.

SB

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:16 - Oct 3 with 1474 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:10 - Oct 3 by StokieBlue

They should definitely try and make sure everything is known to the public but I don't think they can actually get him impeached.

As you say, even if they fail it will all help to try and ensure he's not re-elected in 2020.

SB

Agreed. I would say that there is a zero percent chance of getting impeachment through the senate. The GOP are all in with their man, and I've no doubt that a large number are up to their necks in this with him.

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:17 - Oct 3 with 1468 viewsBackToRussia

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 16:56 - Oct 3 by ActionMan

Whereas yours tops the lot.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:19 - Oct 3 with 1462 viewswkj

Wreck the shop, WRECK THE EFFING SHOP

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:21 - Oct 3 with 1456 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:19 - Oct 3 by wkj

Wreck the shop, WRECK THE EFFING SHOP

Well if it isn't our resident very stable genius...

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:21 - Oct 3 with 1455 viewswkj

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:17 - Oct 3 by BackToRussia

Whereas yours tops the lot.

It amazes me how much evil Corbyn does in the world despite not being in power. The madness of life.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:22 - Oct 3 with 1455 viewsEireannach_gorm

He will be losing his head next.

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:23 - Oct 3 with 1452 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 17:21 - Oct 3 by wkj

It amazes me how much evil Corbyn does in the world despite not being in power. The madness of life.

Who knew he was behind Trump's deranged behaviour (other than Hamstead and ActionMan that is)?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 17:23]

Trump has been fantastic viewing the last few days on 18:19 - Oct 3 with 1394 viewsconnorscontract

The new News of the last 24 hours is that Pence is implicated. He was directly involved in relaying the message, in person, to the Ukrainian President following the phone call.

This means that if Trump goes down for this, Pence will too.

Which means that the Speaker of the House would become President.

Which is Nancy Pelosi, who is a Democrat.

There is no way the Republican Senators will vote "Guilty" with that as the outcome!

So, bizarrely, coming out with the news that "We didn't just make one phone call, we also backed it up in person" has made Trump safer.

It's possible, I guess, that a deal will be done back-stage where Pence agrees to launch the removal of Trump on health grounds in exchange for the Impeachment process being abandoned, but would the Democrats agree to that?
Also showing signs of actual derangement on 18:32 - Oct 3 with 1355 viewsSwansea_Blue

Also showing signs of actual derangement on 16:52 - Oct 3 by StokieBlue

SB

So they can find sufficient evidence of wrongdoing and vote to impeach him, but if they then don’t reach a two-thirds majority (unlikely in a two party House) to convict him he stays in office?

That’s bonkers. Where would be the law agencies in all this?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Also showing signs of actual derangement on 18:40 - Oct 3 with 1344 viewsSpruceMoose

Also showing signs of actual derangement on 18:32 - Oct 3 by Swansea_Blue

So they can find sufficient evidence of wrongdoing and vote to impeach him, but if they then don’t reach a two-thirds majority (unlikely in a two party House) to convict him he stays in office?

Impeachable actions aren't always illegal actions, if you catch my drift.

High crimes and misdemeanors are the focus. Although legal crimes can also be high crimes, not all high crimes are illegal.

Also showing signs of actual derangement on 18:43 - Oct 3 with 1339 viewsconnorscontract

Also showing signs of actual derangement on 18:32 - Oct 3 by Swansea_Blue

Nowhere, as they aren't allowed to arrest or charge a sitting President.

Them's the rules!

Just goes to show that a written Constitution isn't all that it is cracked up to be, because it assumes that the Senate will vote honourably and impartially based on the facts before them.
Also showing signs of actual derangement on 18:51 - Oct 3 with 1310 viewsSpruceMoose

Also showing signs of actual derangement on 18:43 - Oct 3 by connorscontract

Nowhere, as they aren't allowed to arrest or charge a sitting President.

Them's the rules!

Just goes to show that a written Constitution isn't all that it is cracked up to be, because it assumes that the Senate will vote honourably and impartially based on the facts before them.

Who would have thought sticking dogmatically to a 232 year old document could have its downsides!?

Also showing signs of actual derangement on 18:54 - Oct 3 with 1303 viewsconnorscontract

Also showing signs of actual derangement on 18:51 - Oct 3 by SpruceMoose

Who would have thought sticking dogmatically to a 232 year old document could have its downsides!?

I like the ones who are fundamentalists for the Amendments best, and act like they are set in stone and can't possibly be changed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024