Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend sold out on general 09:05 - Oct 2 with 4985 viewsKeaneish

9:03 and they’re gone! Must have more Gold members than we thought.
Re-sale it is then...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Southend sold out on general on 09:08 - Oct 2 with 4007 viewsbluelagos

You reckon? I just bought one after a minute ago :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Southend sold out on general on 09:09 - Oct 2 with 3974 viewsITFC_Forever

ST, not general sale.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Southend sold out on general on 09:14 - Oct 2 with 3914 viewsbluelagos

You could also phone up as they were selling some (for those who want to sit) via ticket office rather than online.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Southend sold out on general on 09:18 - Oct 2 with 3856 viewskizaitfc

Reckon a few bought gold cards yesterday, I did as for £15 it was worth the hassle getting them today and for future away games

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Southend sold out on general on 09:19 - Oct 2 with 3839 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

Southend sold out on general on 09:08 - Oct 2 by bluelagos

You reckon? I just bought one after a minute ago :-)

Me too, but about 5 mins not 1..

Poll: How would you kill a budgie?

Southend sold out on general on 09:24 - Oct 2 with 3779 viewsDublinBlue84

Southend sold out on general on 09:18 - Oct 2 by kizaitfc

Reckon a few bought gold cards yesterday, I did as for £15 it was worth the hassle getting them today and for future away games

That's what I did, there was nowhere near a thousand tickets around today, just a few.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Southend sold out on general on 09:36 - Oct 2 with 3685 viewscooperd5

Sold out now, even for ST holders. Shame they didnt start earlier today as I was working at 4am but not available then..
Southend sold out on general on 09:38 - Oct 2 with 3660 viewsKeaneish

Southend sold out on general on 09:19 - Oct 2 by I_LOVE_GOLLOB

Me too, but about 5 mins not 1..

Got placed in a queue and then they sold out. Bought a Gold Card as its only going to get worse as the season progresses. Re-sale it is. They’re pretty on it in the ticket office though. Sorted me one in the re-sale for Gillingham quite quickly.

Login to get fewer ads

Southend sold out on general on 09:42 - Oct 2 with 3611 viewsflimflam

Southend sold out on general on 09:38 - Oct 2 by Keaneish

Got placed in a queue and then they sold out. Bought a Gold Card as its only going to get worse as the season progresses. Re-sale it is. They’re pretty on it in the ticket office though. Sorted me one in the re-sale for Gillingham quite quickly.

All it means is a mass rumble for tickets on day 1 of gold card sales.

Bit of a gravy train for the club and really should be an upper limit on numbers sold as should guarantee you a ticket as that is the sole purpose of gold cards.

If gold card members start to not get tickets then they are pointless.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 9:45]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Southend sold out on general on 09:42 - Oct 2 with 3609 viewsevansblue

How does the re-sale work? Do you have to call in to the club shop or ring up
Southend sold out on general on 09:45 - Oct 2 with 3602 viewstrncbluearmy

There gonna have to put a stop on gold card sales at some point

Been a godsend for our group, of the 11 gold cards we have that doubles up on what we had last season follow that through reckon there must be near on 2000 holders now
Southend sold out on general on 09:57 - Oct 2 with 3526 viewsTJS

Same here.
I gave up buying a Gold card about 10 years ago when Norwich away had the letter priority and you never needed it for any other game.
I might get one again now although I’m a little uncomfortable with the fact the club are selling them mid-season as it’s effectively saying “you can have a ticket for Southend if you pay £15.00 above the face value”
Southend sold out on general on 10:05 - Oct 2 with 3463 viewsMrTown

How does re-sale work, do you have to just constantly ring up to see if tickets have been returned. Or leave a number and join the back of the queue.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Southend sold out on general on 10:06 - Oct 2 with 3453 viewsKeaneish

Southend sold out on general on 09:42 - Oct 2 by evansblue

How does the re-sale work? Do you have to call in to the club shop or ring up

I've emailed them and left a message with my customer number asking them to contact me with any returns they get. Got a quick response about 3 days before Gillingham so we may have to wait until nearer the time but at least it's logged and i should be first up given i logged a message at 9:05am!

Southend sold out on general on 10:07 - Oct 2 with 3455 viewsTractorWood

I bought a couple of gold cards a few weeks ago. You get a free ticket, goody bag and a few free beers. No brainer.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Southend sold out on general on 10:07 - Oct 2 with 3446 viewsKeaneish

Southend sold out on general on 10:05 - Oct 2 by MrTown

How does re-sale work, do you have to just constantly ring up to see if tickets have been returned. Or leave a number and join the back of the queue.

The latter. Tickets will be returned i dribs and drabs i imagine so its a case of phoning up or leaving an email with the ticket office.

Southend sold out on general on 10:13 - Oct 2 with 3419 viewsbluelady

Southend sold out on general on 10:07 - Oct 2 by Keaneish

The latter. Tickets will be returned i dribs and drabs i imagine so its a case of phoning up or leaving an email with the ticket office.

Just been told by club not expecting any returns at all... gutted as I was on line at 9 had two in my basket but then kept saying I already had two (which I didn’t) glitch with the system evidently
Southend sold out on general on 10:22 - Oct 2 with 3370 viewsclive_baker

Southend sold out on general on 10:13 - Oct 2 by bluelady

Just been told by club not expecting any returns at all... gutted as I was on line at 9 had two in my basket but then kept saying I already had two (which I didn’t) glitch with the system evidently

They say that to stop people calling up every 2 minutes. Why would they 'expect' returns? Peoples circumstances change and 3 and a bit weeks is a long time, they will inevitably get a handful or returns but not loads I would imagine. Worth the odd call to check from my experience.

I don't have a gold card and didn't try at 9am but I think I've managed to get a pair through the back door.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Southend sold out on general on 10:54 - Oct 2 with 3233 viewsbluelady

Southend sold out on general on 10:22 - Oct 2 by clive_baker

They say that to stop people calling up every 2 minutes. Why would they 'expect' returns? Peoples circumstances change and 3 and a bit weeks is a long time, they will inevitably get a handful or returns but not loads I would imagine. Worth the odd call to check from my experience.

I don't have a gold card and didn't try at 9am but I think I've managed to get a pair through the back door.

He just said normally they would but for such a popular and close to home game people tend to pass on to family and friends. I guess no chance we get allocated more ?
Southend sold out on general on 13:28 - Oct 2 with 2925 viewsPendejo

Southend sold out on general on 09:36 - Oct 2 by cooperd5

Sold out now, even for ST holders. Shame they didnt start earlier today as I was working at 4am but not available then..

I tried @ 08:30 and got a message about not being a GC holder.

Although the internet is a 24/7 market place [unless disrupted by ransomware] apparantly someone has to flick a switch when the offices open at 09:00.

Think Sarfend better get ready for an influx of new fans, many of us live far away from Suffolk

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Southend sold out on general on 13:31 - Oct 2 with 2902 viewsPendejo

Southend sold out on general on 13:28 - Oct 2 by Pendejo

Although the internet is a 24/7 market place [unless disrupted by ransomware] apparantly someone has to flick a switch when the offices open at 09:00.

Think Sarfend better get ready for an influx of new fans, many of us live far away from Suffolk

https://ticketing.southend-united.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productHome.as

hmm need a previous purchase.... does a stick of rock on the front count?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Southend sold out on general on 13:34 - Oct 2 with 2881 viewsPJH

Southend sold out on general on 13:28 - Oct 2 by Pendejo

Yes, tickets only go on sale online just after 0900 as each new priority group is reached because apparently someone does have to manually trigger it.

Obviously if you are in one of the groups that is already on sale then you can buy online at any time.
Southend sold out on general on 13:36 - Oct 2 with 2866 viewskizaitfc

Southend sold out on general on 09:57 - Oct 2 by TJS

Same here.
I gave up buying a Gold card about 10 years ago when Norwich away had the letter priority and you never needed it for any other game.
I might get one again now although I’m a little uncomfortable with the fact the club are selling them mid-season as it’s effectively saying “you can have a ticket for Southend if you pay £15.00 above the face value”

Not sure that is what they are saying, the gold card has been available since the start of the season and gives various benefits including a free ticket to a home game of your choice (already pays for itself) and 50% off coach travel for one away game.

TBH, I didn't buy one at first as I was unsure how the demand for away tickets would go, but it now seems silly not to buy a gold card if you are looking to go to away games.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Southend sold out on general on 14:25 - Oct 2 with 2748 viewsITFC_Forever

Southend sold out on general on 13:36 - Oct 2 by kizaitfc

Not sure that is what they are saying, the gold card has been available since the start of the season and gives various benefits including a free ticket to a home game of your choice (already pays for itself) and 50% off coach travel for one away game.

TBH, I didn't buy one at first as I was unsure how the demand for away tickets would go, but it now seems silly not to buy a gold card if you are looking to go to away games.

We've always had them, since they were first introduced around 20 years ago.

Been invaluable over the years, but the annoying thing could now be that too many people have got them, thus reducing their effect.

In theory, the club should cap Ultimate Members + GC Holders to the capacity of the smallest away allocation we will receive (Wimbledon, 750).

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Southend sold out on general on 14:41 - Oct 2 with 2716 viewsPJH

Southend sold out on general on 14:25 - Oct 2 by ITFC_Forever

We've always had them, since they were first introduced around 20 years ago.

Been invaluable over the years, but the annoying thing could now be that too many people have got them, thus reducing their effect.

In theory, the club should cap Ultimate Members + GC Holders to the capacity of the smallest away allocation we will receive (Wimbledon, 750).

Things have rapidly changed from "What is the point of a Gold Card?" to "Must have a Gold Card".

I have had one for as long as I can remember, possibly as long as you have.

The fact that there has recently been a big run on them sort of reduces their value but hopefully when necessary the club will take into account previous away games attended.

If not, on occasions, the ITFC Direct site will be crashing just after 0900 when tickets go on sale to GC holders.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024