Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brussels 19:45 - Oct 1 with 1194 viewsm14_blue

Any good for a weekend break?

Want some interesting sights and easy to get around, doesn't need great nightlife.
Brussels on 19:49 - Oct 1 with 1187 viewsBluefish

It is great for it and the nightlife is also brilliant. Bruges is recommended for more day sightseeing though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Brussels on 19:53 - Oct 1 with 1169 viewsm14_blue

Brussels on 19:49 - Oct 1 by Bluefish

It is great for it and the nightlife is also brilliant. Bruges is recommended for more day sightseeing though

Sounds good, will also have a look at Bruges.

Cheers
Brussels on 19:56 - Oct 1 with 1163 viewsBluefish

Brussels on 19:53 - Oct 1 by m14_blue

Sounds good, will also have a look at Bruges.

Cheers

Both are easy drives as well if you fancy doing it that way. Bruges is closer by car but Brussels is closer by Eurostar. Give me a shout nearer the time and I can give you some tips but they are both places where you can wonder round and enjoy. Beautiful cities

Brussels on 20:03 - Oct 1 with 1158 viewsm14_blue

Brussels on 19:56 - Oct 1 by Bluefish

Both are easy drives as well if you fancy doing it that way. Bruges is closer by car but Brussels is closer by Eurostar. Give me a shout nearer the time and I can give you some tips but they are both places where you can wonder round and enjoy. Beautiful cities

I might be starting a bit far north to drive over for such a short break unfortunately.

Will take you up on that, thanks again!
Brussels on 20:03 - Oct 1 with 1158 viewsbluelagos

Brussels on 19:49 - Oct 1 by Bluefish

Yep, i'd do Brugges over Brussels for a weekender.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Brussels on 20:05 - Oct 1 with 1150 viewsBluefish

Brussels on 20:03 - Oct 1 by bluelagos

Yep, i'd do Brugges over Brussels for a weekender.

Bruges with the missus. Brussels with the boys

Brussels on 20:25 - Oct 1 with 1129 viewsChimayBlue

Get yourself down to the corbeau around 10:30 pm and dance on the tables..... great fun. Just off boulevard anspach to the right of the illuminated Coca Cola sign.
Brussels on 20:44 - Oct 1 with 1120 viewsOxford_Blue

Main square is pretty.

Good for historical sites.

Waterloo is only a 20 min bus journey away.
Login to get fewer ads

Brussels on 21:50 - Oct 1 with 1081 viewsWickwar_Blue

Bruges is beautiful but gets slightly over run by tourists as an alternative Ghent is nice.

Top Brussels bars include Bar de Toone, A La Mort Subite, A La Becasse, Le Greenwich, Au Bon Vieux Temps.

In Bruges T’Brugse Beertje is a must to visit - literally hundreds of beers to choose from.

In Ghent there’s a cool street food market in a converted church (Holy Food Market)
Brussels on 21:57 - Oct 1 with 1078 viewsGuthrum

Just spent a few days in Gdansk, Poland. Old Town is nice, some good historical museums (WWII, Post Office, Westerplatte, Solidarity), nearby medieval castles (e,g Malbork) and a beach resort (Sokop). Nice food, beer is cheap and good. Affordable flights and accommodation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Brussels on 22:11 - Oct 1 with 1059 viewsMullet

Leuven is probably my favourite place in Belgium but it's smaller and possibly not worth more than a night or so, I'd plump for Bruges personally over Brussels. It's not as eyewateringly expensive either from memory.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Brussels on 22:38 - Oct 1 with 1036 viewsBluefish

Brussels on 22:11 - Oct 1 by Mullet

Leuven is probably my favourite place in Belgium but it's smaller and possibly not worth more than a night or so, I'd plump for Bruges personally over Brussels. It's not as eyewateringly expensive either from memory.

I thought bruges was more expensive personally but we did that with the girls so probably went to posher places

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024