Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4x400m mixed relay 14:43 - Oct 1 with 1378 viewsStokieBlue

Did people see this the other night? Was actually quite interesting and fun. The format is 2 men and 2 women and each team can decide who runs what leg thus sometimes it's opposite sexes against each other for that leg.

You can see the race here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p07p5ww4/world-athletics-championships-doh

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

4x400m mixed relay on 15:11 - Oct 1 with 1323 viewsbritbiker

Thank god for that. I had an image of transgender v gay v straight v whatever the latest trend is.
4x400m mixed relay on 15:21 - Oct 1 with 1293 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Works really well in Swimming with the mixed medley relay as you also get the added drama of there being 4 different strokes and lots of different permutations

I thought the pundits were unnecessarily negative as the whole point of mixed relay is to add some more drama (which they do) and also opens up medal chances to other nations as having a couple of decent male or female athletes Isn’t usually enough to win a medal in a relay but now it is
4x400m mixed relay on 15:24 - Oct 1 with 1283 viewsusm

I like it - mixes things up a bit.

They should also do a medley relay - that could be mixed too - 100, 100, 200, 400.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

4x400m mixed relay on 15:26 - Oct 1 with 1274 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm sure there's a joke about 'accidentally' grabbing the wrong baton in there but I can't be bothered to work it out.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

4x400m mixed relay on 15:38 - Oct 1 with 1254 viewscaught-in-limbo

Unfortunately, I can't watch that where I am, but I looked for it on youtube and found this instead:

Brilliant!

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

4x400m mixed relay on 15:43 - Oct 1 with 1232 viewsSwansea_Blue

4x400m mixed relay on 15:38 - Oct 1 by caught-in-limbo

Unfortunately, I can't watch that where I am, but I looked for it on youtube and found this instead:

Brilliant!

Superb!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

4x400m mixed relay on 16:28 - Oct 1 with 1168 viewsSWGF

Issue is that it could get very formulaic very quickly if every team does the same thing (i.e. MFFM) which would negate the uniqueness of the event. They were suggesting, on commentary, that the order is drawn by lots, for each team.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

4x400m mixed relay on 16:48 - Oct 1 with 1139 viewsTractorWood

Thought it was quality.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

4x400m mixed relay on 20:01 - Oct 1 with 1055 viewsFtnfwest

It was ok but only because one team had a different order to the others. All four laps should be randomly drawn per team each race, that’d shake it up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024