Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) 21:15 - Sep 30 with 924 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) on 21:46 - Sep 30 with 890 viewsSwansea_Blue

^^^this.

What?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) on 22:12 - Sep 30 with 827 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) on 21:46 - Sep 30 by Swansea_Blue

^^^this.

What?

Not sure why the "what". Arsenal had a goal that the assistant referee flagged for offside but on VAR it showed there was a defender who the assistant failed to take into account who was clearly playing the Arsenal player onside.

The referee did not whistle until the ball was in the net and then signalled the offside. Man Utd are trying to claim they stopped because of the flag but looks to me like they didn't stop and the rules are (and always have been) play to the whistle not to the flag.

Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) on 22:15 - Sep 30 with 818 viewsLankHenners

It's what it was brought in for not why we should have it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) on 22:25 - Sep 30 with 794 viewsITFC_Forever

But that goal shouldn’t need VAR, simply a competent assistant referee who can see that there was a defender barely ten yards in front of him, in his line of vision, playing the opponent on who was several yards further back.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) on 22:27 - Sep 30 with 786 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) on 22:25 - Sep 30 by ITFC_Forever

But that goal shouldn’t need VAR, simply a competent assistant referee who can see that there was a defender barely ten yards in front of him, in his line of vision, playing the opponent on who was several yards further back.

So people should never make mistakes so we don't need VAR to correct them when they do.

Not sure about the logic of that argument straight after seeing one.

Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) on 23:07 - Sep 30 with 730 viewsWarhurst

Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) on 22:25 - Sep 30 by ITFC_Forever

Easy for anyone to say after seeing a replay. But in real time, expecting a human to be 100% accurate is just impossible. Like it or not, if we want to eliminate seemingly "obvious" errors we need video replays to fall back on.
Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) on 23:09 - Sep 30 with 723 viewsSwansea_Blue

Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) on 22:12 - Sep 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure why the "what". Arsenal had a goal that the assistant referee flagged for offside but on VAR it showed there was a defender who the assistant failed to take into account who was clearly playing the Arsenal player onside.

The referee did not whistle until the ball was in the net and then signalled the offside. Man Utd are trying to claim they stopped because of the flag but looks to me like they didn't stop and the rules are (and always have been) play to the whistle not to the flag.

I had no idea what you were refereing to, that's all. I wasn't watchig the match.

Sounds like it did it's job, so yep agreed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) on 06:57 - Oct 1 with 606 viewsTractorCam

Exactly why we should have VAR (n/t) on 22:27 - Sep 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

So people should never make mistakes so we don't need VAR to correct them when they do.

Not sure about the logic of that argument straight after seeing one.

I hate VAR but was nice to see it come into play for a 'clear and obvious' error for once, the whole reason it's here. However even that still took way too long to come to the decision.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024