Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good first half from Wales 09:45 - Sep 29 with 683 viewsStokieBlue

Not sure about the Aussie captain debating with the ref.

Aussies need to regroup or might get quite bad for them.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good first half from Wales on 09:56 - Sep 29 with 649 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Aussies need to start this second half well. Get wales on the back foot and see what happens for them.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Good first half from Wales on 09:57 - Sep 29 with 649 viewsDarth_Koont

Wales have been clinical and deserve the lead. Although the interception put a bit of a gloss on it. If Australia can get the ball out to their runners then they could get back into it.

I think Hooper had a point re: the tackle. It was head to head and when you protect the ball your arms are already up there. It's the sort of contact you see 50 times a game when the tackler goes in high, even if legal. So if that's the interpretation it's difficult to see what the Australian ball runners need to do to avoid infringing.

Pronouns: He/Him

Good first half from Wales on 10:24 - Sep 29 with 620 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think the Aussies have regrouped!
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 10:24]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good first half from Wales on 10:46 - Sep 29 with 602 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blimey, that was some half

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good first half from Wales on 10:47 - Sep 29 with 599 viewsHerbivore

Game of the world cup so far. Cracking match.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good first half from Wales on 10:51 - Sep 29 with 593 viewsDarth_Koont

Good first half from Wales on 10:46 - Sep 29 by Swansea_Blue

Blimey, that was some half

Indeed. Punishing stuff.

Even though Australia made almost all the running second-half, Wales showed the mental strength that Gatland has instilled over the years and kept their noses in front.

Although there were a few high tackle interpretations that went their way. Not quite sure why Josh Evans could jump upwards into a tackle, it be deemed high and a penalty yet not be carded.

Good first half from Wales on 11:04 - Sep 29 with 578 viewsmanchego

Good first half from Wales on 10:51 - Sep 29 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. Punishing stuff.

Even though Australia made almost all the running second-half, Wales showed the mental strength that Gatland has instilled over the years and kept their noses in front.

Although there were a few high tackle interpretations that went their way. Not quite sure why Josh Evans could jump upwards into a tackle, it be deemed high and a penalty yet not be carded.

I think because there was very little time to do anything else. They checked in real time the Aussie broke a tackle and was on Evans in a split second.
Good first half from Wales on 11:19 - Sep 29 with 569 viewsDarth_Koont

Good first half from Wales on 11:04 - Sep 29 by manchego

I think because there was very little time to do anything else. They checked in real time the Aussie broke a tackle and was on Evans in a split second.

Sure, although that doesn't matter really. The Uruguay player in the early match got sent off (rightly) for a tackle where the ball carrier was dropping down as he got tackled by another player.

I just think that if there is to be consistency and player safety that you don't want people actually jumping upwards into tackles and striking the head with a shoulder. Wales very clearly try to seal off the ball rugby-league style but for me that often means coming in too high.

Login to get fewer ads

Good first half from Wales on 11:58 - Sep 29 with 547 viewsunstableblue

Thought wales were fading badly... Aussies subs boosted them in second half... but welsh forwards immense

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Good first half from Wales on 12:25 - Sep 29 with 521 viewsagentp

Good first half from Wales on 11:19 - Sep 29 by Darth_Koont

Sure, although that doesn't matter really. The Uruguay player in the early match got sent off (rightly) for a tackle where the ball carrier was dropping down as he got tackled by another player.

I just think that if there is to be consistency and player safety that you don't want people actually jumping upwards into tackles and striking the head with a shoulder. Wales very clearly try to seal off the ball rugby-league style but for me that often means coming in too high.

Not a fan of the new contact laws and interpretations TBH - the beginning of a dumbing down. 5-years down the line we will see a shift to more IO/M injuries. Most injuries happen in training anyway - usually more brutal than a match, But hey ho, it's the way all sports - and walks of life in general, are going.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Good first half from Wales on 12:47 - Sep 29 with 500 viewsDarth_Koont

Good first half from Wales on 12:25 - Sep 29 by agentp

Not a fan of the new contact laws and interpretations TBH - the beginning of a dumbing down. 5-years down the line we will see a shift to more IO/M injuries. Most injuries happen in training anyway - usually more brutal than a match, But hey ho, it's the way all sports - and walks of life in general, are going.

It's not easy but finding a way to reduce concussion and neck injuries is the crucial thing and I believe studies show that the higher tackles have seen these increase.

Although proper technique is the important thing, not necessarily height per se. I know Biggar was trying (again) to attack the ball but ridiculous how much he got his head on the wrong side for the tackle that saw him having to go off. That was a dangerous tackle even though he was mostly endangering himself.

In the reverse of football, maybe it's time to make sure players go for the man and not the ball or risk a penalty or worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024