Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's one for you arty, university tossers 13:55 - Sep 27 with 1649 viewsfooters

Review of Grayson Perry's latest show... ouch!

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2019/sep/27/grayson-perry-super-rich-in

Jones is a bit of a knob at the best of times, but he's got some good points here.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 13:58 - Sep 27 with 1627 viewswkj

Just a bloke in a costume

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 14:03 - Sep 27 with 1602 viewsgiant_stow

I love take-down reviews of anything* - ta.

* I know thats not a very lovely trait.

Edit: read it now - that last line: ouch.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 14:07]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 14:03 - Sep 27 with 1603 viewsSpruceMoose

Without commenting on Perry's work personally, I'm surprised Jones was able to see enough of his keyboard to type that review, what with Damien Hirst's winkle lodged firmly in his mouth.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 14:09 - Sep 27 with 1579 viewsfooters

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 14:03 - Sep 27 by giant_stow

I love take-down reviews of anything* - ta.

* I know thats not a very lovely trait.

Edit: read it now - that last line: ouch.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 14:07]

We all love it, brother. Some may say they don't, but it's one of life's sweetest pleasures.

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 14:13 - Sep 27 with 1568 viewsStokieBlue

I was planning to go to that exhibition. Went to see Yayoi Kusama there last year and it was decent for a small gallery.

Of course, Jones has no axe to grind here (wikipedia):

"Jones has also engaged in a long-running feud with the potter Grayson Perry, which began in 2001 with his review of the exhibition New Labour at the Saatchi Gallery, entitled "If I had a hammer...", assumedly in reference to Perry's work. The review of the group show opens with 3 paragraphs deriding Perry's pottery, recommending "Smash them and bury the pieces". Later, he states outright that Perry is "a terrible artist".

Pinch of salt required I feel.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 15:09 - Sep 27 with 1508 viewsjeera

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 14:13 - Sep 27 by StokieBlue

I was planning to go to that exhibition. Went to see Yayoi Kusama there last year and it was decent for a small gallery.

Of course, Jones has no axe to grind here (wikipedia):

"Jones has also engaged in a long-running feud with the potter Grayson Perry, which began in 2001 with his review of the exhibition New Labour at the Saatchi Gallery, entitled "If I had a hammer...", assumedly in reference to Perry's work. The review of the group show opens with 3 paragraphs deriding Perry's pottery, recommending "Smash them and bury the pieces". Later, he states outright that Perry is "a terrible artist".

Pinch of salt required I feel.

SB

And in reference to his comments regarding Terry Pratchett I would venture that Jones is a complete knob who can feck right off.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 15:11 - Sep 27 with 1506 viewsjeera

The type who will purchase Perry's work will buy it for its novelty as much as anything else and probably won't give a toss if it's worth anything in 20 years time, or have expectations either way.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 3:20]

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 01:51 - Sep 28 with 1407 viewsBrixtonBlue

His dissection and angry rant actually legitimises the art. Art is meant to inflame - so he's an idiot.

His review should've been two words: Utter sh!te.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 01:53 - Sep 28 with 1403 viewswkj

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 01:51 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

His dissection and angry rant actually legitimises the art. Art is meant to inflame - so he's an idiot.

U ok hun?

Crybaby

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 03:22 - Sep 28 with 1383 viewsjeera

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 01:53 - Sep 28 by wkj

U ok hun?

This reminds me of the one when Rachel dates Bruce Willis's character.

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 03:28 - Sep 28 with 1379 viewswkj

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 03:22 - Sep 28 by jeera

This reminds me of the one when Rachel dates Bruce Willis's character.

What one was that, Hudson Hawk?

Crybaby

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 08:58 - Sep 28 with 1316 viewsBrixtonBlue

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 01:53 - Sep 28 by wkj

U ok hun?

Fabulous. How's yourself?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 09:29 - Sep 28 with 1296 viewsfooters

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 01:51 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

He's got a point, though. A lot of Perry's work is trite and childish, and isn't really of much 'fine art' value.

Appreciate the aesthetics and shallow politics, sure, but it won't be of any interest in 20 years' time.

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 10:24 - Sep 28 with 1269 viewswkj

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 09:29 - Sep 28 by footers

He's got a point, though. A lot of Perry's work is trite and childish, and isn't really of much 'fine art' value.

Appreciate the aesthetics and shallow politics, sure, but it won't be of any interest in 20 years' time.

Yes, quite. In my opinion it is an example of trying too hard to be something it isn't... Art. I long for the day that people can enjoy art for its raw beauty instead of having to 'wheres wally' a meaning or message. I'm sure there will be some interesting pieces on show, but I certainly won't be buying any this time.

Crybaby

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 10:29 - Sep 28 with 1262 viewsfooters

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 10:24 - Sep 28 by wkj

Yes, quite. In my opinion it is an example of trying too hard to be something it isn't... Art. I long for the day that people can enjoy art for its raw beauty instead of having to 'wheres wally' a meaning or message. I'm sure there will be some interesting pieces on show, but I certainly won't be buying any this time.

Same same. The last piece I picked up is called 'Two Eggs in a Nest', a watercolour by Glenda Hazelwood. I had to shell out quite a bit for that but it's a cracker. Hopefully it will greatly appreciate in value after being incubated down in my walk-in humidor.

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 10:31 - Sep 28 with 1247 viewswkj

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 10:29 - Sep 28 by footers

Same same. The last piece I picked up is called 'Two Eggs in a Nest', a watercolour by Glenda Hazelwood. I had to shell out quite a bit for that but it's a cracker. Hopefully it will greatly appreciate in value after being incubated down in my walk-in humidor.

I will take your word for it. Sadly I have seen your idea of art when you took us to that open mic night. Not saying that you were bad, I just didn't understand what was funny about any of the acts, it was all a bit too self indulged and forced cleverness for my taste.

Crybaby

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 10:37 - Sep 28 with 1235 viewsfooters

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 10:31 - Sep 28 by wkj

I will take your word for it. Sadly I have seen your idea of art when you took us to that open mic night. Not saying that you were bad, I just didn't understand what was funny about any of the acts, it was all a bit too self indulged and forced cleverness for my taste.

Londoners don't like Jethro jokes, what a surprise. Probably not 'politically correct' enough for 'em. And the hecklers didn't help matters.

Still, I got my fiver from the jar whip around so all's well.

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 10:42 - Sep 28 with 1227 viewswkj

Here's one for you arty, university tossers on 10:37 - Sep 28 by footers

Londoners don't like Jethro jokes, what a surprise. Probably not 'politically correct' enough for 'em. And the hecklers didn't help matters.

Still, I got my fiver from the jar whip around so all's well.

You always say that, but that fiver was an expired TopShop voucher and you know it.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024