Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards 10:39 - Sep 24 with 4155 viewsGarv

What have people made of him so far having come back from injury?

The only game he seems to have had a proper involvement in was Bolton. Is that fair?

I'd have hoped he would be one to hit the ground running in League One. Considering how bad we were as a whole last year he did okay.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Edwards on 10:43 - Sep 24 with 4132 viewsBluefish

He seems as pointless as he did before

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Edwards on 10:47 - Sep 24 with 4118 viewsTractorCam

Good against Peterborough, rubbish since.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Edwards on 10:50 - Sep 24 with 4097 viewsflimflam

Rowe superior for me.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Edwards on 10:51 - Sep 24 with 4099 viewsSteve_M

Still lacking fitness, good bits of attacking play have been in fits and starts. He did some good stuff at Peterborough but him and Rowe tiring was a big part of why we were behind in the second half.

I thought he was disciplined, if unexciting going forwards, at Gillingham so he did his job properly rather than being a weak link.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Edwards on 10:51 - Sep 24 with 4092 viewsPJH

Personally I thought he was not very good last season and think he is not very good this season.
I certainly hope PL never considers playing him at LWB again.

Only real interest is wondering when one of his late and high tackles is going to bring a red card.
Edwards on 10:52 - Sep 24 with 4088 viewsDubtractor

Edwards on 10:51 - Sep 24 by Steve_M

Still lacking fitness, good bits of attacking play have been in fits and starts. He did some good stuff at Peterborough but him and Rowe tiring was a big part of why we were behind in the second half.

I thought he was disciplined, if unexciting going forwards, at Gillingham so he did his job properly rather than being a weak link.

He was, surprisingly, decent defensively on Saturday, but not great at all coming forward.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Edwards on 10:54 - Sep 24 with 4085 viewsBluefish

Edwards on 10:52 - Sep 24 by Dubtractor

He was, surprisingly, decent defensively on Saturday, but not great at all coming forward.

How does he rank vs Paul Anderson? Less ability but more pace?

Edwards on 11:02 - Sep 24 with 4059 viewsGarv

Edwards on 10:51 - Sep 24 by PJH

Personally I thought he was not very good last season and think he is not very good this season.
I certainly hope PL never considers playing him at LWB again.

Only real interest is wondering when one of his late and high tackles is going to bring a red card.

For a winger his crossing is poor, but he is a goal threat. Would be a useful player if the rest of his game can improve.

Login to get fewer ads

Edwards on 11:11 - Sep 24 with 4027 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Chicken of the headless variety.

Offers something defensively though.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Edwards on 11:17 - Sep 24 with 4010 viewsportmanking

Second touch is always a tackle, which is somewhat alarming for a winger that needs the ball under control to bamboozle full backs.

He'll need to be let go next season IF we manage to return to the Championship. In fact, we'll probably need to upgrade both flanks if we bounce back.
Edwards on 11:26 - Sep 24 with 3977 viewsIpswichKnight

Incosistant. Some good stuff followed by some poor stuff as others have said though he does have a goal threat about him which I don't think any of our other wingers have.
Edwards on 11:33 - Sep 24 with 3960 viewsBluefish

Edwards on 11:26 - Sep 24 by IpswichKnight

Incosistant. Some good stuff followed by some poor stuff as others have said though he does have a goal threat about him which I don't think any of our other wingers have.

I wouldn't pick him ahead of the following across the wing back, winger or cam roles. He seems surplus to requirements especially when we seem to now favour 532 or a diamond

Rowe
Judge
Dobra
El mizouni
Lankester
Georgiou
Garbutt
Kvy
Sears

Edwards on 11:38 - Sep 24 with 3944 viewsMetal_Hacker

I thought it was just me. I don't get to too many games but i watch iFollow for the most and watched Saturdays game.

Whilst I'm not sure there was any stand out performer I think Edwards was once again pretty much non-productive.

I was taught from a very young age playing at quite a high standard myself, that any player worth their salt on the pitch should be considered to make some sort of change to a game or have some sort of influence .I/m really struggling to see recently where Edwards makes any sort of positive influence.Seems to falling into the Grant Ward category for me

Poll: If it were one or the other

Edwards on 12:18 - Sep 24 with 3822 viewsSuperblue95

Edwards on 10:43 - Sep 24 by Bluefish

He has 7 goals in 39 games for us, 6 of which came in a side that couldn’t score in a brothel so he certainly isn’t pointless.

May not be a spectacular player but always handy to have players around who can put the ball in the back of the net, and his strike rate puts a lot of strikers we’ve had in the past 15 years to shame

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Edwards on 12:31 - Sep 24 with 3789 viewsPJH

Edwards on 12:18 - Sep 24 by Superblue95

He has 7 goals in 39 games for us, 6 of which came in a side that couldn’t score in a brothel so he certainly isn’t pointless.

May not be a spectacular player but always handy to have players around who can put the ball in the back of the net, and his strike rate puts a lot of strikers we’ve had in the past 15 years to shame

He does occasionally score goals but in my view there are a hell of a lot of things that he either does not do or very rarely does.

Among them:-

He does not/rarely does go past an opponent with the ball.
He does not/rarely does put in a decent cross, sometimes he crosses into a good area but it might he worth him seeing if anyone is actually in that area before crossing.
He certainly does not tackle well, his tackles are often late,high and bordering on being over the ball, a red card will happen one day.

If and when we have close to a fully fit squad available I would see little reason in having him in the eighteen but I would certainly not have him in the starting team.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 15:09]
Edwards on 14:48 - Sep 24 with 3610 viewsGarv

Edwards on 11:17 - Sep 24 by portmanking

Second touch is always a tackle, which is somewhat alarming for a winger that needs the ball under control to bamboozle full backs.

He'll need to be let go next season IF we manage to return to the Championship. In fact, we'll probably need to upgrade both flanks if we bounce back.

I think we'll need to upgrade a lot of the squad if we go up, to be honest.

Edwards on 15:02 - Sep 24 with 3591 viewshoppy

Edwards on 10:43 - Sep 24 by Bluefish

As soon as I saw the thread title and preview for this, I wondered to myself how far down I'd have to scroll to see your response, knowing your views... well done for not disappointing, by being the first reply!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Edwards on 15:08 - Sep 24 with 3583 viewsBluefish

Edwards on 15:02 - Sep 24 by hoppy

As soon as I saw the thread title and preview for this, I wondered to myself how far down I'd have to scroll to see your response, knowing your views... well done for not disappointing, by being the first reply!

It is my duty to bring others up to speed on these sorts of things

Edwards on 15:13 - Sep 24 with 3563 viewsArnieM

Is ,, IMO, underwhelming.. we have better players who could...should, play ahead of him

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Edwards on 15:15 - Sep 24 with 3555 viewsPJH

Edwards on 15:13 - Sep 24 by ArnieM

Is ,, IMO, underwhelming.. we have better players who could...should, play ahead of him

You maybe should put 'several' in between have and better.
Edwards on 17:59 - Sep 24 with 3418 viewsTheDailyTractor

Agree with some but overall think some comments are a tad harsh. One of the brighter points of last season before injury and also scored against the scum. He Carrie's a goal threat but needs to be a bit braver imo when running at defenders. He has plenty of tricks up his sleeve so go for it. Seems to have scaled back his attacking prowess but I think that will come with confidence.

Finally I think he could of done with an extra 2 or 3 weeks training before jumping back in at Peterborough. He seemed very desperate to jump back in quickly. If he came back in the same time as Nolan I think it would of suited both parties better.
Edwards on 18:03 - Sep 24 with 3411 viewswkj

Same as always, occasional flashes of quality but a horrific first touch

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Edwards on 18:31 - Sep 24 with 3363 viewsstrikalite

Edwards on 18:03 - Sep 24 by wkj

Same as always, occasional flashes of quality but a horrific first touch

Agree, he doesn't have close control, strange how he's been given time yet Rowe hasn't..
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 18:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024