Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby is so much better than football. 09:17 - Sep 22 with 14104 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Discuss.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:20 - Sep 22 with 5282 viewsBarneycurley

Yeah it's amazing all that work the referee has to do to find infringements constantly. I enjoy Rugby but the constant BS of having a referee trying to find infringements ruins it

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:21 - Sep 22 with 5268 viewsDubtractor

No it isn't.

End of discussion.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:26 - Sep 22 with 5249 viewssundaze

Wrong site for you to be on really if you prefer rugby, especially when there is a world cup match at the moment between Scotland and Ireland.
For what it's worth, rugby has no goalkeepers, yet how often do you see a side scoring a goal?
Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:27 - Sep 22 with 5247 viewsChurchman

I really enjoyed playing it - more than football, but I hate watching it oddly and never do. I did Twickenham a couple of years ago against the All Blacks and enjoyed it - but that was because we did the corporate thing and I was a right state before the game even started. Twickenham stadium looked old.
Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:30 - Sep 22 with 5243 viewsFtnfwest

If it was, millions more would take an interest in and watch club rugby not just internationals. I suppose as well it’s the instantaneous nature of football in that in many games the situation can change in seconds whereas rugby, and even the World Cup, once a team gets on top that’s usually it.
Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:33 - Sep 22 with 5225 viewsosborne

Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:21 - Sep 22 by Dubtractor

No it isn't.

End of discussion.

It is a great game, for people who are rubbish at football.
Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:39 - Sep 22 with 5209 viewsITFC_Forever

No it’s not.

It’s a load of blokes rolling around on the floor.

I like most sports, but have never understood rugby. It doesn’t flow and just ends up with a pile of bodies intertwined trying to grab the ball.

Think I’ve only watched two games all the way through in my life.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:41 - Sep 22 with 5190 viewsDarth_Koont

About the same in my book.

At their very best both are magical, at their very worst both are terrible.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:47 - Sep 22 with 5159 viewsagentp

Not really comparable are they?

Most football loving folk don't get the rules and if you don't get the rules you'll never enjoy it.

Playing rugby - I played in tier 2,3 and 4 and it was just the best place to be. I remember getting sin-binned in Cornwall for lamping their lock and having some little ball girl chatting to me for ten minutes while sat there about Dolphins and Sharks. Loved those days.

Football offers the fans the feelings that rugby players live for. Both are great sports

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:00 - Sep 22 with 5122 viewswkj

Nah, Rugby is full of plastics who watch em when we're playing international tournaments, but would never dream of going to a club game

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:02 - Sep 22 with 5113 viewsfooters

Rugby is about as good as football.

But who am I to judge. Half of you melts actually get excited about cricket lol.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:03 - Sep 22 with 5112 viewsChurchman

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:00 - Sep 22 by wkj

Nah, Rugby is full of plastics who watch em when we're playing international tournaments, but would never dream of going to a club game

There were quite a few hooray henrys going to Twickenham when I went. Doubt they go to club games.
Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:05 - Sep 22 with 5097 viewsclive_baker

Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:20 - Sep 22 by Barneycurley

Yeah it's amazing all that work the referee has to do to find infringements constantly. I enjoy Rugby but the constant BS of having a referee trying to find infringements ruins it

Yet they miss so many handballs.

FWIW I really like rugby, especially at international level, but I think that’s why the debate exists is because people aren’t comparing apples with apples. It’s a big tournament such as 6 nations or World Cup vs everyday football. When was the last time you saw thousands of people trek 400 miles up the country to watch a 3rd tier rugby club in domestic league action? Doesn’t happen. I love sport generally, rugby, football, cricket etc, but for me nothing evokes the passion of watching Ipswich Town play football.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:07 - Sep 22 with 5088 viewswkj

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:02 - Sep 22 by footers

Rugby is about as good as football.

But who am I to judge. Half of you melts actually get excited about cricket lol.

Says the man who only watches Challenge TV

Crybaby

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:08 - Sep 22 with 5086 viewsEastTownBlue

Rugby is so much better than football. on 09:39 - Sep 22 by ITFC_Forever

No it’s not.

It’s a load of blokes rolling around on the floor.

I like most sports, but have never understood rugby. It doesn’t flow and just ends up with a pile of bodies intertwined trying to grab the ball.

Think I’ve only watched two games all the way through in my life.

The pile of bodies ends up with the referee making some random decision which nobody understands. The decision is accepted but not understood.
Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:11 - Sep 22 with 5075 viewsfooters

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:07 - Sep 22 by wkj

Says the man who only watches Challenge TV

Please reword to 'is in intense training for Thursday's pub quiz'.

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:13 - Sep 22 with 5069 viewswkj

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:11 - Sep 22 by footers

Please reword to 'is in intense training for Thursday's pub quiz'.

I saw what happens when you see Mr Chips... the only quiz involved is a police enquiry
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 10:14]

Crybaby

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:17 - Sep 22 with 5054 viewsfooters

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:13 - Sep 22 by wkj

I saw what happens when you see Mr Chips... the only quiz involved is a police enquiry
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 10:14]

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:18 - Sep 22 with 5048 viewsJ2BLUE

International rugby is watchable when there is no football.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:19 - Sep 22 with 5047 viewswkj

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:17 - Sep 22 by footers

The funniest think I find about this clip is always how oblivious the lady is, she hasn't a clue whats going on!

Crybaby

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:22 - Sep 22 with 5033 viewsfooters

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:19 - Sep 22 by wkj

The funniest think I find about this clip is always how oblivious the lady is, she hasn't a clue whats going on!

Such innocence can be extremely useful, if trained from a young age, like ivy on a trellis.

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:24 - Sep 22 with 5027 viewswkj

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:22 - Sep 22 by footers

Such innocence can be extremely useful, if trained from a young age, like ivy on a trellis.

That would explain why you love your protege like you do!

Crybaby

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:36 - Sep 22 with 5008 viewsAdelaideblue

Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:24 - Sep 22 by wkj

That would explain why you love your protege like you do!

I like football, and passionately support ipswich, even though i now live in Oz...but i love rubgy, and always watch England games even if i have to get up in the middle of the night (oh and and yes i watch town too on i follow).

Miss my trips to twickenham / portman road

One thing tho rugby refs dont just look for breaches of the law's of the game, they give direction to the player to assist the flow of the game....imaging a footy ref telling forwards to mind their off sides lol
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 10:37]
Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:37 - Sep 22 with 5001 viewsm14_blue

Is it fcuk.
Rugby is so much better than football. on 10:44 - Sep 22 with 4985 viewsstrikalite

I do appreciate it more nowadays, the pace and power of the game now is brutal at International level...

Think the ref has far too much control though, when they all go piling in(my technical term)he can blow for an infringement over small margins which annoyingly nobody else can see and discuss, at least in football you have that and fans can have views in things..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024