Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
young Andre 08:27 - Sep 22 with 4094 viewstextbackup

Its pretty hard watching young Dozzell at the moment, has the talent, no doubting that, but he's just not kicking on or taking the chances with both hands.
I don't know if that's a system not suiting him or what, but its just not happening for him unfortunately at present

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

young Andre on 08:29 - Sep 22 with 4065 viewsDubtractor

Actually thought he played OK yesterday, not outstanding at all, but decent enough.

Several of our better moves involved him.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

young Andre on 08:29 - Sep 22 with 4051 viewsCoco

I think the system is irrelevant. He just drifts through games and doesn’t strive to to get involved and make an impact. He needs to do a bit of the dirty stuff.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

young Andre on 08:33 - Sep 22 with 4022 viewstextbackup

young Andre on 08:29 - Sep 22 by Dubtractor

Actually thought he played OK yesterday, not outstanding at all, but decent enough.

Several of our better moves involved him.

compare his performance to Nolans 45 mins....

young Andre on 09:00 - Sep 22 with 3909 viewsitfcjoe

Very enigmatic, but the quality shown on the goal key - look at the longer highlight and we are going nowhere TIL he just turns it round corner and fires us into life and then gets it back

Like Wimbledon game, no matter how he plays he seems to do something decisive, thought he battled well too

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

young Andre on 09:08 - Sep 22 with 3843 viewsDubtractor

young Andre on 09:00 - Sep 22 by itfcjoe

Very enigmatic, but the quality shown on the goal key - look at the longer highlight and we are going nowhere TIL he just turns it round corner and fires us into life and then gets it back

Like Wimbledon game, no matter how he plays he seems to do something decisive, thought he battled well too

Pretty much as I saw it.

He clearly has quality, and I think the only way to develop it is to persevere and keep giving him chances. He will either develop or he won't, but I hope that as we get better as a team he will in turn become more confident with it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

young Andre on 09:18 - Sep 22 with 3779 viewsBiGDonnie

I'd like to see him get a run of 5/6 games to see how he'd do, he seems to only ever get one start in 3/4 at the moment.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

young Andre on 09:22 - Sep 22 with 3763 viewsChurchman

At 20 years old and having missed a season with a serious injury, he needs competitive games and lots of them. Unless he is going to get in or close to the favoured starting 11 with us this year, I think he should go on loan for half a season. It did Downes and Woolfy the world of good.
young Andre on 09:33 - Sep 22 with 3709 viewstextbackup

yeah actually saying that he didn't fly into a tackle or two.

I think downes impact has been so massive that I look at doz and think he should have done the same, which is unfair I guess

Login to get fewer ads

young Andre on 09:36 - Sep 22 with 3675 viewsITFCBlues

In his defence, it can't be easy playing 60 odd minutes once a month. He needs a run of games which isn't likely to happen here with so many players in those positions. I hope he keeps his place for the Tranmere game.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

young Andre on 09:37 - Sep 22 with 3670 viewsitfcjoe

young Andre on 09:33 - Sep 22 by textbackup

yeah actually saying that he didn't fly into a tackle or two.

I think downes impact has been so massive that I look at doz and think he should have done the same, which is unfair I guess

Downes has a more action game so will always show more as going to be more involved, think he might need a rest as barely played more than 45 mins in last two games which was a surprise.

Think Dozz will get a run in the team soon and up to him to make a position his own - won’t be easy but he needs that run

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

young Andre on 09:44 - Sep 22 with 3632 viewsstrikalite

young Andre on 09:22 - Sep 22 by Churchman

At 20 years old and having missed a season with a serious injury, he needs competitive games and lots of them. Unless he is going to get in or close to the favoured starting 11 with us this year, I think he should go on loan for half a season. It did Downes and Woolfy the world of good.

Said it before and I'll say it again, if he went overseas to the German or Spanish league he'd turn into a top player, no doubt he has the ability, he's wasting his time here, why does he drift in and out of games? Because our ball retention is generally poor, as it is with most sides, the Championship isn't his place either for that reason...

Get away from Town, get away from his Dad, like a lad joining the forces it will broaden him and in two seasons he'd become a different player..
young Andre on 09:52 - Sep 22 with 3580 viewsBLUEBEAT

He’ll be gone (yes, there) in January.

Poll: W or W

young Andre on 10:12 - Sep 22 with 3499 viewsArnieM

young Andre on 08:29 - Sep 22 by Coco

I think the system is irrelevant. He just drifts through games and doesn’t strive to to get involved and make an impact. He needs to do a bit of the dirty stuff.

It’s not in his game or nature to play the hard but in the middle. He’s a silk purse in a pigs ear division.

He did improve as the game went on but his style of game was never going to hanging out banners in this division I’m afraid .

I don’t think he’s signed that new deal on the table yet either. So watch this space in January.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

young Andre on 11:31 - Sep 22 with 3292 viewsreusersfreekicks

Few sublime moments yesterday including for the goal and a run in their box. Just needs more constant intensity.
young Andre on 12:17 - Sep 22 with 3204 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

every week, another post pontificating on Dozzell.

Young skilful player, has very bad injury. Making his way back slowly, being managed carefully.

Let's give it a break and give him time.
young Andre on 12:34 - Sep 22 with 3141 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He has all the talent. I will always be able to justify a place in the 18 for Andre.

Showed some really good moments yesterday, it is really hard to for a young player to play consistently well without a run in the side, but I thought Andre was good yesterday.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

young Andre on 13:01 - Sep 22 with 3076 viewsMrTown

I thought he did OK yesterday, he's not playing enough football. The ball round the corner is probably what Andre is about, a pass that others don't really see, but he isn't doing enough throughout games.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

young Andre on 19:04 - Sep 22 with 2772 viewstractorboy1978

Agreed and that was something I didn't really acknowledge or appreciate at the game yesterday, only when i watched it back. He has real genuine ability and sees/executes passes others cannot, he just needs to do it more often.
young Andre on 19:28 - Sep 22 with 2714 viewssoupytwist

young Andre on 19:04 - Sep 22 by tractorboy1978

Agreed and that was something I didn't really acknowledge or appreciate at the game yesterday, only when i watched it back. He has real genuine ability and sees/executes passes others cannot, he just needs to do it more often.

I was told that Steve Foley once described Dozzell playing as though he has wing mirrors. I guess that means what you said - he sees stuff that others can't / don't.

He'll probably do it successfully more often if he plays more, you need to know where your team mates will be and they need to know that you can make those passes.
young Andre on 22:49 - Sep 22 with 2477 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How would those questioning Dozzell's ability/potential/impact have rated Bishop 3 years ago?

How would they rate Bishop now?

Only if the answer to both questions is Bishop would have been much better then and is not worth a contract now should they be writing Dozzell off now.

If those are the answers, they either have a warped memory of Bishop or have no idea about football. Dozzell is a player with real potential and will blossom from being given chances this season without the pressure of expectation to be the finished article and a key player.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024